• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Big 12

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still pretty early for me to hype of the Big 12 this year. They took a lot of hits last year. It's only been one week of football. Those that follow OU football know that even though it was Lou-Monroe, OU defense was terrible last year, and we weren't expecting much from an experienced Lou-Monroe team. So the shut out was nice, last year OU barely won against Texas-El Paso in the opening.

Also, unlike the cowpokes who are bragging about beating a bottom feeding SEC team like Miss State. (Would be like "x" team bragging about beating Kansas or Iowa State) OU scheduled a little bit tougher non-conference games, as they always do. There is a big difference between playing Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ol'Miss, Georgia or South Carolina...than hyping up a Miss State. If I recall, if Mike Gundy had his way he would play a Savannah State type team every weekend. You notice, the big dogs, no matter what conference they are in. Don't bitch about who they play or where, it usually the opposite. Good teams get excited about the rise in competition.

OU head's to South Bend the last weekend of Sept. Usually they schedule one challenging, one decent and one cupcake team.

Again, you're not going to see a lot of trash talking from this Sooner until I see some more football, the Big 12 does need to back up their conference with big wins.

-
I was impressed with the Pokes. I have little doubt that the offense will step it up, but if they play solid defense than the Big 12 is in trouble. If they won 56-38, I would have said same old OSU

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. NMSU, LA Monroe and even MSU are warmups at best. By the end of this month, we should have a much better idea of how good any of the teams might be, especially OU.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. NMSU, LA Monroe and even MSU are warmups at best. By the end of this month, we should have a much better idea of how good any of the teams might be, especially OU.

Agreed. It was nice to see a dominating defense against a pretty decent offense, but other than that I really didn't take much away from that game. For the first time in a while I really can't say I have any expectations for this team. They could end up anywhere from a 4 loss team to a 1 loss team depending on how things go.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3