• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The fat lady's (Vogel)song

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Vogelsong out for a month or two, what are the options?

1. Chad Gaudin -- Pitching well in the BP right now, and probably would have been the short term fix, but now that it could be two months can the Giants trust him and at the same time, weaken their middle relief? Do fantasy owners bother with him given his track record for starting?

2. Chris Heston -- I haven't seen much on him, but Heston seems to be pitching pretty well, aside from his walks being a little too often this season (has half as many walks already this season, 19, in his first 50 innings, compared to his 150-some innings last year with 40 walks), but the K's are still there.

3. Mike Kickham -- I think a little less polished than Heston, with maybe more upside? Would like to see better control, but another lefty in a division with the D'Backs and Rockies heavy RHB lineups worries me as well.

I'm on the Heston wagon, but that means nothing. Also, his first two starts would be vs Col and @ StL! As an owner of Cain and Bumgarner, I can't wait until the Giants get away from this tough schedule the last few weeks.

Who's your pick... and is it fantasy relevant?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the S.F local media, I can tell you that they have Gaudin as the early frontrunner to take Vogelsong's spot. That is just the media though, as I have yet to hear Bochy speak about it yet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for that! Sorry Heston, that one's on me bud. I give you props and you shoot me down. Gave up a five run 1st inning tonight at home against the Red Hawks! Yeah, the team that can't make the Astros roster!