• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will go ahead and solve this for you Laker fans since it seems no one can. You couldn’t do better than Terry Stotts.

There's no indication that Stotts wants to coach. He resigned from his assistant position with the Bucks one day before the 2023 season started, only a few months after being hired and after two years away from the game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noted the ones I've seen referenced. There's nothing to dig for, I understand why Ham is gone. Whether or not people disagree with it or not, he's unemployed.

Every tv analyst I've seen, several articles and the sportstalk shows out here are all blasting the Lakers for this move.

Look, you got what you wanted, be happy and in 2 years, if they're firing another coach...just remember that it's what you wanted.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every tv analyst I've seen, several articles and the sportstalk shows out here are all blasting the Lakers for this move.

Look, you got what you wanted, be happy and in 2 years, if they're firing another coach...just remember that it's what you wanted.

I'm not out there, so I don't get blasted with it.

What would you have them do, stand pat with Ham? I'd rather try something else than try that again (including Pelinka, but that's unlikely).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not out there, so I don't get blasted with it.

What would you have them do, stand pat with Ham? I'd rather try something else than try that again (including Pelinka, but that's unlikely).

It's too late for that. They should have backed him when all the bullshit first started. They didn't and now we get to hope that the 7th time is the charm.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too late for that. They should have backed him when all the bullshit first started. They didn't and now we get to hope that the 7th time is the charm.

There's no real reason to expect that it will be, just hopefully better than Ham was. Ham actually had better support from his GM in terms of players than his predecessor. Westbrook was shipped out, and Ham had input on who was brought in last summer (notably Prince and Reddish). Vogel got a much rawer deal IMO, and that ultimately falls on Pelinka. Whether or not the Russ trade was pushed for by Lebron, it's ultimately your front office's job to either acquiesce or push back.

What are you referring to as "the bullshit"? When his players starting pushing back earlier this season? They seemed to largely ignore it and tried to let it blow over, which wasn't not supporting him. We all know what a public vote of confidence typically results in.

IMO, his failings vs the Nuggets should be treated as harshly as DLo's. When the plot continues to repeat itself game after game, changes need to be made. I don't see DLo returning either, unless it's briefly as an opt in to be traded elsewhere (maybe the Magic?). For others that failed to some degree (like Reddish and Prince - as big minute players), I don't hold them as accountable. They were being utilized outside of what their roles should be; depth rotation guys. Prince seemed to up his game once his role was restored as a rotational guy.

Pelinka is arguably the worst offender (since ownership isn't going to change), but he'll probably continue to slide unfortunately.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren't any real basketball people in the Lakers front office IMO. There are Buss kids that were around real basketball minds and picked up a few things, but not enough.
Jeanie is pretty good overall, She is way better at her job than Short bus Jim was. And yeah, I know that is a short bar for her to hurtle, LOL.

Rob has done okay but he is really not a quality GM IMO. Jeanie hired him because of Kobe and while he has grown into the job a little, he still is not a good to great GM. He might have an NBA title on his resume as a GM but that was more of AD, James and the the other guys stepping up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeanie is pretty good overall, She is way better at her job than Short bus Jim was. And yeah, I know that is a short bar for her to hurtle, LOL.

Rob has done okay but he is really not a quality GM IMO. Jeanie hired him because of Kobe and while he has grown into the job a little, he still is not a good to great GM. He might have an NBA title on his resume as a GM but that was more of AD, James and the the other guys stepping up.

Rob has screwed up at least once for every success IMO. Sure, he was GM when Lebron came (not sure Rob had much impact on that) and for the AD trade (again, AD forced the Pelicans' hand), but he's also the GM for the Westbrook trade and the short contracts for Caruso, Reaves, Christie, etc. Those short contracts cost the franchise a cheap year for each of the three (and he also ultimately took part in letting Caruso walk). Without that Westbrook trade and the loss of Caruso, the Lakers might still have Vogel at head coach and could very well have another ring.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob has screwed up at least once for every success IMO. Sure, he was GM when Lebron came (not sure Rob had much impact on that) and for the AD trade (again, AD forced the Pelicans' hand), but he's also the GM for the Westbrook trade and the short contracts for Caruso, Reaves, Christie, etc. Those short contracts cost the franchise a cheap year for each of the three (and he also ultimately took part in letting Caruso walk). Without that Westbrook trade and the loss of Caruso, the Lakers might still have Vogel at head coach and could very well have another ring.
Yeah, I agree.

Not happening but they should have fired Pelinka and Ham at the same time......then hired a new GM to overlook the coaching hire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you referring to as "the bullshit"? When his players starting pushing back earlier this season? They seemed to largely ignore it and tried to let it blow over, which wasn't not supporting him. We all know what a public vote of confidence typically results in.

I'm talking about the bullshit of fans bitching about his rotations (and any player bitching that may have started but wasn't public yet) when they were driven by injuries and in a couple of instances (D-Lo and Reaves for example) when he sat guys because they were playing like shit.

There were games where Christie and Castleton were in when the game was still in doubt and Hayes played more minutes than expected as well.

Largely ignoring it is why it turned into what it did. If they do what the Heat did when the Spo complaints started, it shuts all that up and allows him to not look like a lame duck coach.

As I said earlier, if they still felt the need to get rid of him...fine. At least he's been given a fair shot.

As I've said before, Ham was not the problem, he wasn't the reason they only made the play in ans he wasn't the reason they blew 4 double digit leads. AD, for example, dominated the Nuggets for 3 quarters and then only took 2-3 shots in the 4th quarter of each of those games.

Unless you think that in the huddle between the 3rd and 4th quarters, Ham was saying, "Stop giving the ball to AD, that shits working too well", then it's not on Ham...it's on the players.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the bullshit of fans bitching about his rotations (and any player bitching that may have started but wasn't public yet) when they were driven by injuries and in a couple of instances (D-Lo and Reaves for example) when he sat guys because they were playing like shit.

Largely ignoring it is why it turned into what it did. If they do what the Heat did when the Spo complaints started, it shuts all that up and allows him to not look like a lame duck coach.

As I said earlier, if they still felt the need to get rid of him...fine. At least he's been given a fair shot.

As I've said before, Ham was not the problem, he wasn't the reason they only made the play in ans he wasn't the reason they blew 4 double digit leads. AD, for example, dominated the Nuggets for 3 quarters and then only took 2-3 shots in the 4th quarter of each of those games.

Unless you think that in the huddle between the 3rd and 4th quarters, Ham was saying, "Stop giving the ball to AD, that shits working too well", then it's not on Ham...it's on the players.

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama

You can not blame Ham for the Lakers having multiple double digit leads against the Nuggets and then blowing it. That's all on the players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were games where Christie and Castleton were in when the game was still in doubt and Hayes played more minutes than expected as well.

U guys are getting hung up on this.

Was it Ham’s fault?

No.

But that doesn’t matter.

The Lakers can’t move forward with Ham because the players don’t listen to him. The only thing that really matters is that the lakers hire someone who LeBron respects. Someone not afraid to call him out when he is wrong.

That might possibly be JJ Redick.

Is it ideal?

No.

But I think it has a much better chance of working than running it back with Ham.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins said the other night with respect to Anthony Edwards

Thank you thank you thank you he said 3 times

And why he said that from my understanding of it

He was tired of all the euro players coming over . I was like whoa, ok.

Found that quite interesting.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. Pat didn’t sound too happy with Jimmy today so time will tell
There’s been a whole lot of Philly talk with Buckets. Take it with a grain of salt though. People up here are fucking dumb like eagles nuts. I’ve heard LeBron, Durant, PG13, Ingram, Butler, Etc…. It’s comical