• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The GOAT Appreciation Thread

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that are deaf, dumb and blind...or just dumb.

The rest of humanity can remember that the courts ruled that Goodell could and did suspend him, not any any guilt, but because he could as part of the CBA. And, as Roger said, this was for "Past transgressions".
"On May 11, 2015, the NFL announced that Tom Brady was suspended without pay for four games of the upcoming season for his involvement, based on "substantial and credible evidence" that Brady knew Patriots employees were deflating footballs and that he failed to cooperate with investigators."

From the wiki. However you are right about "deaf, dumb and blind...or just dumb"

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"On May 11, 2015, the NFL announced that Tom Brady was suspended without pay for four games of the upcoming season for his involvement, based on "substantial and credible evidence" that Brady knew Patriots employees were deflating footballs and that he failed to cooperate with investigators."

From the wiki. However you are right about "deaf, dumb and blind...or just dumb"

Oh! From the wiki!!

So, in other words, you could have just entered that, or some other hater. But...from the wiki...

The NFL announced this, sure.
Then Tom Brady took it to court.
So...from the wiki...
On August 12, the NFL Players Association and Tom Brady met the NFL in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York at the Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse in Foley Square to discuss a possible settlement. No settlement was reached; the next scheduled court date was August 19. The judge asked to know what exact evidence links Brady to deflating footballs, with NFL lawyer Daniel Nash responding that there was "no direct evidence Mr. Brady clearly knew about this," including records of text messages, and phone calls between the quarterback and one of the two Patriots employees implicated.

No evidence.

Homework for dummies...

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! From the wiki!!

So, in other words, you could have just entered that, or some other hater. But...from the wiki...

The NFL announced this, sure.
Then Tom Brady took it to court.
So...from the wiki...
On August 12, the NFL Players Association and Tom Brady met the NFL in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York at the Daniel Patrick Moynihan United States Courthouse in Foley Square to discuss a possible settlement. No settlement was reached; the next scheduled court date was August 19. The judge asked to know what exact evidence links Brady to deflating footballs, with NFL lawyer Daniel Nash responding that there was "no direct evidence Mr. Brady clearly knew about this," including records of text messages, and phone calls between the quarterback and one of the two Patriots employees implicated.

No evidence.

Homework for dummies...
And yet he was suspended... so weird. I love the mental gymnastics by the fans.

Reactions: GNG

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t feed the trolls, boys.

This thread is for appreciating the amazing two decades of football brought to us by the greatest football player that’s ever put on a jersey. Let the haters hate. Every fucking one of them would kill to experience what we have the last 20 years and they know it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was just showing a player who was not suspended for cheating.

Okay, please tell us exactly what the official charge against Tom Brady that resulted in a four week suspension. The exact charge.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, please tell us exactly what the official charge against Tom Brady that resulted in a four week suspension. The exact charge.
Double back with a somersault. 7.5

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the dancing bear troll never read this: Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

The nerve of an Ohio State fan of accusing ANYBODY else of cheating. HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet he was suspended... so weird. I love the mental gymnastics by the fans.

Again...from the wiki that you quoted...

On April 25, 2016, the Second Circuit reinstated Brady's four-game suspension for the 2016 regular season.[4][107] Circuit Judge Barrington Daniels Parker, Jr., joined by Circuit Judge Chin, wrote that they could not "second-guess" the arbitration but were merely determining it "met the minimum legal standards established by the Labor Management Relations Act of 1947". Circuit Chief Judge Robert Katzmann dissented, writing that the NFL's fines for using stickum was "highly analogous" and that here "the Commissioner was doling out his own brand of industrial justice."

In other words, they agreed that Roger Goodell could suspend any player he wanted, without cause, because that is what the players union had agreed to in the CBA.

Homework for dummies.
Mental gymnastics. You couldn't even mentally walk around the limbo bar.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t feed the trolls, boys.

This thread is for appreciating the amazing two decades of football brought to us by the greatest football player that’s ever put on a jersey. Let the haters hate. Every fucking one of them would kill to experience what we have the last 20 years and they know it.

He may be the enemy now...but I'll still defend him.

Because I appreciate what he did for sports in New England.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls are like children if you leave them alone at the kiddie table they go away. If you engage them they keep pestering, why people ignore this baffles me.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls are like children if you leave them alone at the kiddie table they go away. If you engage them they keep pestering, why people ignore this baffles me.

Good point Yank. The problem is that most of us hate seeing something totally false left to be unchallenged. I think I embarrassed him and instead of going in the room and playing with his dolls, he posted a picture of his favorite one and like an uneducated preschooler, he screamed gibberish that made him feel good to himself but made him look horrible to all of the adults.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Yank. The problem is that most of us hate seeing something totally false left to be unchallenged. I think I embarrassed him and instead of going in the room and playing with his dolls, he posted a picture of his favorite one and like an uneducated preschooler, he screamed gibberish that made him feel good to himself but made him look horrible to all of the adults.

I guess IMO when you know the facts there is no need to debate them. If no one responds they get bored and go away. It's possible the Pats are about to enter some decline and I suspect the trollish behavior will lessen.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible the Pats are about to enter some decline and I suspect the trollish behavior will lessen.

I think the trolling will only get worse if/when the Patriots do decline. The “ha-ha’s” and “how does it feel” crap. But oh well. Fuck em.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trolling will only get worse if/when the Patriots do decline. The “ha-ha’s” and “how does it feel” crap. But oh well. Fuck em.

I would think any fan base would take what the Pats have done over the past 20 years if it meant the next 20 would be pretty mediocre. I know I'm jealous.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think any fan base would take what the Pats have done over the past 20 years if it meant the next 20 would be pretty mediocre. I know I'm jealous.

I think jealous or envious is the reason most people troll the Pats. I get it but not matter how it's looked at it's just immature banter, IMO best ignored

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver Fans have nothing to b ashamed of.
I was jealous of them for a long time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver Fans have nothing to b ashamed of.
I was jealous of them for a long time.

I am proud of the history of my team but obviously have to admit the Pats have a better one and have had a 20 year run that has never been seen before in the NFL. I doubt it is repeated any time soon if ever. I'm interested to see how young Pats fans handle this though. They haven't known anything but greatness. I was young when the Broncos won their first two Super Bowls. I thought that was just the norm. Made me appreciate the Super Bowl during the 2015 season all the more.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am proud of the history of my team but obviously have to admit the Pats have a better one and have had a 20 year run that has never been seen before in the NFL. I doubt it is repeated any time soon if ever. I'm interested to see how young Pats fans handle this though. They haven't known anything but greatness. I was young when the Broncos won their first two Super Bowls. I thought that was just the norm. Made me appreciate the Super Bowl during the 2015 season all the more.

Yeah, me too.
How long can BB, Skippy McD and the Krafts keep this gravy train rolling? Time will tell, and time will tell whether or not it was/is Bill's genius or Tom's drive to win.