• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

the avg KC

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point of the comment is highlight the fact there is no reason to defend RGME...unless you are defending him strictly on skin color.

I think I understood what you were going for but just think it's the wrong angle. I think a lot of people who are rooting for Griffin look back to 2012 and feel he can recapture it. I don't think so. We are starting to around the league that guys that had so much success in 2012 are struggling to find success on the field now. Just my opinion but I think if people want to argue who is better that's fine but lets make it about what happens on the field and not what color someone is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I understood what you were going for but just think it's the wrong angle. I think a lot of people who are rooting for Griffin look back to 2012 and feel he can recapture it. I don't think so. We are starting to around the league that guys that had so much success in 2012 are struggling to find success on the field now. Just my opinion but I think if people want to argue who is better that's fine but lets make it about what happens on the field and not what color someone is.

I don't think it is the wrong angle because it is the truth. I loved RG3 in 2012 and wanted him to recapture what he was. He is not and never will be a pocket passer. He wasn't in that year either. His threat of the run was so great, LBs would automatically sneak up leaving a huge void between the LBs and safeties. That no longer exists because he doesn't scare people with the run. Anybody who still has faith in him, has faith for only one reason. That reason is they want a black QB to succeed. I simply want a Redskin QB to succeed...don't care about the color.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is the wrong angle because it is the truth. I loved RG3 in 2012 and wanted him to recapture what he was. He is not and never will be a pocket passer. He wasn't in that year either. His threat of the run was so great, LBs would automatically sneak up leaving a huge void between the LBs and safeties. That no longer exists because he doesn't scare people with the run. Anybody who still has faith in him, has faith for only one reason. That reason is they want a black QB to succeed. I simply want a Redskin QB to succeed...don't care about the color.

Aren't you essentially saying that this QB (who happens to be black) can never learn the fundamental skills that are necessary to be a pocket passer because he was and now formerly is a runner? Dude, take a history lesson! What you're saying now in 2015, is not new.....it is however, a stereotype, based on.........

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't you essentially saying that this QB (who happens to be black) can never learn the fundamental skills that are necessary to be a pocket passer because he was and now formerly is a runner? Dude, take a history lesson! What you're saying now in 2015, is not new.....it is however, a stereotype, based on.........

Nope, what he is saying is what i have been saying for a while now. Most of the people who still believe in Griffin are supporting him not because he is a good QB, but because he is black. I dont think Johnny Manziel will ever become a good pocket passer because he has the same skill set as RG3... but he aint black. Same thing with Tim Tebow. Very few running QBs get to the NFL and become pocket passers. Griffin isnt screwed because he is black, he is screwed because of the old adage.... you cant teach an old dog new tricks. As much as you want to say Cousins is what he is and can not improve. Griffin is an option QB and will not become a pocket passer.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what Shark said. Exactly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know if Rg3 could show me that he can slide protections . manipulate safeties , recognize where a play is designed to go , then i would say " sure " let him play .

but right now with Rg3 you cant use a good portion of the playbook .

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What choice do we have? Is there a QB that will be a FA next year that is markedly better than cousins? Is there a potential draftee that will be ready? IMO, the answer to both of those questions is no. So unless KC completely implodes the next 9 games, I have to believe KC is the QB for next year or two untiL we can draft his replacement and groom him.

QFT. Plus with the right parts in place the team
could win with Cousins. There are some QBs you can't say that about.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting comparisons from the 2012 QB draft class from Keim..

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Redskins question of the week centers on quarterback Kirk Cousins. Enjoy.

@john_keim Crazy question. Is Kirk outplaying the rest of 2012 draft class this season? Think there is an argument for yes. #jkquestion

— Kevin Simone (@ksim15) November 6, 2015

John Keim: Yeah, it’s a little bit crazy. No, I don’t think he’s outplaying everyone else from his class. I do think this class obviously does not look as strong as it did a year ago thanks to the struggles by the Colts’ Andrew Luck and the Seahawks’ Russell Wilson. Once upon a time, this class looked like it might go down as one of the best ever, after its rookie season in which Robert Griffin III also starred. Since then, Wilson and Luck had maintained their success until this season while Miami’s Ryan Tannehill has been on a slow climb -- at times too slow.

But I would not say Cousins is outperforming them. He’s playing at a level you would probably expect. Had he guided the Redskins to a road win or two, then maybe you could make that case just because the others are struggling. However, that hasn’t happened. All of these quarterbacks have been too inconsistent this season.

Statistics don’t tell the entire story for a quarterback. A lot depends on what they’re asked to do. Still, here’s how Cousins’ season compares to the other starters from his draft class:

Cousins: He’s completed 68.7 percent of his passes for 1,737 yards, nine touchdowns and eight interceptions for an 85.1 passer rating. Best stat: He’s been sacked only eight times. He’s led two game-winning drives, but has one pick-six in overtime.

Luck: He’s taken the most mysterious stumble, completing 54.9 percent of his passes for 1,629 yards, 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions for a 71.6 passer rating. Yes, Cousins has outplayed him. But is Luck truly playing hurt as has been reported (ribs)? Also, Luck is asked to do a lot more -- how would Cousins hold up in a similar situation? Still, it’s amazing how bad Luck has looked.

Wilson: He has the best numbers of this group, though he too has been criticized. Wilson has completed 68.8 percent of his passes for 1,878 yards, nine touchdowns and six interceptions for a 95.0 passer rating. He averages 8.03 yards per pass attempt compared to Cousins’ 6.48. Wilson also has rushed for 303 yards. He’s been sacked 31 times, and what he’s done this year might look bad in Seattle but probably would be welcomed in Washington. He’s succeeded in the past despite a weak offensive line that seems to be worse this season.

Tannehill: I was less than impressed with Tannehill when the Redskins hosted Miami. I thought he was decidedly average and his numbers aren’t good either, but they are better than Cousins’. Tannehill has completed 62.7 percent of his throws for 1,928 yards, 13 touchdowns and nine interceptions for an 87.1 rating. Nothing great. He has been sacked 21 times.

Nick Foles: Wasn’t a big fan of his in Philadelphia and still not sold on him with St. Louis. Foles has completed 58.8 percent of his passes for 1,310 yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions for an 81.6 rating. His best move? Handing off to running back Todd Gurley.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Drew Brees becomes available via FA next year?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Drew Brees becomes available via FA next year?
It just seems to me that he has mark brunell/Donovan mcnabb written all over him. On the back side of his career and looking for that one last payday as his skills run out. I hope we are past being the retirement fund for the NFL.