• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Fast Food Exit

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, the longer I’m out here in CA, the more fond I become of In-N-Out

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm partial to the Wendy's spicy chicken.

I usually go to either Taco Bell or Raising Cane's if I get fat food... Unless I'm traveling, then I'll stop at McDonald's for breakfast. McGriddle, ftw.

As far as "crazy" item... Sandwich with donuts as the bun

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work farm that I was sentenced to (a misunderstanding) would have 7-11 meatball subs day. They were pretty great, at least comparatively.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did US 7-11s have “serve it yourself” chili dogs ? ... what a glorious disaster that was during highschool here lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did US 7-11s have “serve it yourself” chili dogs ? ... what a glorious disaster that was during highschool here lol
I think so, I think there was a chili "pump" next to where you got the hot dogs. Besides a few drunken meatball subs or slices of pizza, I never ate at 711. I am sure it was and is top notch food.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so, I think there was a chili "pump" next to where you got the hot dogs. Besides a few drunken meatball subs or slices of pizza, I never ate at 711. I am sure it was and is top notch food.

I remember a ladle ... that i saw on the floor a couple times :noidea:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a ladle ... that i saw on the floor a couple times :noidea:
Oh, God... After hearing about what some guys in HS did to the Chinese buffet serving spoons, i couldn't do that.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jan15_0004.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
7-11 dogs when i went to high school - 3 for $0.89.
on a styrofoam tray wrapped in saran wrap. you put the whole mess into the microwave to get it heated up and all chemically (instead of mostly chemically), and then loaded the whole tray as high as possible with toppings from the nacho station.

where i went to school, we had just enough time to race to 7-11, load up the dogs and race back to school to only be about 5 minutes late for the next class. I pity the one dude who had a car, it was an awful mess to eat those.
probably did that 3x per week for a while.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I just completed a 3-week road trip across the country so we stopped at a couple fast food restaurants I've never had before:
  • Sonic - I can't tell you how long I've been watching their commercials and don't live close to a single one. It was pretty average. Not terrible, just nothing great either. I don't generally like the sit in your car thing either.
  • Freddy's Steakburgers - Oh baby, I had never even heard of this place until we stopped here somewhere in flyover country. The burgers were so good, you could get cheese curds instead of fries. It was money. The burger taste was both old school and unique at the same time. Big fan.
The chili cheese dogs at Sonic are really good.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name Sudden Service concerns me.

Sounds like either a teenager who ignores you and then suddenly whips too after you've waited a few minutes or worse... the description of how the food makes it's end journey after consumption.

Found this! :D

:suds:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't eat much chain fast food but in Canada I do love Harvey's every now and then. Five guys is damn good too.

As for the worst? I ate a Roy Rogers burger in DC as a kid in the 80s and the memory lives to this day. Disgusting. Maybe they were just having a bad day but I wasn't going back to find out.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I don't eat much chain fast food but in Canada I do love Harvey's every now and then. Five guys is damn good too.

As for the worst? I ate a Roy Rogers burger in DC as a kid in the 80s and the memory lives to this day. Disgusting. Maybe they were just having a bad day but I wasn't going back to find out.
They used to have a Harvey's in almost every Home Depot.
Again, love the customized toppings availability.
Wife and I used to hit Home Depot just for the burgers, and every single time over-estimate our appetites by upsizing to poutine.
Not sure where to find a Harvey's now.

worst - Jack in the Box.
I was one a business retreat in hawaii many many moons ago, and hit a Jack in the Box at 3am after a long night of ambitious drinking. It was the best fucking thing I had ever eaten
Couldn't wait to get back to the States to have that again.
The next time i tried it, it was mid-day and i was sober. holy grease-bomb, batman. Even worse than Burger King.

also worst - white castle.
I hate onions. so these little fuckers just don't work for me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy Rogers is one of those oddities that was once a larger chain and now only is in this area. Honestly not a place I'd get a burger from. They are known for fried chicken and roast beef. As a chain, they're pretty average. But the Gold Rush Chicken Sandwich - that's honestly one of the best fast food sandwiches I've had - fried chicken patty, cheese, bacon, and honey mustard that's way more honey than mustard.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They used to have a Harvey's in almost every Home Depot.
Again, love the customized toppings availability.
Wife and I used to hit Home Depot just for the burgers, and every single time over-estimate our appetites by upsizing to poutine.
Not sure where to find a Harvey's now.

worst - Jack in the Box.
I was one a business retreat in hawaii many many moons ago, and hit a Jack in the Box at 3am after a long night of ambitious drinking. It was the best fucking thing I had ever eaten
Couldn't wait to get back to the States to have that again.
The next time i tried it, it was mid-day and i was sober. holy grease-bomb, batman. Even worse than Burger King.

also worst - white castle.
I hate onions. so these little fuckers just don't work for me.
Harvey's was fantastic back in the day. Like Swiss Chalet though, once Cara corporatized the shit out of them it went downhill fast.

Also, they closed the Hooker Harvey's on Church St. in Toronto. That prostitution hotspot was so fucking iconic Google Maps used to label it Hooker Harvey's lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harveys ... ooof lol i wonder why they shut down all their spots in bc ... actually no ... no i dont lol

Cara/recipes unlimited crashes and burns with every attempt to open one of their eateries in bc. (Their presence in bc defines the title of this thread lmao) Milestones was great way back in the day until cara got their hands on it. Good luck Keg :( . I see that sole Swiss Chalet on Lougheed near Boundary and think ... who goes there??? Hells Angels cleaning their money there as franchisees ?

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harveys ... ooof lol i wonder why they shut down all their spots in bc ... actually no ... no i dont lol

Cara/recipes unlimited crashes and burns with every attempt to open one of their eateries in bc. (Their presence in bc defines the title of this thread lmao) Milestones was great way back in the day until cara got their hands on it. Good luck Keg :( . I see that sole Swiss Chalet on Lougheed near Boundary and think ... who goes there??? Hells Angels cleaning their money there as franchisees ?

Haven't been to a milestones since my second year of university.

Reastraunts here are JAM ( i know the Chef but still good eats), Top Dog pizza ( local pizza shop near me) and El Covo ( Amazing Italian food)