• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Golden Bear is Safe

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And guys like Peter Kostis and Brandel Chamblee are loving it! Watching Chamblee tear up Woods' game on the golf channel I though Notah Begay was going to stat crying.

I didn't know that about Notah...

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notah Begay III went to Standford with Tiger. Was on tour for a hot minute.

Still thinks earrings are in

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tiger was in Colorado yesterday to see Lindsey race. But has a 6:30 am tee time today for the Pro am at the Farmers today. It's not televised. The real tournament starts tomorrow.

Would you not expect Tiger to get in 1 practice round after last week?

Is it me or is Tiger on the verge of going David Duval on us.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Tiger was in Colorado yesterday to see Lindsey race. But has a 6:30 am tee time today for the Pro am at the Farmers today. It's not televised. The real tournament starts tomorrow.

Would you not expect Tiger to get in 1 practice round after last week?

Is it me or is Tiger on the verge of going David Duval on us.

As one of DD biggest fans, I take exception to your snipe, good sir. :pound:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one of DD biggest fans, I take exception to your snipe, good sir. :pound:

Yea, so many of these new age golf fans don't even know that golf existed before Tiger.
I really enjoyed Duval's run back in the day. It's a shame he only got 1 major on that run.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notah Begay III went to Standford with Tiger. Was on tour for a hot minute.

Still thinks earrings are in

Begay could play. I think he won three times on the regular tour and shot a 59 on the Web.Com Tour, so he ain't no slouch; he's just a Tiger suck up. Drops Tiger's name at every opportunity and gets very defensive when Chamblee and the boys criticze Woods.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Begay could play. I think he won three times on the regular tour and shot a
59 on the Web.Com Tour, so he ain't no slouch; he's just a Tiger suck up.
Drops Tiger's name at every opportunity and gets very defensive when Chamblee
and the boys criticze Woods.
Any guy on the PGA or Web.com/Nationwide tour can flat out play. Notah might be Tiger's only real friend.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, so many of these new age golf fans don't even know that golf existed before Tiger.
I really enjoyed Duval's run back in the day. It's a shame he only got 1 major on that run.

DD always had a bit of swagger in him...even @ Tech he did...he and VJ were really the only 2 guys to knock Tiger off the #1 perch in his prime.

Kuch will likely be the most heralded Tech guy when it's all said and done, but right now Cink & DD are holding a Claret Jug.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD always had a bit of swagger in him...even @ Tech he did...he and VJ were really the only 2 guys to knock Tiger off the #1 perch in his prime.

Kuch will likely be the most heralded Tech guy when it's all said and done, but right now Cink & DD are holding a Claret Jug.

Hey, then you also have to give a shout out to my boy Hal Sutton. Beat Tiger in the 2000 to win the Players.
To beat Tiger in 2000, especially at a mini major like the players is no small accomplishment.

Not to mention, "be the right club today" is in my top 10 of favorite golf moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAP6gZ1fiQ

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, then you also have to give a shout out to my boy Hal Sutton. Beat Tiger in the 2000 to win the Players.
To beat Tiger in 2000, especially at a mini major like the players is no small accomplishment.

Not to mention, "be the right club today" is in my top 10 of favorite golf moments.

Oh, I love John Goodman. :suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one will ever break his Majors record, certainly not Tiger Woods. This marks five full winless seasons of majors for him. Here, let Skip do my talking for me.

Especially now considering ESPN is reporting that Tiger is taking an indefinite leave of absence from the game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods takes leave from golf, says his game needs 'a lot of work' - ESPN

Tiger Woods is taking an indefinite leave from golf, saying that he needs "a lot of work on my game."

Woods made the announcement Wednesday with a statement on his website.

"Right now, I need a lot of work on my game, and to still spend time with the people that are important to me," he said. "My play, and scores, are not acceptable for tournament golf. Like I've said, I enter a tournament to compete at the highest level, and when I think I'm ready, I'll be back."

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tiger

"This latest injury is not related to my previous surgery. I am having daily physical therapy and I am feeling better every day.
Right now, I need a lot of work on my game, and to still spend time with the people that are important to me. My play, and scores, are not acceptable for tournament golf. Like I've said, I enter a tournament to compete at the highest level, and when I think I'm ready, I'll be back. Next week I will practice at Medalist and at home getting ready for the rest of the year. I am committed to getting back to the pinnacle of my game. I'd like to play The Honda Classic -- it's a tournament in my hometown and it's important to me -- but I won't be there unless my game is tournament-ready. That's not fair to anyone. I do, however, expect to be playing again very soon.
I want to thank the fans in Phoenix and San Diego. They were amazing. I greatly appreciate everyone's support"

How is this a leave of absence if he is trying to get to the Honda? That is before the Masters.

Actually that is the 26th of this month. How can he not know if his game will not be tournament ready in 2 weeks? What could you possibly fix in 2 weeks when Tiger himself says "i need alot of work"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know if you're game is ready, it ain't ready.

Will he humble himself for once and be honest, or will he stop making excuses. This is the question that will help him or break him.

U cant lie to yourself in golf. It will expose any weakness u have.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably the best on course verbiage ever...yes, another guy that wasn't afraid to take it to Tiger....never a great putter, but had the best iron game on tour for a while there.

Sadly I think health reasons maybe keeping him off the champions tour.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of pussy. I'm starting to wonder how much he actually loves the game. He says he's healthy but won't play? That exemption must be nice. This is one of the screwed up things about golf. Grinders who are struggling have to play it out because they're worried about their tour card. They don't stay first class, have private jets, top notch coaches, best medical care you could ask for, ... They're just grinding it out. Then you have Tiger who says he's healthy but just doesn't want to look bad out there. It does open a spot in the fields but that's not the logic behind his decision.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His love of the game died with his father.

Let's stop pretending like this guy belongs with the greats.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of pussy. I'm starting to wonder how much he actually loves the game. He says he's healthy but won't play? That exemption must be nice. This is one of the screwed up things about golf. Grinders who are struggling have to play it out because they're worried about their tour card. They don't stay first class, have private jets, top notch coaches, best medical care you could ask for, ... They're just grinding it out. Then you have Tiger who says he's healthy but just doesn't want to look bad out there. It does open a spot in the fields but that's not the logic behind his decision.

Tiger has earned the lifetime exemption, and in the process made it possible for a lot of these grinders who've never even won one tourney (note Brett Quigley's $11 mil in pgat career earnings) to retire and basically never work a real job.

Tiger's run is over...I think he's starting to see that if can't a least compete, he's better off not playing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His love of the game died with his father.

Let's stop pretending like this guy belongs with the greats.

Why not? Hate the guy all you want, but do you realize how that sounds...2nd in major wins, 2nd in alltime PGAT wins...doesn't belong with the greats? LOL.