• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles and another guy might be your best bet.

You have like 50-55 mill in cap space?

Over 60 I believe if they want

More than enough for bridges and Harris imo….but Harris may take less to stay with a team that isn’t hopeless….

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick reminder the Hawks made the ECF in 2020 2021

How many times in NBA history has a team been built around a young star (not superstar)...make a conference finals and then go full Washington Bullets within 2 years?
will say there were some Cavs' fans in a forum I visit who always loved Quinn Snyder and thought he'd be a huge addition and get them back to where they were.

Whoops.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges would be a great get for you guys. The mini me backcourt seems to be a playoff issue.
That's hard to say as our issue in the playoffs was more a no shooter or bench issue.

Wouldn't hate that deal but wonder if Bridges' scoring is more just being on a bad team.....and even on a bad team as option 1 he still does not score much more than Garland.

Guy is not untouchable but not sure why so many think he's such an issue after one playoff appearance on the team with the youngest group of starters in the conference.

Can we get Ingram in a deal for him? OK....that sounds better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridges and somebody for Mitchell.
Might be more inclined to do this but not sure the Nets would......dump Bridges and others is Mitchell going to want to stay there?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the question. Mitchell might be the guy you want to build around.

25-8 since the Mitchell trade w/o Garland. Mitchell and Bridges would be nasty. I highly doubt BKN would do that though.
12-3 without Garland and Mobley.....6-3 without Mitchell.....3-1 without Mitchell, Garland and Mobley.

Hell let's dump them all and start over?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahha! No they don’t. They don’t have a one or a two. Those are the hardest pieces to get and they don’t have assets to land a 1 or 2 either.
I agree.

Thought that was an odd statement.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-3 without Garland and Mobley.....6-3 without Mitchell.....3-1 without Mitchell, Garland and Mobley.

Hell let's dump them all and start over?
those are small samples. 25-8 is over two years with Mitchell. Not exactly a lot of data to work with for your comparisons.

That was the point. You aren't starting over Garland for Bridges. You acquire a young 2-way wing on a great deal.

I am perfectly fine with the current roster, maybe a small move at the deadline...was just a thought. Again, I doubt BKN does it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are small samples. 25-8 is over two years with Mitchell. Not exactly a lot of data to work with for your comparisons.

That was the point. You aren't starting over Garland for Bridges. You acquire a young 2-way wing on a great deal.

I am perfectly fine with the current roster, maybe a small move at the deadline...was just a thought. Again, I doubt BKN does it
He's definitely not untouchable. I trust this FO enough that IF they think a move for Bridges for Garland makes us better then have at it.

Guessing they look at entire season last year and see we were a top 10 O and D, won 51 and finished with the 4 seed. Yeah, got bounced but how many teams with the youngest starters in a conference ever make the playoffs let alone win a round. Guessing they think the pieces we added was what we needed....not to lose someone we did have who we counted on.

Probably also see the 4 man combo of Garland, Mitchell, Mobley and Allen was among the top 4 man combos in the league last year. Add Levert and among the top 5 man combos. Have probably said my other guess is they want to get everyone back and see how they play with more time together (they have not had much with all 4 core 4 playing).....just hope it happens soon to get a good idea what they think should or can be done to make changes.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bwahahha! No they don’t. They don’t have a one or a two. Those are the hardest pieces to get and they don’t have assets to land a 1 or 2 either.
They have a better supporting Cast than the sixers but embiid or maxey

They have a bunch of suns firsts and swaps to play with plus cam Thomas (I’m low man on him but teams seem to keep asking) and will have absurd cap space in the summer of 2025

They have a window to make a move

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a better supporting Cast than the sixers but embiid or maxey
Supporting what?
They have a bunch of suns firsts and swaps to play with plus cam Thomas (I’m low man on him but teams seem to keep asking) and will have absurd cap space in the summer of 2025

They have a window to make a move
These pieces you’re bragging about will be long gone by 2025. DFS will be gone. Royce O’Neal will be gone. Dinwiddie will be gone. They have 3 legitimate pieces on a championship roster and they would be the 3rd, 4th, and 6th piece on a roster in Mikal, Cam Johnson, and Claxton.

That’s a road to nowhere. They should blow it up.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supporting what?

These pieces you’re bragging about will be long gone by 2025. DFS will be gone. Royce O’Neal will be gone. Dinwiddie will be gone. They have 3 legitimate pieces on a championship roster and they would be the 3rd, 4th, and 6th piece on a roster in Mikal, Cam Johnson, and Claxton.

That’s a road to nowhere. They should blow it up.
DFS is signed through 2025-26 (player option actually) and Claxton is a FA this summer.