• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not ever say he would not be fired. You are lying.

I said you were wrong to blame him.

Almost every coach gets fired at some point.

And again, I said the roster was highly flawed. A roster built around Randle and Barrett who were making too much money to get a real star and not good enough to be better than average with.

This is not even close to the same roster. And they lucked into Brunson because again, he turned into something nobody thought he could be.
Ok counselor ….. I rest my case

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard to take end of year awards seriously. This happens basically every year now

Crazier thing is Reid didnt win by more. Absolutely bizarre to choose Malik Monk losing the 6th man(dumb award) as your award to call robbery.

Way better eFG%. More WS. Played on a great team filling in for one of their best players when going down.

Monk lol.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley- I’m not goin to Golden Corral, I’m goin to the Sizzler

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier thing is Reid didnt win by more. Absolutely bizarre to choose Malik Monk losing the 6th man(dumb award) as your award to call robbery.

Way better eFG%. More WS. Played on a great team filling in for one of their best players when going down.

Monk lol.

That's where a lot of the debate is though. There's a case Reid's numbers are boosted because he spent more time as a starter, which goes against the concept of the award.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where a lot of the debate is though. There's a case Reid's numbers are boosted because he spent more time as a starter, which goes against the concept of the award.

Yes and no. He would've been a 6 man but he stepped up and team didn't have a drop off.

How huge would it be for Philly if they had Reid?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok counselor ….. I rest my case

The really crazy thing here?

All along Pasta has tried to claim that it is all about coaching.

We have all correctly said that while coaching does matter, the roster is more important. No coach is winning with a crap roster.

Fast forward 5 years and no Pasta trying to take victory laps because he is crediting Knicks success to coaching.

But…

They have a legit roster now. While I can’t put Brunson in the superstar category, he is top 15 player with really solid support pieces.

That is a winning team.

While bad coaching could still mess that up, any competent coach is taking this group to the playoffs and giving them a chance to win a series or 2.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK maybe NY does, too? LA with Lebron and AD likely does, as well...but that discrepancy can be questioned.
With that question it's clear you can't understand the numbers as well as a grown man should.
0>352
352>1,113

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that disparity is ridiculous; it’s like 4 times greater than the next closest team.

Complaining in aggregate is pointless and without context. Complaining about individual calls is much more valid.

First of all, Lakers have played more games over that stretch than any of those teams. A conference championship run from the play-in, and now another play-in and in-season championship. Even if those teams played as many games as the Lakers, were talking approx 740 over what, 185 games thus far? That's 4 per game. When you factor in the extra games the Lakers have played vs those teams, that number drops below 4.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complaining in aggregate is pointless and without context. Complaining about individual calls is much more valid.
Nah. These numbers over two years reveal some sort of oddity going on. That’s the context. You don’t get data like that over 2 years - 164 contests plus playoff games.
First of all, Lakers have played more games over that stretch than any of those teams.
That’s not true. The Nuggets and Heat have played more in those two years.
A conference championship run from the play-in, and now another play-in and in-season championship.
This is like one extra game. You shouldn’t have even tried to explain this. This is utter and complete bullshit this attempt.
Even if those teams played as many games as the Lakers, were talking approx 740 over what, 185 games thus far? That's 4 per game. When you factor in the extra games the Lakers have played vs those teams, that number drops below 4.
In every game? 4 more trips? Do you not see the absurdity?

You should have shrugged your shoulders and ignored this.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but obviously not enough to not qualify.

That’s also kinda the point of a 6th man still. Ability to be that next man up and fill in

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, Lakers have played more games over that stretch than any of those teams. A conference championship run from the play-in, and now another play-in and in-season championship. Even if those teams played as many games as the Lakers, were talking approx 740 over what, 185 games thus far? That's 4 per game. When you factor in the extra games the Lakers have played vs those teams, that number drops below 4.
Lol, yeah nothing to see here. Don't aggregate my little schemes together. Don't expose me!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. These numbers over two years reveal some sort of oddity going on. That’s the context. You don’t get data like that over 2 years - 164 contests plus playoff games.

That’s not true. The Nuggets and Heat have played more in those two years.

This is like one extra game. You shouldn’t have even tried to explain this. This is utter and complete bullshit this attempt.

In every game? 4 more trips? Do you not see the absurdity?

You should have shrugged your shoulders and ignored this.

That's OK, we know you aren't good with math and statistics. Admitting it is the first step. Not 4 trips, 2 trips of 2 shots each. We're talking a total of 2 fouls per game (that resulted in free throws). And 1s could also skew those numbers. We certainly know that techs from the coach aren't an issue, as Ham is a bystander.

Nuggets have played 1 more game, but also were not on that top 5 or whatever list that was posted, which is what I was referencing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's OK, we know you aren't good with math and statistics.
Yep. You have no argument and that’s why you lead with the attack on me.
Admitting it is the first step. Not 4 trips, 2 trips of 2 shots each.
Over the course of 162 plus contests and an average. Those numbers are absurd especially in the context of all the other teams in the NBA.
We're talking a total of 2 fouls per game (that resulted in free throws). And 1s could also skew those numbers. We certainly know that techs from the coach aren't an issue, as Ham is a bystander.
No, we are talking about a vast discrepancy over two years worth of games.
Nuggets have played 1 more game, but also were not on that top 5 or whatever list that was posted, which is what I was referencing.
Because they don’t see the whistle that the Lakers get and therefore not a vast disparity for them to make the top of that list.

Fact of the matter is that the Lakers Whistle is very very real and that’s seen in data that you have failed miserably to try and explain away.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vast discrepancy of at most 2 fouls per game. Quelle horreur!!!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The really crazy thing here?

All along Pasta has tried to claim that it is all about coaching.

We have all correctly said that while coaching does matter, the roster is more important. No coach is winning with a crap roster.

Fast forward 5 years and no Pasta trying to take victory laps because he is crediting Knicks success to coaching.

But…

They have a legit roster now. While I can’t put Brunson in the superstar category, he is top 15 player with really solid support pieces.

That is a winning team.

While bad coaching could still mess that up, any competent coach is taking this group to the playoffs and giving them a chance to win a series or 2.
lol , tryin to rile up the gang with a post on the big board .

Fizdale with this current roster , team would be in the cellar