• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Daily Thread Lives!

Yambag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the latest on Price?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some site had me thinking Angels got him this morning :L

I saw a photo of Price and the tagline "Angels make major move to counter A's" and was floored. Then I read that they were talking about the Street pickup and the picture of Price was unrelated.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some site had me thinking Angels got him this morning :L

I saw a photo of Price and the tagline "Angels make major move to counter A's" and was floored. Then I read that they were talking about the Street pickup and the picture of Price was unrelated.

That would ruin my day. Needless to say, the Rays won't trade within the division, right?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would ruin my day. Needless to say, the Rays won't trade within the division, right?

Too bad the Padres just missed their first no-no yesterday. I thought he was going to pull it off..

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to limit yourself for no reason, especially if the biggest bidders will be in your division when Price hits FA. Trading in the division usually gets teh best return, anways.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Padres just missed their first no-no yesterday. I thought he was going to pull it off..

Going into the 7th, we knew his pitch count was going to be very high if he did it then he really started laboring. Between him, Cashner, Ross and a couple of the Tommy John guys we have coming back, I'm willing to bet that the Padres get a no-hitter before the end of next year.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the 7th, we knew his pitch count was going to be very high if he did it then he really started laboring. Between him, Cashner, Ross and a couple of the Tommy John guys we have coming back, I'm willing to bet that the Padres get a no-hitter before the end of next year.

I have Cashner in a couple leagues. Nasty stuff when healthy.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to limit yourself for no reason, especially if the biggest bidders will be in your division when Price hits FA. Trading in the division usually gets teh best return, anways.

In the AL East, I hate (in order) the Rays, Yankees and Red Sox. I really want the Rays to keep winning, blow it at the deadline and hold on to Price, then fold quickly after that.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres beat writer just tweeted this.

Last edited by a moderator:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell???????

No bewbies or asscakes???

This is an outrage!

Yambag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olney's confirming that the Rays are in a quandry.

The Rays keep complicating an already-wrenching decision -- by winning. Their sweep of the Minnesota Twins this past weekend cut their deficit in the AL East to 7 1/2 games and in the wild-card race to six games, gaps they've overcome in past seasons.

They have 10 more days until the July 31 trade deadline. Ten more days to mull over the trade options of their franchise pitcher, David Price. Ten more days to decide whether to buy, sell or both. Ten more days for other teams to try to make the same aggressive play that Oakland did when it swapped star prospect Addison Russell, among others, for Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel.

The Rays will factor many things into their decision as to whether to trade Price, from their place in the standings to how well they're playing to their need for prospects to Price's trade value, which gradually slides downward as he nears free agency. But one executive involved in the conversations with Tampa Bay believes that ultimately, it's the potential buyers who will clarify the choice for the Rays, with the qualities of their offers. "It all comes down to which team decides to be aggressive, the Dodgers, Cardinals or Mariners," said the rival official. "Maybe none of them will be."

Other teams are monitoring Price's situation, but some rival officials view the Dodgers, Cardinals and Mariners as the teams best positioned to make a deal, and there are lots of pros and cons for each of those three teams as they assess the possibilities.

For the Dodgers, here are the pros: Adding Price would increase the club's chances of winning the World Series, which is the working order from the top down.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packerz, I was wondering if you or moxie ever heard from Brock?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Msg to Seattle's Fernando Rodney.

Dude you like, looked sooooo super cool with your gangsta lean flat brim and shooting your make believe arrows.

However, you didn't look cool blowing a save vs the Angels.

So Mariner of you.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Msg to Seattle's Fernando Rodney.

Dude you like, looked sooooo super cool with your gangsta lean flat brim and shooting your make believe arrows.

However, you didn't look cool blowing a save vs the Angels.

So Mariner of you.

I wish MLB would do something about the caps turned diagonally and also Hunter Pence's shorts.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I've had too much coffee. I just wrote a short novel about Pete Rose. It had to be done...

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish MLB would do something about the caps turned diagonally and also Hunter Pence's shorts.

A lot of Seattle players do it. Even Felix. He should know to be above that .

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I've had too much coffee. I just wrote a short novel about Pete Rose. It had to be done...

Something tells me this Lazer character is not new to these parts.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packerz, how you been, man?

pretty good brother. Was on vacation for a while then getting hammered at work since my return (no pun intended) so haven't had as much time to post as usual

packerz, I was wondering if you or moxie ever heard from Brock?

I haven't seen hide nor hair from him in about a month or so. Hope he is okay.