• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The Bye Week Watch Everyone Else GDT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Love how all the Seahawks fans are saying how great the game was and surviving these games shows how tough they are and all that crap..

If the 49ers barely beat the Rams with Clemens at QB and barely beat the Bucs at home I would be pretty pissed off and worried

Why worry? Why not accentuate the positive? That's what I choose to do regarding the Seahawks close shave against the Bucs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre finished with 9 catches for 229 yards, 2 TDs. The 3rd time in his career with 200+. Here are the other two times:

2008: 11 catches for 207 yards, 1 TD (team won 13-12 vs. TEN)
2012: 14 catches for 273 yards, 1 TD (team won 43-37 vs. JAX)

Note: This is the first time he's done it in a loss.

Wasn't it three touchdowns?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division and possibly homefield is going to come down to some of these close games. I give credit to Seattle for pulling through, but it would be nice if they didn't. It forces the Niners to have to keep pace. Home field is really important this year, because you have 2 teams (Seahawks, Saints) who are completely different teams at home and on the road. I think the 49ers beat both of those teams at home, but in the playoffs I don't know if they escape either. Actually, right now, I pick whatever team is home for any of those matchups. Things change, but at this point that is how I see it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The division and possibly homefield is going to come down to some of these close games. I give credit to Seattle for pulling through, but it would be nice if they didn't. It forces the Niners to have to keep pace. Home field is really important this year, because you have 2 teams (Seahawks, Saints) who are completely different teams at home and on the road. I think the 49ers beat both of those teams at home, but in the playoffs I don't know if they escape either. Actually, right now, I pick whatever team is home for any of those matchups. Things change, but at this point that is how I see it.

This continual "Pulling a Rabbitt out of a Hat" routine the Seahawks are doing is going to wear thin on the 49ers pretty soon. They are going to see a Seahawk divison title as ineveitable. I think we'll soon find the 49ers two games down to the Hawks. They can't win every game. At least then they can relax and focus on getting to the playoffs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I don't know, man. The Hawks haven't been looking great at home lately. Narrow wins against the Titans and Bucs in their last two home games. Obviously we do not want to go in there in January, but they haven't looked great at home since beating the Niners. And even in that game they looked pretty shaky through the first half.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, man. The Hawks haven't been looking great at home lately. Narrow wins against the Titans and Bucs in their last two home games. Obviously we do not want to go in there in January, but they haven't looked great at home since beating the Niners. And even in that game they looked pretty shaky through the first half.

That's an understatement. We look like shit right now but our QB is a magician. He's a dynamic playmaker and give us 29 other QB's and we'd likely be 3-6 instead of 8-1. Straight stats don't tell the story. It's the clutch plays and when RWill makes them that puts him in a special QB category.

We were 5-4 at this juncture last year and then started to kick it into another gear. The OL is weak, no tall WR sucks but the surprise is getting gashed on the ground. :noidea: A 1st rd bye is imperative = 2 wins to the SB.

If we played this Sunday, I wouldn't like our chances at all, but we have another month for both teams to get players back and be close to full strength.

You're headed into the tough stretch of your season. Carolina won't be a push over on Sunday, especially now that they're in the wildcard hunt and playing good football. You're fortunate you get the Panthers at home because... Then the Saints on the road will be a tough game, especially, after losing to the Jets. They want a bye, too. You should handle the Skins on MNF but hey, they could start rolling like last year and won't play dead. Then the Hawks 2 weeks later.

It'll be interesting, anyway... but the Hawks aren't playing their best, not even close, and are 8-1. It shows the state of the NFL. Very little middle class.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's an understatement. We look like shit right now but our QB is a magician. He's a dynamic playmaker and give us 29 other QB's and we'd likely be 3-6 instead of 8-1. Straight stats don't tell the story. It's the clutch plays and when RWill makes them that puts him in a special QB category.

We were 5-4 at this juncture last year and then started to kick it into another gear. The OL is weak, no tall WR sucks but the surprise is getting gashed on the ground. :noidea: A 1st rd bye is imperative = 2 wins to the SB.

If we played this Sunday, I wouldn't like our chances at all, but we have another month for both teams to get players back and be close to full strength.

You're headed into the tough stretch of your season. Carolina won't be a push over on Sunday, especially now that they're in the wildcard hunt and playing good football. You're fortunate you get the Panthers at home because... Then the Saints on the road will be a tough game, especially, after losing to the Jets. They want a bye, too. You should handle the Skins on MNF but hey, they could start rolling like last year and won't play dead. Then the Hawks 2 weeks later.

It'll be interesting, anyway... but the Hawks aren't playing their best, not even close, and are 8-1. It shows the state of the NFL. Very little middle class.

Yeah, the next three games are crucial for the Niners. Get through those and we're in good shape up to the Hawks game. But Carolina has been playing very well lately. And NO at home is always tough. If our injured players are back and playing well, I like our chances. Especially this week coming off the bye. But every game is a must-win, at least until (unless?) the Hawks lose another one.