• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears Draft Grades

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Poles borrows against next year again for another pick, I'm going on the assumption that our draft is over. Here are my initial grades, of course subject to change:

1. Caleb Williams, QB: The worst kept secret thruout the pre-draft period. Might take a season, might not, but eventually Caleb will change how the Bears play offense for the next X number of years. Grade: A

9. Rome Odunze, WR
: 3rd highest rated WR in the draft, with several having him ranked even higher. He can handle the entire route tree and will immediately become one of the better contested catch receivers in the league. Landing him at #9 is almost too good to be true. Grade: A+

40. Montez Sweat, DE/Edge
: Anyone think for even a nanosecond that this guy wasn't worth a 2nd round pick? Grade: A+

75. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
: Here I'm relying on analysts and various sports sites for the take on him. Apparently we got ourselves a relative bargain, who should immediately fill in as a backup to the OT and G spots, and a future candidate for the starting LT (buhbye Larry Borom?). Grade: B+

110. Keenan Allen, WR
: Even if he's just a one year rental, he's still worth the 110th pick. If by chance he signs on for more years, then it's all gravy from there. Grade: A-

122. Tory Taylor, P
: When you win the collegiate nation's top punter award, it's safe to assume you're a damn good punter. If he was taken in the 6th or 7th round, this would be an A+ grade. Oh and remember, this is the pick we got from Philly when we swapped spots in last year's draft. Grade: B

144. Austin Booker, DE/Edge
: It cost us a '25 4th rounder (more on that in a bit), but the kid seems worth it, and several sites had a 3rd rd grade on him. He produced some very productive stas his final year at Kansas. His primary role, at least early on will be as a rotational pass rusher - think 3rd & long situations - along with ST duties. Grade: A

So we originally had the 144th pick, but traded it to Buffalo for OL/C Ryan Bates. Buffalo then traded it back to us for next year's 4th round pick. Therefore, at #144, we received veteran Ryan Bates and drafted Austin Booker for a 2025 4th round pick. I'd call that a borderline genius move on Poles' part.

Summing it all up, my initial overall grade for this very limited draft, including those trades: A