• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I literally just figured out that 22 teams get a 6 day break starting this weekend....mini all-star break not too bad to rest really

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man scratch that I'm being dumb. 3 day break, 4 for some teams

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! I’ll allow it. He’s got scoreboard from the last game. At the same time, somethings going around Sixers locker room. Embiid missed Wednesday for the same reason and they sent assistant coach Bobby Jackson home from the road trip for the same illness.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im super impressed every time I get to check him out. Hes gonna be even better when he starts to fill out the frame.
No question. Honestly I feel a little bad for Wemby. Chet has taken over for ROY for the moment but he has so much more around him. Wemby is being asked to do everything on a team that is horrible. Chet is just doing his part on what is becoming a very good team.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Indy offense is different
Correction: Tyrese Halliburton is different. Wish Morey didn’t have eyes for Harden back in 21-22 and went hard after Halliburton.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question. Honestly I feel a little bad for Wemby. Chet has taken over for ROY for the moment but he has so much more around him. Wemby is being asked to do everything on a team that is horrible. Chet is just doing his part on what is becoming a very good team.
Wemby will be fine. The comparisons will always be a thing with him and Chet but Wemby will have his own growth arc.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction: Tyrese Halliburton is different. Wish Morey didn’t have eyes for Harden back in 21-22 and went hard after Halliburton.
Very true but it seems like they play at such a ridiculously fast pace that they are burnt-out in the 4th. Miami destroyed them in that 4th

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true but it seems like they play at such a ridiculously fast pace that they are burnt-out in the 4th. Miami destroyed them in that 4th
Fair point. I personally think they play that pace because the pieces around Halliburton are subpar defensively. Turner is solid rim protection as an off ball guy but he can be worked as a primary defender.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not as much about elite defense as it is horrific offense.

Defending the athletes at the NBA level is a whole other ballgame.
Agree , but…

Can you elaborate a little further on the second part of your post

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pastafazul

Thibs is an innovator defensively.

After the defensive 3 second rule came to pass, thibs was the first to figure out how to successfully load up on the strong side of the court without violating the rule.

Almost every team uses a variant of Thibs’ original rotation scheme in their base man defense today.
Ok dr fauchi, a variant you say

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree , but…

Can you elaborate a little further on the second part of your post

You can't man up SGA. You can't man up prime Lebron. These guys transcend any kind of defensive look you can throw at them. I'm not saying defense is always on point because it most certainly isn't but the "defense" in college hoops is often mistaken for lack of skill or polish.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't man up SGA. You can't man up prime Lebron. These guys transcend any kind of defensive look you can throw at them. I'm not saying defense is always on point because it most certainly isn't but the "defense" in college hoops is often mistaken for lack of skill or polish.
No doubt. College ball is inferior to pro ball because the quality of player lacks.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

per
No doubt. College ball is inferior to pro ball because the quality of player lacks.
not the point here ..

They watch college ball because the kids play the game the way it’s supposed to be played . Not because they are pro level talented.

The coach still has the reigns , and the kids play with all heart .

That’s what fans want to see imo.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly that is the game today.

I will never accept the fact you can’t man up a stud player .

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13 @WiggyRuss @dtgold88 do Cavs fans regret the Mitchell deal? Watching the team without Mitchell it seems like you get a better Garland, a better Allen, a better Mobley. You’d also still have Markk who has really turned into a great player. Sexton is still likely traded but for a different piece. It seems like the Cavs just went out and acquired a “name” player without any attention to how he fit.
Been away a while because I cannot shake an illness but are times I would undo this deal but if I was offered the chance and had to make a definitive yay or nay to it I still make it.

One thing that is true about Mitchell (DM), for sure, is we are better off playing no DM than the one who is way off that night (like last night) as we know even if way off he will take a lot of shots.

Just not sure what Markk (LM) is on this team as instead of possible option 1 he is option 4 if no deal. I mean, I'm pretty sure if you put Mobley on Utah instead of LM while he might not get 25 he'd go for 20+ and also be around 10-12 rpg with his elite D. I'm find with having better players around Mobley and his scoring less.

Team went from 44 wins to 51 and made playoffs for first time with DM so hard to call it a bad deal so soon......sure, went down too soon in playoffs but with the guys they have added (Niang and Strus) I like our chances against that NY team for sure. we'll see what they do rest of this season.