• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The biggest robbery in the history of college football, and maybe in sports

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirby is 0-3 in road games against the SEC West now, and all 3 games have been lopsided. Gotta work on that for sure.
Well he is 1-3, he did get a win in the SEC CCG.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was going to be about this.

lnps3Wt.jpg

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in college sports. But the Detroit Lions have explored and then perfected every single way of losing possible. The boring years are when they decide to just lose by being the worse (worst) team. They've had some historic screw jobs go their way too though, including when they first made up the process of the catch rule. Another one that sticks out is when the league and the officials refused to review an obviously wrong call that was supposed to be automatically reviewed just because we asked them to review it.

But the absolute worst screw job in sports was when they reviewed a play, overturned the TD, put the ball on the 1 inch line. And then even though there was time on the clock, the refs stated that for the only time in the history of the NFL, they weren't going to play until the clock read 00, they were just calling the game over.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, they got awards for kickers just like they do for the players.

Had no idea. :noidea:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crouch...what was wrong with that guy? He's weird
About 5 years ago I attended a party (he was a drug rep, my wife is a nurse, party was at a Doctor's house) where he brought 3-$50 bottles of wine and he was drinking the wine out of a solo cup. Weird indeed.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in college sports. But the Detroit Lions have explored and then perfected every single way of losing possible. The boring years are when they decide to just lose by being the worse (worst) team. They've had some historic screw jobs go their way too though, including when they first made up the process of the catch rule. Another one that sticks out is when the league and the officials refused to review an obviously wrong call that was supposed to be automatically reviewed just because we asked them to review it.

But the absolute worst screw job in sports was when they reviewed a play, overturned the TD, put the ball on the 1 inch line. And then even though there was time on the clock, the refs stated that for the only time in the history of the NFL, they weren't going to play until the clock read 00, they were just calling the game over.
There's always a 10 second runoff when a call us reversed and a team has no o timeouts BUT man I'd have been heated too. To be fair though that just made our teams even as Atlanta once lost a game vs Detroit where Hanson missed a game winning FG but got another kick because the Lions committed a snap infraction.. I've never understood how a team can screw up but then get another play because they themselves committed a penalty . Seems like the other team should have the right to decline ( even if it's a "dead ball" penalty )

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah hell, I got a bigger robbery than that: How come this guy, with over 1000 yards receiving so far and 8 or 9 TDs, is not at least on the Biletnikoff finalist list?