• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns being the Browns

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah got great production as a rookie...if he can build on that with some tape on him, he might be special. He could be above average for certain and Nassib might be more of a depth guy that can make plays. Solid rotation is Garrett is legit. The rush DEF needs to get better too so that's where I expect them to go with #12.

As a Browns fan...Osweiler might be a head scratcher, but there's not a ton of risk there....the offseason is going well so far getting the beef up front for whomever the QB is going to be.

The Osweiler trade was stroke of brilliance. I understood what they were doing from the get go. There's a 0% chance he remains on the team, at least for that pricetag. They will either release or trade him off before too long.

Their run defense has been poor since they went to a 3-4 base. They just don't have the personnel to line up with 3 down linemen consistently and do much of anything. They should be better with 4 (can't be worse), and considering running is a near afterthought for 1/2 the league anymore, they need to find a way to pressure the QB first IMO. Getting Garrett will do that.

As for their #12 overall, I would not be shocked at all if they traded that down for a few more picks.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah got great production as a rookie...if he can build on that with some tape on him, he might be special. He could be above average for certain and Nassib might be more of a depth guy that can make plays. Solid rotation is Garrett is legit. The rush DEF needs to get better too so that's where I expect them to go with #12.

As a Browns fan...Osweiler might be a head scratcher, but there's not a ton of risk there....the offseason is going well so far getting the beef up front for whomever the QB is going to be.

The most important part is done, the o-line, now they just have to build around it. I don't think they need to go high for a QB and maybe use Brock for a year (if literally no other options even though I don't expect that). If they can get a solid RB, get a couple weapons along with Britt and Coleman then the offense might be decent.
I think they need to start with defense and particularly the defensive line. They have Shelton, who seems like he could be pretty good, if they can add Garrett and another guy on the d-line and maybe get a S or CB at 12 they are starting somewhere. I don't expect them to be good right now or anything but building for the future is a start in the right direction.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Osweiler trade was stroke of brilliance. I understood what they were doing from the get go. There's a 0% chance he remains on the team, at least for that pricetag. They will either release or trade him off before too long.

Their run defense has been poor since they went to a 3-4 base. They just don't have the personnel to line up with 3 down linemen consistently and do much of anything. They should be better with 4 (can't be worse), and considering running is a near afterthought for 1/2 the league anymore, they need to find a way to pressure the QB first IMO. Getting Garrett will do that.

As for their #12 overall, I would not be shocked at all if they traded that down for a few more picks.
d407a435fd3d97fd9f7c33979a1901c5_crop_north.jpg

Sup?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are they switching to a 4-3?? bc I know Garrett has played in a 4-3 defense and picking him would not make sense

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they switching to a 4-3?? bc I know Garrett has played in a 4-3 defense and picking him would not make sense
Bosa went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and missed 4 games and then won the Defensive ROY in a runaway.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most important part is done, the o-line, now they just have to build around it. I don't think they need to go high for a QB and maybe use Brock for a year (if no other options). If they can get a solid RB, get a couple weapons along with Britt and Coleman then the offense might be decent.
I think they need to start with defense and particularly the defensive line. They have Shelton, who seems like he could be pretty good, if they can add Garrett and another guy on the d-line and maybe get a S or CB at 12 they are starting somewhere. I don't expect them to be good right now or anything but building for the future is a start in the right direction.

I'll say it again, Brock won't be on the team. Lets say the worst case scenario happens and they don't have any better options on the team because a trade for Jimmy G couldn't get done. They can still sign a FA QB just as good as Brock for 1/2 the cost for a year. And they will likely draft at least 1 young QB somewhere in the draft. There's no way the Browns are going to pay Ossweiler $16 million this year.

They're actually ok at RB with Johnson and Crowell. Problem last year was a terrible O-line couldn't create any holes AND they were often so far behind that they were forced to abandon the run early.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they're going back to a 4-3. Secondly, even if they weren't it doesn't matter. It's really backwards thinking to avoid the best player in the draft at their position just because they didn't play the same scheme in college. Like REALLY backwards thinking.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and missed 4 games and then won the Defensive ROY in a runaway.

I guess I didn't realize Garrett was that big 6'5" 270, a little smaller than Bosa but he could definitely be a 3-4, could take some time to adjust or maybe like you said he could go beast mode.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I didn't realize Garrett was that big 6'5" 270, a little smaller than Bosa but he could definitely be a 3-4, could take some time to adjust or maybe like you said he could go beast mode.
Well also, as was mentioned before, the Browns are converting to a 4-3 this season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they're going back to a 4-3. Secondly, even if they weren't it doesn't matter. It's really backwards thinking to avoid the best player in the draft at their position just because they didn't play the same scheme in college. Like REALLY backwards thinking.

Not really? Yes, you always go for the best player but if he doesn't suit your scheme and do it in the most affective way he plays then you aren't getting the most out of the player. Getting the most potential out of a potential great player is always the key. Not saying he can't play in a 3-4 but WE KNOW he thrives in a 4-3.

I'm glad they are switching. Never liked the 3-4

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very possible if New England is willing to accept a reasonable package for him.
They don't seem to be.

Rumor mill has started around here that the Pats are really going all in this year and have one thing left to accomplish. 19-0. They trademarked that and Perfect Season right before the Super Bowl. Brady came into the league winning 3 of 4, goes out winning 3 of 4 and a perfect season. Then hands off to Jimmy G.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really? Yes, you always go for the best player but if he doesn't suit your scheme and do it in the most affective way he plays then you aren't getting the most out of the player. Getting the most potential out of a potential great player is always the key. Not saying he can't play in a 3-4 but WE KNOW he thrives in a 4-3.

I'm glad they are switching. Never liked the 3-4

There can be scheme players for sure that will thrive in one system over another. I don't think Garrett is that type of guy. He's a freak with the type of skill, size, and athleticism that would excel in any package (much like Bosa last yr).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't seem to be.

Rumor mill has started around here that the Pats are really going all in this year and have one thing left to accomplish. 19-0. They trademarked that and Perfect Season right before the Super Bowl. Brady came into the league winning 3 of 4, goes out winning 3 of 4 and a perfect season. Then hands off to Jimmy G.

lol, that's ridiculous but hey, whatever you guys wanna do up in boston.

No one want's to put together silly assets for Jimmy G because he's both unproven and only on contract for 1 more year. A team like the browns could just beef everything else up and throw silly money at him next offseason and keep all their picks.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front office wise it was a "brilliant move" and just imagine if that 2nd round pick they got turns out be a stellar pick for the next 10-12 years.....

Yeah. The amassing of early draft picks is tremendous on paper. The second, and more crucial, part of the plan is using those picks to get good players...

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, that's ridiculous but hey, whatever you guys wanna do up in boston.

No one want's to put together silly assets for Jimmy G because he's both unproven and only on contract for 1 more year. A team like the browns could just beef everything else up and throw silly money at him next offseason and keep all their picks.
1. We don't wanna do anything. It's what they want to do in Foxboro. And it's just a theory that's been thrown out there, trying to explain the unusually active first few days of free agency from Bill.

2. Of course the only way that any team gives up any serious assets for him is if they can sign him to a long term deal. And I've said, if I'm Jimmy G, and I can talk with these teams, just tell them to wait. Tell them "yes, I'm willing to sign a long term deal with you next year, keep your draft picks, make your team better. I'm not getting hurt sitting on the bench anyway."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the only way that any team gives up any serious assets for him is if they can sign him to a long term deal. And I've said, if I'm Jimmy G, and I can talk with these teams, just tell them to wait. Tell them "yes, I'm willing to sign a long term deal with you next year, keep your draft picks, make your team better. I'm not getting hurt sitting on the bench anyway."

Ever heard the term...."Franchise"? Tag him and a pay him for one more year ..........UNLESS.........Jacoby Brissett proves that he's ready.