• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Chicago White Sox '21-'22 offseason

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it makes sense to spent huge $$ to improve the offense. The offense is fine (and likely will get better with the continued development of their young core). To get over the hump they must improve their pitching. Having guys that can dominate poor offenses but melt in the postseason will not work.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not me. even at his best he's shown to be completely unreliable. that huge contract some thought he's get? i highly doubt it!
While I like him, I too agree giving him a lot of money would be a mistake. Let's avoid a Danks moment with Rodon.

Bearsfan81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with all skeptical of Rodon keeping it together, what are the options for the White Sox? They’re not going to drop $200 million+ on a guy. Rodon has an upside higher than anyone they’d credibly get on the FA market. If not Rodon who can they go after as a top of the rotation guy?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not criticizing his performance. I just don't think his comment did anything but motivate the Astros. I don't think he thought through his comments before spouting them. Without knowing, I doubt many of his teammates found them helpful.
I hate the 'bulletin board material' comments...like the Astros needed motivation to close out a playoff series. Probably would have loafed it without his comment. Come on, man...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not criticizing his performance. I just don't think his comment did anything but motivate the Astros. I don't think he thought through his comments before spouting them. Without knowing, I doubt many of his teammates found them helpful.
Yeah I don’t buy it. Astros aren’t going to need extra motivation when attempting to advance to the Next rd of the playoffs . It’s Also not the sport where playing harder works

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should trade Kimbrel. He was in high demand and his track record is good enough that the crappy time with the Sox will get overlooked. I really suspect he did not like being the set up guy at all, you need saves to make the Hall of Fame and get big contracts. He'd be better and happier closing somewhere.

That could improve the team...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don’t buy it. Astros aren’t going to need extra motivation when attempting to advance to the Next rd of the playoffs . It’s Also not the sport where playing harder works
Exactly. Guy gets up to bat, was gonna just swing and miss, but man that comment by Tepera makes him so mad he decides to hit a double instead.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it makes sense to spent huge $$ to improve the offense. The offense is fine (and likely will get better with the continued development of their young core). To get over the hump they must improve their pitching. Having guys that can dominate poor offenses but melt in the postseason will not work.
Agreed, pitching is more important and more of a weakness for this team.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the 'bulletin board material' comments...like the Astros needed motivation to close out a playoff series. Probably would have loafed it without his comment. Come on, man...
Come on yourself, buddy!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of bulletin board material, especially when it feeds the opposing side. But would there have been a difference in yesterday's outcome had Tepera not made his comment? Yeah, I think so. Instead of whupping us 10-1, I think the Astros would have only beaten us 9-1.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros were clearly the better team.

They played better defense and ran the bases much better than the Sox defended them. Working on pitchers holding guys on base - and good defense would make these same Sox a better team. Also - White Sox Outfielders need to move in some and learn to run back for the ball - as well as coming in on a ball - also way too lackadaisical approaches by Robert and sometimes Jimenez in fielding a ball and getting it into the infield.

I agree with @Lake Shore Drive that signing Marcus Semien for 2nd base would be a very nice addition. Championship pedigree - solid bat with power - and a better than average fielder.

IMO - Vaughn and Sheets are ready for starter jobs next season - and them developing will add a lot of offense to the team.

I do think the Sox will need to sign a starter somewhere - Kopech to the starting rotation may work - or it may not, but the Sox need more than 5 starters to get through a next season (with Keuchel - probably gone).

The Sox also need a very solid 2nd catcher who can block balls in the dirt and throw guys out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Astros were clearly the better team.

They played better defense and ran the bases much better than the Sox defended them. Working on pitchers holding guys on base - and good defense would make these same Sox a better team. Also - White Sox Outfielders need to move in some and learn to run back for the ball - as well as coming in on a ball - also way too lackadaisical approaches by Robert and sometimes Jimenez in fielding a ball and getting it into the infield.

I agree with @Lake Shore Drive that signing Marcus Semien for 2nd base would be a very nice addition. Championship pedigree - solid bat with power - and a better than average fielder.

IMO - Vaughn and Sheets are ready for starter jobs next season - and them developing will add a lot of offense to the team.

I do think the Sox will need to sign a starter somewhere - Kopech to the starting rotation may work - or it may not, but the Sox need more than 5 starters to get through a next season (with Keuchel - probably gone).

The Sox also need a very solid 2nd catcher who can block balls in the dirt and throw guys out.
Good stuff as usual Mingo!! And when I posted my original thoughts on what actions should be taken this offseason, I wasn't trying to minimize the importance of improving both the rotation and the pen - collectively they outweigh any single position. But right now we're looking at a hole in our lineup and on the field in 2b. Why not kill two birds with one stone and sign a player who can handle the position AND mash the ball to boot.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me pretend I'm not ecstatic about this.

Nope...Can't do it. Good riddance.

Be interesting if we can snooker some other shmuck with the whole "He sucked because he pitched in the eighth inning" con.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me pretend I'm not ecstatic about this.

Nope...Can't do it. Good riddance.

Be interesting if we can snooker some other shmuck with the whole "He sucked because he pitched in the eighth inning" con.
Ain’t gonna happen. Hahn bought high and will be selling low. Totally blew up in his face.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain’t gonna happen. Hahn bought high and will be selling low. Totally blew up in his face.

He'll get a leash if Madrigal doesn't pan out for the Cubs.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get a leash if Madrigal doesn't pan out for the Cubs.
Potentially. I definitely hope for the best for Madrigal, despite playing for the biggest assholes in town now.