• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The COWBOYS Multiple Problems

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears there is no doubt that McCarthy will be the HC next season. Jerry will never learn

jerrah GIF by SB Nation

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down by 4, 12 minutes left in the game and you fake punt from your own 24 yard line.

You can condemn the man on that 1 play alone.
I agree. Mac is a huge disappointment so far. That non challenge in the last game was one of a number of dumb things during the season that you don't expect from a veteran head coach.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but...
Dallas has only had two good head coaches throughout their existence. Woulda been three but Jerry fucked that up, just couldn't let Big Bill steal the thunder and "Restore The Luster To The Star"

The biggest problem remains all that is Jerry Jones. The SOB was on the radio today for his the end of season radio spot and spent 10 minutes talking about AT&T Stadium setting the world record for 2020 attendance.

I would never say a good thing about Jerry, but he is consistent.

I'd still shit can Fat Mikey.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down by 4, 12 minutes left in the game and you fake punt from your own 24 yard line.

You can condemn the man on that 1 play alone.
and unfortunately there were many others too

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd still shit can Fat Mikey.
after this season....you and 250,000 other cowboy fans

problem remains, jerry hires the next coach and unless it's a college coach looking for an opportunity at the pro level. The next will most certainly suck monkey balls as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree. Parcels was past his prime when coaching cowboys IMO. THE COWBOYS were Ny Jet central while he was here. I will give him credit for Dware and Romo, but would not consider him as great for the Cowboys.

That's cool. All I know is 3 consecutive 5-11 teams became a playoff team in year one. Players feared the guy like they did with Jimmy. The problem with Jerry is players don't fear him, he's easy....which far and away the reason this team has won 3 playoff games in 25 years

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to disagree. Parcels was past his prime when coaching cowboys IMO. THE COWBOYS were Ny Jet central while he was here. I will give him credit for Dware and Romo, but would not consider him as great for the Cowboys.
I thought Parcells was good.. Parcells just did not tolerate primadonna players. He cut Antonio Bryant and did not seem to want TO . He was good enough to get to playoffs with Quincy Carter.which most coaches would not have done. Carter sucked..

Parcells best move was obviously drafting Witten and of course he had a ton of influence on Romo. That said he botched 2 drafts. My remote got destroyed when he passed on steven Jackson and traded down. Then two years later another remote was broken into pieces when he drafted Barbie.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

problem remains, jerry hires the next coach and unless it's a college coach looking for an opportunity at the pro level. The next will most certainly suck monkey balls as well.
I think his son is almost as senile. That DC should have been gone already. McCarthy I though improved as the season evolved,but he has to get better. Yeah if he challenged that play maybe it does not get reversed, but there was certainly reason to believe it may have been reversed. You just have to challenge that. I think McCarthy was OK and if Dak had played the Cowboys likely would have won 2-3 more games and won the division. It sucks to lose to Giants,but it was for the best.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...

Hard to argue.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Parcells was good.. Parcells just did not tolerate primadonna players. He cut Antonio Bryant and did not seem to want TO . He was good enough to get to playoffs with Quincy Carter.which most coaches would not have done. Carter sucked..

Parcells best move was obviously drafting Witten and of course he had a ton of influence on Romo. That said he botched 2 drafts. My remote got destroyed when he passed on steven Jackson and traded down. Then two years later another remote was broken into pieces when he drafted Barbie.
I will never forget "Mr shop for the grocery". Barbie Carpenter, Marcus Spears right after he drafted Dware a few picks later. And the stupefying passing on Steven Jackson.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has already been franchised once, so in March we'll see if he gets another franchise tag for 37 million. My guess is he'll be looking for even greener pastures.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never forget "Mr shop for the grocery". Barbie Carpenter, Marcus Spears right after he drafted Dware a few picks later. And the stupefying passing on Steven Jackson.
Spears was nothing special for a 1st rounder. Parcells also wanted to draft Spears with that 1st first round pick and get Ware with the later pick. Somebody said no and they drafted Ware. Ware would have been long gone if Parcells had got his way. I do give Parcells credit for knowing a good TE when he saw one thoug.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has to be the priority if not then they better have a plan we not winning shit with Dalton

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spears was nothing special for a 1st rounder. Parcells also wanted to draft Spears with that 1st first round pick and get Ware with the later pick. Somebody said no and they drafted Ware. Ware would have been long gone if Parcells had got his way. I do give Parcells credit for knowing a good TE when he saw one thoug.
Parcells was never a good "talent guy". His player evaluations were always average at best. Even the ability to find the players for his system (what he was supposedly known for) wasn't that great. It was all about George Young at the Giants getting the talent for those SB teams and Parcells was no better here from a drafting/talent acquisition aspect. BUT...One of the greatest coaches this league has ever seen IMO. No one has ever gotten more out of his players. He brought respectability and accountability to this team and what did Jerry do? Threw it all out the window and went back to Camp Cupcake...When you do things like that you deserve to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody here thinks, by signing Dak Prescott to a 4 year deal (at 40 mil a year), that all our problems are over..........They are delusional.
The COWBOYS with Dak, were in :
2016......13 and 3
2017.......9 and 7
2018.....10 and 6
2019......8 and 8
2020.......1 and 3 (in complete played games...... and should have been 0 and 4)

The COWBOY'S Oline (outside of Zack) is in shambles.
The Dline, is at best, poor..
Linebackers, are at best, mediocre.

and then there's
It's the 4th quarter ...12:21 left in a game............COWBOYS are only losing by JUST 4 points.
the COWBOYS have 4th Down and 10 yards to go...ON THEIR OWN 24 YARD LINE........and they try a fake punt and run a reverse?????????????????????????............I actually wondered if Mike didn't realize, it wasn't an exhibition game,:pound:

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parcells was never a good "talent guy". His player evaluations were always average at best. Even the ability to find the players for his system (what he was supposedly known for) wasn't that great. It was all about George Young at the Giants getting the talent for those SB teams and Parcells was no better here from a drafting/talent acquisition aspect. BUT...One of the greatest coaches this league has ever seen IMO. No one has ever gotten more out of his players. He brought respectability and accountability to this team and what did Jerry do? Threw it all out the window and went back to Camp Cupcake...When you do things like that you deserve to be stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.
I agree. He did bring accountability back to Dallas. I was just super disappointed in his tenure here. I had high hopes for a Superbowl.