• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The end?

The2000cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is this the end for the cgbg line? What do you guys think? If so which one or ones won't make the team?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could very well be, which is unfortunate because I think all 3 contribute positively and were often times the lone bright spot last season. But there are just so many players competeing for those spots it's going to be tough for all 3 to make it. I see Carter being an odd man out and potentially Gio. Bernier should be a lock.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive loved the line since the playoffs two years ago but yeah I think its over too. I want Brunner on this team so if it means he gets a spot over Gio or Carter I guess I'll be ok with it.

Something to be said about chemistry though. 3 average players made up a very productive line.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thinking Bernier gets an increased role on the team, Carter remains 4th line/healthy scratch, and Gionta gets waived and probably claimed.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really would like to keep them its a shame too because lou shouldn't have brought back zubrus for what he gives the 3 of these guys have far more value

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ryder clowe zajac elias jagr henrique jj ted ozlez gionta berneier carter

while the 12 of them wont light it up they are a legit 4 lines

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But it would look a lot better with:
ryder clowe zajac elias jagr henrique jj ted olesz brunner loktionov bernier

Barch - Puncher
Carter - Old man insurance

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really dont want to see anymore goons on this team these guys play 15 games a year and are worthless they really are. they aren't needed in todays game.

i'm fine keeping fighting in but i'd rather see the "skilled" players fight you know its raw and out of emotion watching barch fight boulton? how is that even exciting? they are out there so little they aren't mixing it up by anything that has happened in the game.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its not our decision. DeBoer and Lou always carry fighers so you just have to deal with it.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Is this the end for the cgbg line? What do you guys think? If so which one or ones won't make the team?

Bernier definitely the most likely to stay. In fact, I think he's got quite a buffer compared to some other guys.

Elias
Jagr
Zajac

Clowe
Henrique
Ryder

Zubrus
JJ
Loki

Bernier
Tedenby
Olesz/Brunner/Gionta/Carter

Do we really want/need Carter/Gionta over Tedenby/Olesz/Brunner? I don't really think so. Sucks because these guys were absolute heroes of the cup run.

The thing is for guys like carter, the Devils don't really need him as a PK guy because Zajac, Henrique, Zubrus and JJ (Who was tied for the most PK time / game last season) have that covered pretty well.

I will note that DeBoer when questioned seemed to indicate that Gionta was pretty much a lock to make the team, so who knows? Coach might like the idea of keeping them together. That creates one hell of a battle between JJ/Loki/Teds/Brunner/Olesz. At most you have spots for 3 of them including the extra forward.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the thing I would give to Gio (I'm guessing here) is he's the cliche "energy" guy. If five foot nothing Gio is out there flying, hitting everything in sight, getting to the front of the net etc. it should send a message to the rest of the team. I remember during the cup run there were a handful of games where the team/crowd was flat, Gio would throw his tiny frame into a guy, the place would erupt and the team would respond. If he's a good locker room/attitude guy as well I can understand keeping him over somebody like Teds or JJ that might not bring the same intangibles to the table.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A terrible situation cause I, like many, am/was a big fan of the line. That line brought us to the Stanley Cup Finals... really didn't do anything to lose their roster spots considering we knew what their limits were however due to their own work ethic, effort, play and experience together, they were our best line for many nights as much as the opposing teams worse line to face...

But obviously, IF there is better talent, then we got to do what we got to do....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Give me bernier and his salary over zubrus any day of the freaking week you guys are nuts!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both guys. Unfortunately it would mean a winger moving to center but I would love to see a Clowe-Zubrus-Bernier line. The Poni-Zubrus-Bernier line was great for us 2 years ago before they broke it up. They'd be slow but if they got into the other team's zone they would be a handful for the D.