• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if it's about making sure the Lakers advance, why did the league allow them to lose that last game?

Why did the league allow the Nuggets to shoot more free throws than the Lakers? 3 more made free throws and the Lakers win without a big free throw advantage. Seems like the league missed a great opportunity.
Pretty lame argument - big free throw advantage. In the two games so far:
Game 1 Lakers 19 FT to Nuggets 6 (76/24%)
Game 2 Nuggets 17 FT to Lakers 13 (57/43%)

Game 2 was the first time in the Nuggets 10 game streak vs the Lakers that LA didn’t have at least 4 more free throws than the Nuggets. First time in NBA history a team had won vs another team 9 straight games shooting at least 4 less free throws per game.

I’m not drawing conclusions, just stating the facts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Game 2 was the first time in the Nuggets 10 game streak vs the Lakers that LA didn’t have at least 4 more free throws than the Nuggets. First time in NBA history a team had won vs another team 9 straight games shooting at least 4 less free throws per game.

Now tell us the 3 pt differential for the 2 teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you don't understand what the conversation is about...you should ask.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were wrong about blaming Fizdale for the Knicks problems with a challenged roster.

You aren’t wrong that team dynamics don’t work when star players have more authority than the coach, but it is the reality of the NBA today. It isn’t nearly as simple as “taking back control”.

And I would also argue that while the Knicks aren’t good enough to actually win the title this year, I wouldn’t call them a challenged roster.

Look at the players on the court. Literally none of them were playing for the Knicks when we had these discussions.

Brunson is better than anyone could have imagined him being, and they acquired those Villanova guys along with OG who are absolute dogs that any team would want to be high level support players.

Sticking to the very basic concepts behind some of your posts it isn’t wrong. Looking at the details and nuances in between you were wrong on many levels.

And let’s not forget you have called for Thibs to be fired at least 2 dozen times also.

This is about right and wrong and you were 100% wrong about the firing of Fizdale. You said he would not be fired. PERIOD

OMG!!!! Duh that is why I posted that about team dynamics , WTF. You are such a politician.

I agree on paper the Knicks are not a true contender, but they are now because of all the BS created by leflop , who totally controls the league with his arrogance.

and BS on your continuous ignorance on Brunson, did you hear what the head coach’s of elite teams , what they say about Brunson, that he can’t be stopped . Now , granted he’s not hittin his shot like he did. But he’s got time to adjust and the team is up 2 with his uncharacteristic play.

And there you go again , I’m gonna pull a Fred g Sanford on you with ‘ I’m gonna put one across your lips… this roster is made up of a little bit better than average players, the difference here is the coach and what he expects from his players , and he’s getting it CLEARLY. You take what I say about firing thibs totally out of context to get your usual suspects on this board aroused for the gang up.

You’re a well read dude, you just have little common sense when it comes to the game .

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about right and wrong and you were 100% wrong about the firing of Fizdale. You said he would not be fired. PERIOD

OMG!!!! Duh that is why I posted that about team dynamics , WTF. You are such a politician.

I agree on paper the Knicks are not a true contender, but they are now because of all the BS created by leflop , who totally controls the league with his arrogance.

and BS on your continuous ignorance on Brunson, did you hear what the head coach’s of elite teams , what they say about Brunson, that he can’t be stopped . Now , granted he’s not hittin his shot like he did. But he’s got time to adjust and the team is up 2 with his uncharacteristic play.

And there you go again , I’m gonna pull a Fred g Sanford on you with ‘ I’m gonna put one across your lips… this roster is made up of a little bit better than average players, the difference here is the coach and what he expects from his players , and he’s getting it CLEARLY. You take what I say about firing thibs totally out of context to get your usual suspects on this board aroused for the gang up.

You’re a well read dude, you just have little common sense when it comes to the game .
Well I mean when you put it like that. Wait, what?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too would be open to a serious explanation, but it’s going to be difficult because of the point you make.
There is no plausible basketball reason to explain that sizable gap over 2 years of data.

You’re a numbers guy, you know. That kind of a gap tells a story. I have no idea what that story is but it’s so out of whack there’s just no plausible basketball explanation.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no plausible basketball reason to explain that sizable gap over 2 years of data.

You’re a numbers guy, you know. That kind of a gap tells a story. I have no idea what that story is but it’s so out of whack there’s just no plausible basketball explanation.
Yes and for that reason it just gets ignored

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not ever say he would not be fired. You are lying.

I said you were wrong to blame him.

Almost every coach gets fired at some point.

And again, I said the roster was highly flawed. A roster built around Randle and Barrett who were making too much money to get a real star and not good enough to be better than average with.

This is not even close to the same roster. And they lucked into Brunson because again, he turned into something nobody thought he could be.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dude better not give up the top analyst job for the fucking Hornets. If he wants to be HC, at least wait for some other franchise that's not a complete joke
I agree...

But, when he gets fired he can always return to TV.

Herm Edwards did.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ignored this for months as I figured it was bullshit but it’s starting to sound like the tallest building in the United States is going to be built in the OKC. The Mayor keeps saying the City is headed towards getting an all star game. This would be crazy if it gets built.