• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Devin Booker hype thread

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good game tonight until the last 4 min

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a good game, but the Lakers took the game from them and now it's going to get tough because the word is getting out that the Lakers won't be an easy game

Booker is a monster, but Laker fans should be excitied. Walton has this team playing well, despite limited contributions from their most talented player (Ingram).

I just hope for the sake of the franchise he does not put winning today ahead of development. I have noticed Russell and Ingram's minute totals have been pretty low. IMO, Russell should be playing minutes in the mid 30s and Ingram should be in the mid to high 20s.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker is a monster, but Laker fans should be excitied. Walton has this team playing well, despite limited contributions from their most talented player (Ingram).

I just hope for the sake of the franchise he does not put winning today ahead of development. I have noticed Russell and Ingram's minute totals have been pretty low. IMO, Russell should be playing minutes in the mid 30s and Ingram should be in the mid to high 20s.

Thanks coach!

Why risk a player getting injured when the team has the lead, and not only that, they have enough talented players for guys like Russell, Randle and Ingram to get enough rest?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks coach!

Why risk a player getting injured when the team has the lead, and not only that, they have enough talented players for guys like Russell, Randle and Ingram to get enough rest?

It is not about rest. THese guys are 20 years old. THey don't need rest.

Russell is averaging 27 minutes and Ingram only 19.

CLarkson and young are both averaging 27 minutes. LOu Williams and Deng are 23 and 24.

The future of the franchise depends on the young studs. PLayers need court time to develop. Deng might get you a few wins today, burn his minutes should not come at Ingram's expense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CLarkson and young are both averaging 27 minutes. LOu Williams and Deng are 23 and 24.

The future of the franchise depends on the young studs. PLayers need court time to develop. Deng might get you a few wins today, burn his minutes should not come at Ingram's expense.

It's about injury prevention with 75 games left to go in the season.

Again, when the Lakers (currently) have the best bench in the league, and one of the most diverse rotations, why risk it? Why give Ingram 30-ish minutes so early in the season when he's never played so much in his life?

Their chemistry is already fantastic. Luke is doing the right thing.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Russell leads the team in scoring and assists. How does playing him less minutes indicate Luke is trying to win now rather than develop players?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell leads the team in scoring and assists. How does playing him less minutes indicate Luke is trying to win now rather than develop players?

Good question. My guess is that it has something to do with defense.

My point though, how many franchise players do you know of logging less than 28 minutes? Laker fans want Russell to be the next Lillard. Go check how many minutes Lillard averaged in years 2 and 3.

I guarantee the minute totals are not about injury prevention. Young players (especially guards) can handle heavy workloads and they need time to get better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why isn't he playing more than Young and Clarkson if he leads the team in scoring and assists?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why isn't he playing more than Young and Clarkson if he leads the team in scoring and assists?
Your guess is as good as mine. I just thought your initial observation was a bit odd.

With Russell, it could be defense, it could be that although he's been productive, he hasn't shot particularly well. Maybe Walton wants him to earn more minutes? No idea how Luke actually coaches young players yet.

In Ingram 's case, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't quite have an NBA body yet. Maybe Walton is easing him into minutes slowly, and giving him time to adjust to the rigors?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Luke tends to get too set on his rotations at times. He has faith in our bench rotations(which is good), and he trusts them to play at critical points in the game

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guess is as good as mine. I just thought your initial observation was a bit odd.

With Russell, it could be defense, it could be that although he's been productive, he hasn't shot particularly well. Maybe Walton wants him to earn more minutes? No idea how Luke actually coaches young players yet.

In Ingram 's case, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't quite have an NBA body yet. Maybe Walton is easing him into minutes slowly, and giving him time to adjust to the rigors?
He has limited opportunities because everyone is playing so well. He plays the point forward role well, and he's in the lineups that close games for us, but the whole team(even Nick freakin young) are playing such team ball to where we never get in a situation to where we NEED Ingram to carry the load

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has limited opportunities because everyone is playing so well. He plays the point forward role well, and he's in the lineups that close games for us, but the whole team(even Nick freakin young) are playing such team ball to where we never get in a situation to where we NEED Ingram to carry the load
Regardless of what it is, living out here in Cali I get the sense that Luke is under ZERO pressure to win now, and I doubt that he'd do anything to slow the development of his future with the organization .

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of what it is, living out here in Cali I get the sense that Luke is under ZERO pressure to win now, and I doubt that he'd do anything to slow the development of his future with the organization .
Oh you're right on both....but to make an example, it's not like last year when Byron Scott was being stubborn with Russ. Luke is giving him minutes, but the team as a whole is playing so well within the system to where Ingram may not have a chance to take a bunch of shots every game

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is like a Jason Kidd style player. Not on the passing level but just his cadence and the way he moves. Has a swish like Reggie Miller.

I was thinking Reggie too.