• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Cowboys have not won without Romo this season.....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until tonight. At least the Redskins are good for something

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfathomable that in a weak division where no one plays anything approaching solid defense, New York has 22 takeaways, Philadelphia 21 and Washington 17. The Cowboys have seven.

Half the league (16 teams) has forced more than 10 fumbles. The Cowboys have forced one.

If the Cowboys were just average in turnovers this year, they probably have at least 5 wins. Not only have we been unlucky with injuries, but we have gotten no gifts in the turnover department and when we do, players don't even recover the fumble or catch the interception. Just maybe Washington gives us some gifts tonight and we capitalize, but based on our season so far, why should I expect anything different? It's not even just losing Romo that has hurt this season, it's not having even average luck in forcing turnovers. I mean one forced fumble in 11 games? Is that a fucking joke?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfathomable that in a weak division where no one plays anything approaching solid defense, New York has 22 takeaways, Philadelphia 21 and Washington 17. The Cowboys have seven.

Half the league (16 teams) has forced more than 10 fumbles. The Cowboys have forced one.

If the Cowboys were just average in turnovers this year, they probably have at least 5 wins. Not only have we been unlucky with injuries, but we have gotten no gifts in the turnover department and when we do, players don't even recover the fumble or catch the interception. Just maybe Washington gives us some gifts tonight and we capitalize, but based on our season so far, why should I expect anything different? It's not even just losing Romo that has hurt this season, it's not having even average luck in forcing turnovers. I mean one forced fumble in 11 games? Is that a fucking joke?
Turnovers are caused by pass rush without blitzing, great coverage guys and really big hitters. We don't have a lot of any of that. We've got a few good young pieces, but we need a couple of more good drafts to be really good personnel wise, IMO. If you start comparing our defensive talent man for man against a Seattle or Carolina, it's ugly. Lee might start for either team, though not in the middle. I guess Hardy would start. Jones might see the field in a year or two. Other than that, who would play for either of those D's?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers are caused by pass rush without blitzing, great coverage guys and really big hitters. We don't have a lot of any of that. We've got a few good young pieces, but we need a couple of more good drafts to be really good personnel wise, IMO. If you start comparing our defensive talent man for man against a Seattle or Carolina, it's ugly. Lee might start for either team, though not in the middle. I guess Hardy would start. Jones might see the field in a year or two. Other than that, who would play for either of those D's?
Talent has nothing to do with it. The team is dead last in football in turnovers. You mean to tell me the Jags, Titans, Browns etc have more talent? Yet they double the Cowboys in turnovers forced. This team has been unlucky on a historical level with turnovers. The 49ers practically lost all their key defensive players last offseason, yet still have more turnovers than we do. The Saints have the worst defense in the NFL, yet they have forced 10 more turnovers than us. The Giants defense is 31st, yet they have more than tripled our turnovers forced. If this team even forced half of the amount of turnovers the Giants have forced, they are probably leading the division right now despite not having Romo for 7 games. Our luck with turnovers this year has been actually worse than our injury luck. This is why we didn't win a game without Romo. People think we are just bad. No, we are just unlucky. Even in the Seattle game, when we actually force a turnover, Greg Hardy can't even return it to the endzone for a TD because Wilson shoelace tackled him. That is our luck this year in a nutshell. If this is a game of inches, we've lost almost all of our games by an inch.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent has nothing to do with it. The team is dead last in football in turnovers. You mean to tell me the Jags, Titans, Browns etc have more talent? Yet they double the Cowboys in turnovers forced. This team has been unlucky on a historical level with turnovers. The 49ers practically lost all their key defensive players last offseason, yet still have more turnovers than we do. The Saints have the worst defense in the NFL, yet they have forced 10 more turnovers than us.
Completely disagree with you there. Talent has everything to do with it. If you put just one player, Richard Sherman, on this defense, you'd get more turnovers, because you'd either have to throw to your #1 receiver covered by Sherman or the #2 receiver who can now 've straight double teamed. Put a Clay Matthews or JJ Watt out there, and the QB has to rush more throws. Rod plays it conservative because it's the hand he's dealt

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely disagree with you there. Talent has everything to do with it. If you put just one player, Richard Sherman, on this defense, you'd get more turnovers, because you'd either have to throw to your #1 receiver covered by Sherman or the #2 receiver who can now 've straight double teamed. Put a Clay Matthews or JJ Watt out there, and the QB has to rush more throws. Rod plays it conservative because it's the hand he's dealt
Talent has nothing to do with our turnover luck this year. We have talent. Have more talent on defense than many teams in the NFL, yet we have 7 turnovers to show for it. Yet worse defenses like the Saints and Giants double and triple our turnovers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent has nothing to do with our turnover luck this year. We have talent. Have more talent on defense than many teams in the NFL, yet we have 7 turnovers to show for it. Yet worse defenses like the Saints and Giants double and triple our turnovers.
Yeah, but that is because of their aggressive schemes. The Saints had blitz happy Rob Ryan at DC, so they forced some turnovers, but they also got burnt for more big plays than Dallas does and they get shelled every week

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys blitzing tonight and still haven't forced a turnover yet they have one themselves. This team can't buy turnovers and it's annoying as fuck. So many almost sacks, so many almost turnovers, so much blown coverage on 3rd and long.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another turnover by us. I'm sick of this.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following Cowboys can get cut tomorrow and my feelings wouldn't be hurt: Jj Wilcox, Morris Claiborne, coach merineli, Matt Cassel sorry ass.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a great time to force a turnover, but we all know that's not happening.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late to the party tonight - but from what I've seen the defense is everywhere.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally on 3rd and 1, they get a 1st. this team has been terrible on 3rd and short. 4 for 17

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The forward pass was invented a long time ago but you would think the Cowboys weren't aware of that.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following Cowboys can get cut tomorrow and my feelings wouldn't be hurt: Jj Wilcox, Morris Claiborne, coach merineli, Matt Cassel sorry ass.
I'm sure many of them will after this sorry season ends.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY SHIT DALLAS BALL

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00