• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone starts without experience. The guys available are either first timers or recently fired. Experience that got you fired isn't exactly a plus...

Changing coaches every 2 years isn't a plus either.

Amazing that you can't see that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can start by sobering up lol
The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, the folks calling for Darvin Hams head all season are mad because they "fired everybody" as if the new coach isn't going to want to bring in his own staff.

Folks starting to understand why I don't like most Lakers fans?
Oh, I understood way before this.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now, the folks calling for Darvin Hams head all season are mad because they "fired everybody" as if the new coach isn't going to want to bring in his own staff.

Yeah, that’s wild to me.

Can’t be surprise.

Every assistant knows their job is tethered to the head.

I’m sure Handy wasn’t surprised by this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fired a guy with experience too. It's about the right candidate, not rookie vs retread.

And yet, the last 7 coaches have lasted 2 years each. Might be time for them to stop listening to fans, pick a coach and stick with him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, the last 7 coaches have lasted 2 years each. Might be time for them to stop listening to fans, pick a coach and stick with him.

And give him more than 2 years especially when he made the conference finals 1 year and just happened to play the 1 team they couldn't beat in the west in round 1 the 2nd year

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t aware of that. I don’t think it takes a Laker hater to say that is a horribly run franchise.

Phil's last season was 2010-11

Since then...

Mike Brown - 1 season plus 5 games. - lost in 2nd round of playoffs in his 1st season. Fired after 5 games the next season.
Mike D'Antoni - final 72 games of the season Mike Brown started plus 1 more season. - lost in first round 1st season, missed the playoffs 2nd season
Byron Scott - 2 years - no playoffs
Luke Walton - 3 years - no playoffs, but team record improved every season
Frank Vogel - 3 years - won title 1st season, lost in 1st round 2nd season after losing AD to injury, missed playoffs 3rd year when AD missed 42 games and Lebron missed 26
Darvin Ham - 2 years - lost in WCF 1st season and 1st round in 2nd season

But I'm the crazy one for saying they should hire a coach and support him.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since then...

Mike Brown - 1 season plus 5 games. - lost in 2nd round of playoffs in his 1st season. Fired after 5 games the next season.
Mike D'Antoni - final 72 games of the season Mike Brown started plus 1 more season. - lost in first round 1st season, missed the playoffs 2nd season
Frank Vogel - 3 years - won title 1st season, lost in 1st round 2nd season after losing AD to injury, missed playoffs 3rd year when AD missed 42 games and Lebron missed 26

It just seem like there is a buck stops here guy anywhere to be seen

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since then...

4 of those coaches absolutely deserved it no question.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Politics is in everything ….

Do I have to educate you about everything?

When a team wins a championship, where do they go other than Disney, they go to the Whitehouse, correct?
Shut up, stupid

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it's time to get a quality president of basketball operations in place to hire the right guy, Do you have confidence in the braintrust of Jeanie and Rob to make that hire? The reason why Lebron gets a heavy say in this hire (beyond his power in the league and with the team) is that lack of a guru in the front office. Why not interview Bob Myers as either a Rob replacement or for that president role?

Sticking with a problematic coach is not the answer. It has nothing to do with fans. I wonder how closely you actually pay attention to the Lakers sometimes. Guess who had the 3rd most minutes this season behind Lebron and AD. Not Reaves. Not DLo. Not Rui. It was Ham's boy Taurean Prince. Those minutes were not earned, they were given. He started nearly 50 games this season, well beyond what his skill set and intended role should be expected to support. He benched DLo, he benched Reaves, but didn't bench Prince until deep into the season regardless of shooting and other issues. Reddish had a bigger role than Christie for no good reason. He put a lineup out there with all wings and AD for several games, benching both guards. As AD indicated, they didn't know the plan on offense or defense as recently as the Nuggets playoff series. He put the cherry on top by getting defensive, pushing back first on AD's comments, then throwing a player (DLo?) under the buss for shitting the bed for 10 games straight (all the time while continuing to give Prince starts regardless of shooting woes). You can add on the timeout issues, the challenge issues, etc, but those are relatively minor in comparison to his management of the starting lineup, rotations, and minutes involved. Ham is by all accounts a great guy, but he seemed in over his head and fell back on guys he was familiar with. That Prince signing might have been the worst thing for him, as it gave him a crutch.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the world doesn’t like Lakers fans so it wasn’t a hard sell.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if James Harden is gonna demand a trade from the Clippers either during the offseason or midseason like he usually does next year.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if James Harden is gonna demand a trade from the Clippers either during the offseason or midseason like he usually does next year.

He'd have to re sign with them first lol