• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Boston Red Sox: MLB's best team. Celtics in 5?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge JobaChamberlain supporter. Becoming a key piece in that Yankees pen

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blade

Heard good thing about that A&M back but I know they like Turbin, I was surprised the Hawks went that way?

Aggies! They aren't the Longhorns but still they are OK. My brother and niece got their doctorates there.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny thing blade.. is that if i was right about my "april predictions" i would be hearing "it's april" now that i am wrong. here come the heatwave is wrong lets get em police. lmao.. you can't make this shit up. :laugh3:

Yes, if the Jays were 1.5 games in first place at the end of April, then "it's just April"

When they're 9.5 back, then you are fucking spectacularly wrong

Blue Jays are 3-10 since "this is the start of something beautiful...."

Good call Heatwave!

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggies! They aren't the Longhorns but still they are OK. My brother and niece got their doctorates there.

I think someone on the Roidtista thread was smack talking me about the Virginia Cavaliers

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a huge JobaChamberlain supporter. Becoming a key piece in that Yankees pen

like sands thru the hourglass...

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if the Jays were 1.5 games in first place at the end of April, then "it's just April"

When they're 9.5 back, then you are fucking spectacularly wrong

Blue Jays are 3-10 since "this is the start of something beautiful...."

Good call Heatwave!

glad you can admit you're a hyporcrite .

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's awful. Imagine how many games we wasted by starting Ben Francisco over Hafner against lefties just because Hafner doesn't hit from the side of the plate Girardi prefers?

How long till he realizes that Nunez is doing now what he's been doing for the better part of the last 8 years and this isn't a fluke?

How much longer does he keep on bringing in Logan to face tough lefties before he realizes there are other guys in the pen who can better retire them (has Prince Fielders HR from 3 weeks ago landed yet?)

Cashman might've done a Houdini job, but Girardi is just reading from a binder. And a shitty binder at that

No, not awful at all. Travis Hafner hasn't played 150 games in 30 years, you want him in the lineup every single day in April?

Yeah say farewell to him by July if he does that. It's actually on Cashman that Ben Francisco is Girardis best option besides Hafner.

They don't exactly have many options besides Nunez and they like his bat to come around, and he has been a pleasant defensive surprise

Relax buddy, they are flying high right now, Joe girardi has been brilliant

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not awful at all. Travis Hafner hasn't played 150 games in 30 years, you want him in the lineup every single day in April?

Are they deliberately giving him off days or are they benching him against left handed starting pitchers?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are they deliberately giving him off days or are they benching him against left handed starting pitchers?

Absolutely a combination of both. They know this guys history and they are gonna give him days off, and it makes sense you are gonna do that against Lefties, especially the tougher ones.

I'm sure girardi would love to pencil the guy in everday, if he thought for a second he would still be doing that in September. This is the last guy we should be complaining about getting his days off

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt, how about those crack NY detectives missing that 5' slab of landing gear between those buildings.

anyone know why there was a rope around it?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah say farewell to him by July if he does that. It's actually on Cashman that Ben Francisco is Girardis best option besides Hafner.

Cashman does it again?

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely a combination of both. They know this guys history and they are gonna give him days off, and it makes sense you are gonna do that against Lefties, especially the tougher ones.

I'm sure girardi would love to pencil the guy in everday, if he thought for a second he would still be doing that in September. This is the last guy we should be complaining about getting his days off

I'm not sure I agree. If he can hit lefties then I think you should play him everyday until you run him into the ground. He's going to be sitting when the regulars come back so why not get the most out of him now.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me field this one..... deliberately benching him against lefties

I'm all for giving Hafner off a day or 2 per week, but when the Yankees went up against a span of 7 lefties over 11 days, he sat for all 7, in favor of putting Ben Francisco and Eduardo Nunez (both of whom hit far worse against lefties than Hafner) in the middle of their lineup

Girardi finally listened to me after 7 games and Hafner gave him a huge :finger: by knocking in 4 RBI's

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't underestimate a 19 year old punk and a skateboard Rock

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt, how about those crack NY detectives missing that 5' slab of landing gear between those buildings.

anyone know why there was a rope around it?

A rope around the landing gear? That should be worth about 1000 pages of documentation on the conspiracy theory websites.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks better close out the series on Wednesday. If they allow the series to go back to Boston, all the New Yorkers are going to start getting nervous and having flashbacks of 2004.

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree. If he can hit lefties then I think you should play him everyday until you run him into the ground. He's going to be sitting when the regulars come back so why not get the most out of him now.

No, trust me, there is absolutely no "protecting Hafner" involved here

This isn't an isolated incident. Girardi (and Torre before him) have hid this obsessive fetish with "matchups", even when the matchup isn't actually all that favorable

He honest to goodness thinks it's a better idea to put Ben Francisco in the middle of the lineup just because Francisco is a righty

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rope around the landing gear? That should be worth about 1000 pages of documentation on the conspiracy theory websites.

theres a nice internet theory that the gear was put there on purpose by those mosque people

the rope around it is very odd tho

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not a mentality any team will take. He is absolutely gonna still be the lefty DH when everyone returns. Probably split time with Wells in a perfect world