• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The good the Bad the Ugly, game #1

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good

After the first TD the Defense didn't let the Chiefs back into the endzone.
Running game looked ok
Oline Pass blocking was better than i expected ( still not great )

The Bad

To many long Drives against the Defense making almost every Chief QB look like starter Quality
Gashed a few times up the gut for long runs
TO MANY DROPS by the WR's

The Ugly

Back-up QB play was awful
EVERY QB ( even Wilson ) was late on to many throws
to many wide open WR/TE that did not even get a chance at balls thrown to them.
to many missed blocking assignments leading to sacks or stuffed running plays
to many 3rd and long conversions.

Even though the Hawks pulled off a win lets not kid ourselves that was pure luck. Thankfully this game means nothing and we get 3 more shots to improve.

Area's we need to see MASSIVE improvement
WR's holding onto balls, QB's going to someone other than the first read or check downs ( Boykin ) VISION from the QB's ( even Wilson ) to find the Open target, there was a bunch of missed ones today.
stupid mistakes cleaned up and penalties.

The BIGGEST area i want to see improvement from next week is QB play from Boykin and Heaps. If we have another week like this one then it's time to go after a Vet QB. Heck even Manziel is a MASSIVE upgrade over what we have now.( No i don't want Johnny football ever to touch the field on the Hawks lol )

What say you faithful 12's Whats your good, Bad, ugly list and where do you want to see the most improvement next week???

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this on the game thread but I was pretty happy with the run game when Michel was playing. Other than that, I agree with everything you have posted.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really happy with the OL in general tonight. The best I've seen from the Seahawks OL in preseason in some time.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put to much thought into the QB position RW hasn't missed a game since being drafted in the NFL there are more important things to worry about. IMO the OL was a huge concern for me but for the most part they didn't play that bad granted the chiefs didn't have Justin Houston and Tamba Hali

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put to much thought into the QB position RW hasn't missed a game since being drafted in the NFL there are more important things to worry about. IMO the OL was a huge concern for me but for the most part they didn't play that bad granted the chiefs didn't have Justin Houston and Tamba Hali

Last year, the Seahawks OL was a sieve in the preseason and that carried on in the regular season. They played pretty well especially earlier on when the starters were in.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good: O line and no significant injuries.

It's the first pre-season game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felt bad for Jake Heaps. Won't show up in the box score, but I felt he made some more impressive throws than Boykin did and his WRs either dropped or didn't manage to catch a lot of really well placed balls.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bad! It was boring! I fell asleep and missed the end. I spent a day thinking they lost.

Game 3 of preseason will be better but this game was the pits. And to think I missed a book discussion on the history of Astoria to watch it.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year, the Seahawks OL was a sieve in the preseason and that carried on in the regular season. They played pretty well especially earlier on when the starters were in.

Yeah I remember how bad it was last year that's what I am worried about. It is a little concerning that about around the time JG injured himself was when the offensive pass game starting picking up. During the game they didn't look that bad but like I said in the other thread Justin Houston and Tamba Hali weren't playing

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say this about basically every team, but if Wilson goes down go ahead and close the books on this team lol. Sometimes you have a serviceable backup that can get the job done (Tarvaris was actually a very good backup) but not on the Seahawks at the moment.

I think Seattle is still healing a bit too. Our RB situation is actually pretty bad at the moment considering Prosise, Rawls, and Collins (played but) are all nursing injuries. Once we get them back 100% and Graham is good to go our offense should be fine given how well the O-Line looked today.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I remember how bad it was last year that's what I am worried about. It is a little concerning that about around the time JG injured himself was when the offensive pass game starting picking up. During the game they didn't look that bad but like I said in the other thread Justin Houston and Tamba Hali weren't playing

JG was more a result than a cause of the bad line. Drew Nowak was absolutely a bigger cause of the problem of our OL woes last year than just about anything else. The line instantly turned around the moment Patrick Lewis replaced Nowak. Nowak hasn't found a job in the NFL since.

That was one of the big problems for JG. He was spending so much time blocking or at least bluffing that he was going to block that he couldn't get involved in the passing game.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
online looked good, but really glad to see the Seahawks kept the high speed offense, Wilson was throwing the ball quick, till the INT. But for me the biggest improvement was Michael. Every time people got near him you'd see TWO ARMS around the ball. Making sure no one was going to knock the ball loose.

The Ugly has to be the special teams kickoff giving the chefs the ball around the 35, and poor tackling. Also forgot all about the ball being placed on the 25 now off kickoff. That's just stupid, but (from the one preseason game) it looks like more teams are going to be kicking short now creating more kickoffs. Which is what the NFL didn't want, so HA HA.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did forget to add something in THE BAD, No pressure on the QB. What makes this a bad is because the Hawks Blitz on a handful of plays and still had little to zero pressure. Bennett coming back will help but not a lot. This team needs to get that area working before the season starts.