• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly from Kings game

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good:

I loved the moment Bogut started yelling (mostly in the direction of David Lee) about the lack of rotation and help defense. It's finally great to see a guy who can not only command the respect, but also call guys out when they miss their assignments.

Also loved Barnes' activity in the game. He was out there hustling and trying to make things happen. I also think towards the middle of the season, he's going to be the one they go to, to get a bucket. He's got that natural athleticism and enough handle to get to the rim. He shied away from contact a time or two in the Kings game, but that will come with his physical development and experience.

The Bad:

The Warriors are still painfully perimeter oriented. They don't have a guy willing to take it to the bucket, which I think is the biggest downside to us losing Rush. He was one guy who could take it to the basket and finish around the hoop. Klay is developing that aspect of his game, but it's not a strength at this point. Curry's not going to get in there and finish at the rim. Jefferson is past his prime in that aspect. Jack settles for those little floaters a bit too much. Most of their sets are run off a high post player, but there aren't any cutters or movement going towards the basket, it's all high picks and settle for top of the key jumpers. I'm hoping when Bogut gets to playing 30+ minutes a game, that will dramatically change.

The Ugly:

Still no killer instinct. It's gonna take some time, but these guys don't have that killer mentality. I know it was the Kings home opener but if you want to be a playoff team you have to win these games. You can't get up for the bigger games and have let downs like this. Consistency could be a major factor in whether or not this team succeeds this year.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harrison Barnes is clearly our best athlete. He was finding space but Thompson and Curry weren't really looking for him down the stretch. Just kept feeding each other. He won't post big numbers while Curry/Klay/Lee are shooting 15+ times a game.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to go ahead and use the $2mill to improve our bench.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to go ahead and use the $2mill to improve our bench.

I doubt they will. They're on the verge of the Luxury Tax as is, and the 2 mil would definitely put them over the top. Not sure who's really out there that can contribute immediately for them either. Suggestions on who they would take a flier on?