• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE DAYTONA 500

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone remember when a teary eyed Denny Hamlin interviewed with Marty Smith after his wreck with Joey Logano that hurt his back, and he was saying he was so upset that Joey Logano took his safety for granted?

Now Douchebag Denny celebrates while one of his competitors is being rushed to the hospital with no news thanks in large part to his actions.

He was also the same asshole who celebrated when Matt Kenseth t-boned Joey Logano at Martinsville over the Kansas race weeks prior.

Ironically, it was Hamlin after Kansas who was crying about Logano dumping Kenseth and whining about unwritten rules...or something.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will say that if Newman is able to race, he might want to start and park the restrictor plate tracks.

I swear he either goes airborne or gets landed on more than any other driver I remember

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't watch NASCAR so I'm not an expert.
I know, which is why I explained the situation so you wouldn’t have the wrong idea that Ryan Blaney tried to kill Ryan Newman.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction. Word doesn't spread instantly to everyone in the pits the moment something happens. In moments like, the TV viewer can actually get info quicker than it spreads into the pits. You also have to factor the 11 team just won the race. Like everyone else's reaction, they saw the wreck and said "oh, that's a big wreck." and then turned their attention to who won. Since they're directly invested in who wins (unlike fans), the natural reaction is to celebrate winning the biggest race of the year. In the moments they were celebrating, everyone else realized that the situation had gone from "that was big wreck" to "oh shit, he could likely be dead". Once the 11 team became aware like everyone else, they got somber just like everyone else. They did nothing wrong and its foolish to place blame. Hell, Michael Waltrip was celebrating his 500 win when his boss was killed right behind him. No one shit on him for that. And then like it was now, once word got around, the mood changed.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman's car was like 100 yards away. Denny took Newman's safety for granted, which is what he was crying about just a few years ago. When Michael Waltrip won, Dale Sr's car was still all the way back in turns 3/4, and the wreck didn't look near as serious(it turned out to be far more serious, but didn't look more serious)

I've never respected Denny Hamlin and I never will.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman is probably done for this season but Idk if I could ever get back in a Car again if I was him.
He started the same season as Jimmie Johnson, and Jimmie is hanging em up. Not my call, but he may be wise to do the same

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the fact that Newman is alive is a testament to the safety advances in the cars.

I’m 28 and there was a time in my memory when that would have undoubtedly fatal

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, remember Austin Dillon’s wreck at Daytona when Dale Jr won the race?

Dale Jr’s pit crew beat the safety crew to Dillon’s car. Hamlin’s crew was dropping f bombs on live tv about 100 yards from Newman’s car.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I will say that if Newman is able to race, he might want to start and park the restrictor plate tracks.

I swear he either goes airborne or gets landed on more than any other driver I remember

Rusty Wallace had quite a bit. The running joke was that he got a point a second for air time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newman's car was like 100 yards away. Denny took Newman's safety for granted, which is what he was crying about just a few years ago. When Michael Waltrip won, Dale Sr's car was still all the way back in turns 3/4, and the wreck didn't look near as serious(it turned out to be far more serious, but didn't look more serious)

I've never respected Denny Hamlin and I never will.

You're being very childish. Your bias against Hamlin is predetermining your reaction to what happened. Things are happening differently in the moment when you're in it than it does for an outsider (someone watching from home or in the stands) who has a different perspective. There was no malice or callousness here and its foolish to think so.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being very childish. Your bias against Hamlin is predetermining your reaction to what happened. Things are happening differently in the moment when you're in it than it does for an outsider (someone watching from home or in the stands) who has a different perspective. There was no malice or callousness here and its foolish to think so.

There was and it's foolish to think there wasn't.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Austin Dillon’s wreck at Daytona, the first words out of Dale Jr’s mouth was asking if everyone was ok and Jr’s crew beat the safety crew to Dillon’s car. Hamlin didn’t bother to ask and his crew was more focused on dropping f bombs on live tv than Newman who was in a car upside down with a flame and gas leaking out.

And I never was a Dale Jr fan either

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wreck last night was the most scared I’ve been for a driver’s well being since the Busch series wreck that left Steve Park with brain damage.

Dillon’s wreck was scary, but thanks to Dale Jr’s crew we knew he was ok very fast

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest update:
EREqSqjWsAAO3CB