• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for sure. Just a lot of stuff that withstood the test of time. I know kids right now that listen to classic rock.
See my post above, my kids listen to stuff in all eras like it's now. Streaming makes everything like one jukebox. In our day we had to go buy CDs or cassettes to hear stuff. Now I hear one of them play a Radiohead song and I say 'oh you gotta try this other one' and seconds later it's playing on their phone. My 14 year old daughter started listening to The Great Gig In The Sky off Dark Side of the Moon because she heard it on Tiktok. Just a crazy instrumental with an incredible wordless vocal LOL.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only imagine this guy in the Philippines

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes for sure. Just a lot of stuff that withstood the test of time. I know kids right now that listen to classic rock.

lol

A few years ago when my best friends son was a teenager, I was over at their house when his son comes out of his room telling us we have to hear this awesome band he just discovered.

Then he starts playing Rush 2112....

We bust out laughing and he's looking really confused.

Then we explained that we started listening to Rush and going to their concerts when we were his age. lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

A few years ago when my best friends son was a teenager, I was over at their house when his son comes out of his room telling us we have to hear this awesome band he just discovered.

Then he starts playing Rush 2112....

We bust out laughing and he's looking really confused.

Then we explained that we started listening to Rush and going to their concerts when we were his age. lol
I saw Rush 5 times I think. I liked their early stuff before they went all synthesized. No way 3 guys should be able to make that much sound.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Rush 5 times I think. I liked their early stuff before they went all synthesized. No way 3 guys should be able to make that much sound.

I've seen people actually complain about how many trucks were needed to get all of their equipment from one city to the next. lol

At one point my best friend and I went to a Rush concert 10 years in a tow. They were my sons first concert...was also their last tour.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen people actually complain about how many trucks were needed to get all of their equipment from one city to the next. lol

At one point my best friend and I went to a Rush concert 10 years in a tow. They were my sons first concert...was also their last tour.
If there is a group with 3 musicians who were ranked so highly by their peers I don’t know who it is. I play the bass so I can speak to it a little. Most songs I can practice and learn the song on the bass to some degree anyway. There is very little of what Getty Lee does that I can even try to keep up with. He is unreal.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Memphis without Ja go win in Dallas?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Kobe become the 2nd best player ever?

Prior to him passing, I think most had him 8-10

Been coming some people on twitter ( media/former players) who would take offense because people don't have Kobe top 2

Rashad McCants got into a back and forth with SAS about this because SAS said Kobe isn't top 2

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been coming some people on twitter ( media/former players) who would take offense because people don't have Kobe top 2

Rashad McCants got into a back and forth with SAS about this because SAS said Kobe isn't top 2
First I have heard of this. I do think the current group of players would rank him higher than those of us that saw games further back.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jordan
Kobe

Everyone else

Not counting big men

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I have heard of this. I do think the current group of players would rank him higher than those of us that saw games further back.
I been hearing of it a lot since he passed. Magically became top 3

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been hearing of it a lot since he passed. Magically became top 3
As good as he was on the court when I think of him being gone I always think the same thing. The guy had things figured out and I honestly wonder if we got to see his best.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there's just a subset of players that played against him that say that stuff, but its not like its a large number. I don't really see any respected media members or player analysts doing it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 min report on this Raps/Lakers game gonna be interesting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a group with 3 musicians who were ranked so highly by their peers I don’t know who it is. I play the bass so I can speak to it a little. Most songs I can practice and learn the song on the bass to some degree anyway. There is very little of what Getty Lee does that I can even try to keep up with. He is unreal.
I feel the exactly same way as a drummer, re Neal Peart

They were every good musician's favorite musicians

But I have to go with the consensus on their best work being Moving Pictures which did have plenty of synths. But just the right amount. And Subdivisions might be my favorite song of theirs, synth heavy. The drumming is spectacular on those and so are the other instruments even with the synths

OK done derailing the thread. I'm a music nerd.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See my post above, my kids listen to stuff in all eras like it's now. Streaming makes everything like one jukebox. In our day we had to go buy CDs or cassettes to hear stuff. Now I hear one of them play a Radiohead song and I say 'oh you gotta try this other one' and seconds later it's playing on their phone. My 14 year old daughter started listening to The Great Gig In The Sky off Dark Side of the Moon because she heard it on Tiktok. Just a crazy instrumental with an incredible wordless vocal LOL.
Beatles- I would have to go Abbey Road- the medley is some of the best music ever put together. Kinda crazy Harrison had 2 of the biggest hits on Abbe Road in Here Comes the Sun and Something- So much of it is good though- White Album is incredible.

I dont know about you- but to me one of the biggest differences between Beatles and Stones is- that each Beatles records seemed like its own thing. I mean- Stones were going for so long that you can obviously tell an early song from a later song- but beside Exile on Main, you can kinda move Stones songs around.

Beatles- each Album just has such a specific feel. Rubber Soul, White Album, Sgt. Pepper, Abbey Road, Let It Be.....they def. all have their own feels and throughputs I guess. I would say my 2 favorite "under the radar" Beatles and Stones songs would be Dear Prudence and Get Off of My Cloud.

I would say in undergrad though- the two albums I seemed to here the most were Sublime 40 ounce to freedom and Tom Petty Greatest Hits.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few players including Matt Barnes always had Kobe at top 2. At his peak, you even had Marc Jackson who famously said Kobe will become greatest of all time when it's a
ll said and done during a game against the Suns.

He's not in my top 2, just saying this isn't something people started saying after he passed.