• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The difference between the "bandwagon fan" and the "player fan"

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a bandwagon fan as I have followed, and loyally supported, the Chargers, Padres and Trojans for over 40 years. I do at times have a fondness for teams--like the Spurs--who show true teamwork and sportsmanship, or overcome the underdog status and become over achievers. As a teacher, I find a lot of my students tend to switch their team loyalties based on wins and loses.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the dialog so nice job Gordon. I enjoyed everyones comments.

Being from Boston, sports and our teams are deeply ingrained in our every day culture and routines. I especially like the Celtics because of the pride in making defense our mantra. Thats why KG was easy to adopt.

And yes, I am a fan of certain stars who emulate a certain behavior. Thats why I loved Magic, despite him being the enemy. He was classy even when he whipped us.

The Lebron thing is a two edge sword. Peoples dislike for LBJ fans is distinct, and its because he was a very vain man. I think he has matured out of it, but he will always be labeled what is wrong about NBA star making today. Why Duncan is not a more favorite player is a example of the opposite.

If your feeling defensive about being an LBJ fan, thats probably why some will ridicule you.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from San Antonio Texas, so the Spurs is a no brainer. Being so close to Austin also made me a big UT fan, even during the mackovic era. My family has always been die hard cowboy fans, and San Antonio is a huge Cowboys city so that works. If you cheer for a team not in your area of the country, i honestly consider you a bandwagon fan, since you picked them for some bandwagon reason. I also honestly dont' take those fans too seriously. Bash me all you want, but that's just how i feel.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a bandwagon fan as I have followed, and loyally supported, the Chargers, Padres and Trojans for over 40 years. I do at times have a fondness for teams--like the Spurs--who show true teamwork and sportsmanship, or overcome the underdog status and become over achievers. As a teacher, I find a lot of my students tend to switch their team loyalties based on wins and loses.

So do Cavs and Heat fans.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from San Antonio Texas, so the Spurs is a no brainer. Being so close to Austin also made me a big UT fan, even during the mackovic era. My family has always been die hard cowboy fans, and San Antonio is a huge Cowboys city so that works. If you cheer for a team not in your area of the country, i honestly consider you a bandwagon fan, since you picked them for some bandwagon reason. I also honestly dont' take those fans too seriously. Bash me all you want, but that's just how i feel.

No one will ever question this fan's loyalty.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we know you are a bandwagon fan. There are more on the way. Just saying.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I root for the area on the jersey, not the players on the team. When they leave I wish them well but couldn't care less how their teams do. I grew up in the bay area and will never drop my Warriors, but I adopted the Seahawks and the M's when I moved up here around 15 years ago.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its OK to like players and root for their team to win, but you become a bandwagon fan if you trash other people teams, acting like your a fan of the team your favorite player plays on. One my friends is a Lebron fan and explain to me that he's a player fan and not a Heat fan, so any time he trys to trash the Bulls, I remind him that his team is no where to be found. For me I'm a fan of many players but I know my team are the Bears and Bulls. Peyton Manning is my favorite player and I cheer for the Broncos to win every game (except the Bears) but I don't trash teams the Broncos beat because I know Bears didn't do that and they didn't even make the playoffs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its OK to like players and root for their team to win, but you become a bandwagon fan if you trash other people teams, acting like your a fan of the team your favorite player plays on. One my friends is a Lebron fan and explain to me that he's a player fan and not a Heat fan, so any time he trys to trash the Bulls, I remind him that his team is no where to be found. For me I'm a fan of many players but I know my team are the Bears and Bulls. Peyton Manning is my favorite player and I cheer for the Broncos to win every game (except the Bears) but I don't trash teams the Broncos beat because I know Bears didn't do that and they didn't even make the playoffs.

I agree. If you're a player fan you have to be careful to remember that there is a difference between you and the fans who have followed the team you currently follow for years.

They get a lot more leeway when it comes to criticizing team decisions, trash talking other teams, etc.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bandwagon is pointless childish term for stupid people. I can root for what ever,who ever I want for what ever reason I feel like. All I need is a tv clicker and some free time and at least some understanding of the sport I'm watching. Sports is an entertainment business and they all work for the same company.

Its not a gang war and I don't need to prove ive been long time fan or watch a stupid losing team for years to prove anything to anyone.

I like all teams and all players because I like sports in general anyway. And I like helmet and sports uniform histories and collectables too. Being a fan of only one team like its a cult religion would make those things very boring

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to tell ya Ram Jackson but you just made someone's list.

Maybe getting drunk tonight will help ya get over the agony.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder about whether some of the "player fans" are really fans of the sport.

I use the example of Tiger Woods. Known fact that if Tiger isn't playing or in contention, even if it is a major, many people won't watch. So, while they can call themselves Tiger fans, can they really call themselves golf fans?

I may be a Spurs fan but I still watched the Finals when the Bulls went during the 90s, Lakers-Celtics during the 80s, etc. I may not have been pulling for one team or another but I watched because I am a basketball fan.

Texans won't be in a Super Bowl any time soon but I'll for sure listen to it at work or, if I ever get a Super Bowl Sunday off again, watch it at home.

Doesn't have to be my favorite team or player in the game for me to watch because I am a fan of the sport. I'm not going to necessarily pick a team and cheer for them but I will watch for the love of the game.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Laker fans

laker-hater-meme-generator-how-can-i-hate-on-the-lakers-today-1eb529.jpg