• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Consultant

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone check this out?

I’m 2 episodes in and it’s definitely not what I expected

The leads kinda suck so far.

But there’s enough intrigue in the bad guy (or perceived bad guy, too soon to say) to keep me going for now

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right with ya OP, leads are too millennial for me, but Waltz carries the show, of course. I'll catch some more eps tomorrow.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right with ya OP, leads are too millennial for me, but Waltz carries the show, of course. I'll catch some more eps tomorrow.

They also both care more about their careers at certain points than figuring out what’s going on

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I’ve watched the whole season now.

Have to say that I’m in different about it. I’m not certain I care if there is a second season.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I’ve watched the whole season now.

Have to say that I’m in different about it. I’m not certain I care if there is a second season.

I don’t

That ending was odd af and I’m not sure I got some of the points

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t

That ending was odd af and I’m not sure I got some of the points

He had people making him golden bones early on. Couldn't go up the stairs because he couldn't lift his limbs.

I suspect there might be a second season given the lady CEO he had a conversation with who killed herself too.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had people making him golden bones early on. Couldn't go up the stairs because he couldn't lift his limbs.

I suspect there might be a second season given the lady CEO he had a conversation with who killed herself too.

Holy shit, I never put that together

I figured the secretary who somehow became CEO was given the job because she was the only one willing to do whatever for the company

But the porta Potty thing made no sense and the dude never found want he was looking for like the description of the episode said he did

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished this one last night.

WTF?

So, he has a skeleton (skull included) made out of gold? And he needed a mobile game company to do it (they made a big point that one of his previous companies was a Russian amputation company)?

And none of the characters were really likeable. Their motivations kept changing throughout the show. One scene they ere essentially working undercover to bring the guy down, then in the next scene they were stabbing each other in the back to advance their own position in the company.

And was Patoff supposed to be a good guy (per the writer’s narrative)? That little montage at the end was a weird summary showing that everyone was better off after dealing with him, so, was this a “by any means necessary” lesson?

Waltz was amazing, as per usual. But the other two leads (no idea why the fiancé was considered a lead) were just confusing. Not sure if that was due to acting or writing or directing.

Overall, I guess I would give it a 4/10. If you have the time, go for it because of the uniqueness of it, but don’t expect to be blown away.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished this one last night.

WTF?

So, he has a skeleton (skull included) made out of gold? And he needed a mobile game company to do it (they made a big point that one of his previous companies was a Russian amputation company)?

And none of the characters were really likeable. Their motivations kept changing throughout the show. One scene they ere essentially working undercover to bring the guy down, then in the next scene they were stabbing each other in the back to advance their own position in the company.

And was Patoff supposed to be a good guy (per the writer’s narrative)? That little montage at the end was a weird summary showing that everyone was better off after dealing with him, so, was this a “by any means necessary” lesson?

Waltz was amazing, as per usual. But the other two leads (no idea why the fiancé was considered a lead) were just confusing. Not sure if that was due to acting or writing or directing.

Overall, I guess I would give it a 4/10. If you have the time, go for it because of the uniqueness of it, but don’t expect to be blown away.

I don’t think the male lead comes out ahead in this.

He loses everything

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I’m gonna have to rewatch this ending

Cause it wasn’t clear for multiple pieces
Not your fault. The show was kinda a mess.

the whole fiancé character was a huge question mark. Why did she apparently decide to become Patoff’s slave? And why did she decide to not be his slave any longer? Did Patoff have some kind of magic ability (outside if being able to get a skull transplant and survive)?

Just a hodgepodge of random actions, that I guess, because they don’t make sense, we are supposed to respect as “art” instead of criticize as disjointed.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the whole fiancé character was a huge question mark. Why did she apparently decide to become Patoff’s slave? And why did she decide to not be his slave any longer? Did Patoff have some kind of magic ability (outside if being able to get a skull transplant and survive)?

Just a hodgepodge of random actions, that I guess, because they don’t make sense, we are supposed to respect as “art” instead of criticize as disjointed.

I thought she moved out and handed over the ring

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also wonder if some of this comes out on another season??