• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Five Most Overrated Classic Rock Artists

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Jimmy Buffett make an appearance on this thread, and while I can see how people get turned away by Margaritaville and CHeeseburger in Paradise, but the dude has some good songs(A Pirate Looks at 40, Son of a Son of a Sailor, Come Monday, etc)

I agree. I have the Boats, Bars, Beaches and Ballads Cd set. Pretty good stuff on the right days. Some of his less popular stuff is very good.

One of the funner concerts you'll ever attend as well.

I'm an old Parrot head from way back. Seen him live plenty of times.
The guy is a darn good story teller/songwriter/musician....and he used to put on some real good & fun shows.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this one...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is another thing...his story is fucking unreal.

Without a doubt.
And while were at it....let me just say NB4 someone posts some nonsense about other great story tellers/songwriters like John Prine & Tom Waits as being somehow overrated.

This thread has become borderline comical at this point.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt.
And while were at it....let me just say NB4 someone posts some nonsense about other great story tellers/songwriters like John Prine & Tom Waits as being somehow overrated.

This thread is borderline comical at this point.
Tom Waits and John Prine are both great songwriters.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my all time favorites, Jerry Jeff Walker picked up a hitchhiking Buffett and drove him to Key West, and that's when Jimmy made it big.
I've seen Jerry Jeff Walker in concert. I'm a big fan of his.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 'bout Manzerek? Wasn't he the band leader and writer of most of the music?
Ray Manzarek is one of my all-time favorite musicians. He was always so calm while Jim was all over the place. If he hadn't been in the group, I don't think they would have survived as long as they did. But Robby Krieger wrote both the words and music to most of their biggest hits

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Manzarek is one of my all-time favorite musicians. He was always so calm while Jim was all over the place. If he hadn't been in the group, I don't think they would have survived as long as they did. But Robby Krieger wrote both the words and music to most of their biggest hits
Yeah, Guns and Guitars said the same thing. I didn't know that. I just remember hearing that Manzerek could do the bass line and the keyboard parts himself and they didn't need a bass player. I thought that was interesting.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Guns and Guitars said the same thing. I didn't know that. I just remember hearing that Manzerek could do the bass line and the keyboard parts himself and they didn't need a bass player. I thought that was interesting.
sometimes Robbie would play bass lines and lead at the same time

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd has a cult-following, so you'd better not criticize them too loudly, or you'll get a bunch of "you suck! you need to listen to THIS Floyd album," etc.

I've listened to almost everything Pink Floyd ever recorded, and it's just not my cup of tea. Most of their tracks make me wanna slit my wrists
I like Dark Side Of The Moon: "The lunatics are on the grass....." They wrote some pretty cool lyrics and they are probably the only band I can think of that had two seminal albums; those being the aforementioned Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall. You never see that.