• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the frustration of Rg3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII Played Better but Still Not Good Enough

this what pisses his coach and us ... he fights the system and misses reed wide open twice

Nice rewrite....but it missed the mark. Reexamine both frames, in frame one notice that the QB is still on his first read dispite the author's insistence that Reed is open. Reed is not, but a QB goes through his progressions and at the moment Reed raised his arm mere steps off of the LOS there was no time to go away from his first read.
In the second frame Reed at the back of the endzone, the QB has already committed to the run, (notice how he's carrying the ball) plus there is question as to crossing the LOS.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he not seeing the field? Griffin needs to work his ass off during the offseason..no facebook, no Twitter and no Instagram. He better be watching and studying film and working on his fundamentals and footwork

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice rewrite....but it missed the mark. Reexamine both frames, in frame one notice that the QB is still on his first read dispite the author's insistence that Reed is open. Reed is not, but a QB goes through his progressions and at the moment Reed raised his arm mere steps off of the LOS there was no time to go away from his first read.
In the second frame Reed at the back of the endzone, the QB has already committed to the run, (notice how he's carrying the ball) plus there is question as to crossing the LOS.

You could be correct about the second frame - hard to tell for the first frame w/o seeing the actual video. Regardless - RG3 currently makes tons of mistakes in this area since he is not truly NFL ready at this time. As mentioned numerous times - give him the offseason to correct his flaws at least to the pt of proving that he is making significant progress. If the process is minimal then move on w/o him. This team cannot afford to invest another few years on this guy if the progress is not obvious by next Sept for multiple reasons.

I truly hope that RG3, Gruden & others work together to make this progress a reality.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i disagree , reed is open and Rg3 doesnt look like he is ready to throw it

the 2nd frame reed is again open

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - from what I hear - expect Mariota & others to have very similar issues early on in the NFL. Most of these QBs are used to only having to throw to their first read & quite often have receivers that are extremely wide open (that rarely happens in the NFL except when playing the Redskins defense).

It is a shame that some of these guys cannot be forced to sit on the bench for a while till they learn to be more fundamentally sound. The Jags swore that they were going to go this route but caved in pretty quickly.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question just how open Reid is on that fist clip, that looks like a Jay Cutler special top me had he tried to throw that pass. But on the second clip the guy running across the goal line was where the ball should have been thrown. But like at the end of the Vikes game had he thrown and missed everyone would have said he had a wide open field to run to.

But again let's not pretend this problem has gone away. On one sack they showed guys open. Again. So there are plenty of examples from that last game, just not sure that first one of Reid is the best one.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question just how open Reid is on that fist clip, that looks like a Jay Cutler special top me had he tried to throw that pass. But on the second clip the guy running across the goal line was where the ball should have been thrown. But like at the end of the Vikes game had he thrown and missed everyone would have said he had a wide open field to run to.

But again let's not pretend this problem has gone away. On one sack they showed guys open. Again. So there are plenty of examples from that last game, just not sure that first one of Reid is the best one.

Reed looks open on that seam route like Larry Donnel was open for 3 TDs vs us. Difference being Eli Manning saw the window was open and nailed it, RGIII sees the window is closed and runs around.

I see Reed on that play with his hand up and I think most NFL QBs should make that pass for a TD easily. RGIII sees something else there. God only knows what exactly.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed looks open on that seam route like Larry Donnel was open for 3 TDs vs us. Difference being Eli Manning saw the window was open and nailed it, RGIII sees the window is closed and runs around.

I see Reed on that play with his hand up and I think most NFL QBs should make that pass for a TD easily. RGIII sees something else there. God only knows what exactly.

There are two issues in that frame. First, reed is open. The closest defender is at the opposite hash mark. He is at least 5-7 yards away. The second issue is where rg3 is holding the ball. It is down by his waist. He has to wind up to throw the ball. This takes time and is poor mechanics.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are two issues in that frame. First, reed is open. The closest defender is at the opposite hash mark. He is at least 5-7 yards away. The second issue is where rg3 is holding the ball. It is down by his waist. He has to wind up to throw the ball. This takes time and is poor mechanics.

Sadly this sort of basic mechanics and field vision breakdowns are so much more common than we see in the handful of reviews on sites like this or Hail22.

Got myself a new avi to show how this all makes me feel!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, when Robert drops the ball to his waist level (bad mechanics) he also takes his eyes off of what is happening downfield. Find some tape of Wilson, ball is up, eyes are downfield.

I don't in any way think am a good evaluator of talent, I thought Griffin was a mistake to trade up for and I thought Wilson was too short to play in the NFL. :noidea: 1 out of 2 ain't bad huh? :lol:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frame 1- Reed is very open. The LB is dropping underneath and no safety over the top. A good pre-snap read and it is a TD.

Frame 2- Reed is open again. RG3 may have committed to the run but I think that is the point most are making. Other players scramble to throw...RG3 scrambles to run.

RG3 is an athlete...not a QB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of Griffin as a track guy. He came into the league with great straight ahead speed. He doesn't have moves where he feints players and leaves them. He has lost some speed, I assume due to injury. He also doesn't seem as willing to run so overall his is less dynamic.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how I see that picture differently than everyone else. I see a LB who is inside the hash and breaking towards Reed, who is also inside the other hash. While I agree he is open by NFL standards is he "in scoring range in the final seconds" open? I sure don't see that as "wide open" when taken in that context. A throw that is just off and he throws a pick at the end of the half. Like I said Jay Cutler like. Again he was open and yes Drew Brees hits Jimmy Grauam there but for most players that's a dangerous decision at that point in the game and at that part of the field. Just not the best example IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how I see that picture differently than everyone else. I see a LB who is inside the hash and breaking towards Reed, who is also inside the other hash. While I agree he is open by NFL standards is he "in scoring range in the final seconds" open? I sure don't see that as "wide open" when taken in that context. A throw that is just off and he throws a pick at the end of the half. Like I said Jay Cutler like. Again he was open and yes Drew Brees hits Jimmy Grauam there but for most players that's a dangerous decision at that point in the game and at that part of the field. Just not the best example IMO.

I to saw that linebacker.... and agree with you.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone will have different takes on this & can view things differently. However - there are numerous similar examples & many where it is way more obvious that RG3 has made poor decisions during the past few years. I don't think that anyone can argue that RG3 has significant flaws with his fundamentals. Up to him whether he can make significant progress to correct several of these during the offseason.