• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Georges Niang Thread.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Niang.

He and Morris finished the Cyclones 2015-2016 season with 117 and 241 assists.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m back. It worked this time. Did you post this, @nuraman00 , before he signed?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m back. It worked this time. Did you post this, @nuraman00 , before he signed?

I actually didn't know Niang signed with Philadelphia. I see it now.

This almost belongs in the "The Jazz Are The Worst Team In Sports" thread. During the last few months of the season, I had liked how he played, and he seemed to he having a bigger role with the team, as the season progressed.

I created this thread because I didn't realize Niang was such a notable assist person, for the Cyclones. I thought that was cool for he and Monte Morris.

Plus, I had liked his assists with the Jazz.

So the Jazz had a two-way contract player, helped him developed, then they didn't retain him. Kind of disappointing, since it's hard to get those two-way contract type players to improve enough to be contributors. And once they do, you'd hope to keep them.

I put this more on ownership. They could have afforded him, since they had Bird rights.

But, maybe he just didn't want to come back. Or maybe he just liked the opportunity elsewhere better.

Also, thinking about it now, with Rudy Gay on the roster, maybe Niang just didn't see the opportunity on the Jazz, that was available elsewhere.

I guess if that was a major factor, then it wasn't anyone's fault. Niang probably rightfully thought he could get more than 16mpg on the team elsewhere.

Just a disappointing situation, since he was a fun player to follow.

Also, I made my post on July 31st. Free Agency didn't start until August 2nd, so yes, I made my post before free agency even started.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said "Congrats to Niang", I was congratulating him for being such a notable assist person with the Cyclones. Or such a notable member as part of a pair of assist teammates.