• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other day to Davis.

This is known.

But he has a ring and the Clippers don't.

So he good with me....lol

Some of it is overblown because of injuries. Overall though, it's a combination of factors.

Some of this falls on AD. He needs to be more assertive/aggressive about demanding the ball. It's good that he'll concentrate on defense and let his teammates handle the offense when they're hitting shots. But he needs to demand the ball when they're not.

Some of this falls on his teammates. He's a primary scoring option, but he's not a primary ballhandler. They need to not forget about him in the offense and imo, should start each half with a heavy dose of AD the first few trips down the floor. Shaq wasn't a primary ballhandler either, but he had no problem making sure his teammates got him the ball. AD needs to be a little more like that.

Getting everyone back and on the same page will help some...but it still needs to be made a point of emphasis by both AD and the guys on the floor with him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling the same about Wiggins, who is an inferior player of course but one who has shown the ability to be really good but not the inclination to be that all the time.
His body type and athleticism reminded me a lot of Kobe.

But, not his motor or heart.

If you combined their skill with Westbrook's engine and drive, my GAWD.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 actually. Reddish, Rui, Vando and Vincent. All would positively impact the team defense.
Lakers might want to ease up on signing the Heat's diamonds in the rough if Gabe continues to have a Kendrick Nunn type 1st Season.

It's still early.

But damn.....

Nothing to show for that signing and D Lo disappears as much as Davis sometimes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is overblown because of injuries. Overall though, it's a combination of factors.

Some of this falls on AD. He needs to be more assertive/aggressive about demanding the ball. It's good that he'll concentrate on defense and let his teammates handle the offense when they're hitting shots. But he needs to demand the ball when they're not.

Some of this falls on his teammates. He's a primary scoring option, but he's not a primary ballhandler. They need to not forget about him in the offense and imo, should start each half with a heavy dose of AD the first few trips down the floor. Shaq wasn't a primary ballhandler either, but he had no problem making sure his teammates got him the ball. AD needs to be a little more like that.

Getting everyone back and on the same page will help some...but it still needs to be made a point of emphasis by both AD and the guys on the floor with him.

Are we really putting any blame for this loss on AD? 17/11/1 block in 32 minutes and the Lakers punted the game with 8 minutes left by emptying their bench. Not a top game of course, but easily within reach of his 21/12 2023 averages and 23/11 career averages had they finished out the 4th.

The rest of the team continuously failing to pressure the ball and blow defensive assignments as well as block out responsibilities is a much more accurate concern. Ham's allergy to using timeouts properly doesn't help.

Getting healthy will help get players into proper roles. Christie stepped in for Reddish admirably, but is still a step down at this point. Rui and Vando will help keep Wood's (and hopefully Lebron's) minutes down. Vincent will give the backcourt at least some semblance of defense (not a strength for Reaves or of course DLo) so that it's not all on Reddish.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers might want to ease up on signing the Heat's diamonds in the rough if Gabe continues to have a Kendrick Nunn type 1st Season.

It's still early.

But damn.....

Nothing to show for that signing and D Lo disappears as much as Davis sometimes.

He's only played what, 4 games? I'm not going to pass judgement until he gets back on the court.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His body type and athleticism reminded me a lot of Kobe.

But, not his motor or heart.

If you combined their skill with Westbrook's engine and drive, my GAWD.
Westbrook going to be like the great horse Secretariat after he is gone. They will find out he had a motor like 4 times bigger than normal. I still say he is the best pure athlete to ever play in a league of athletes. I’m not his biggest fan but that is what I liked watching about him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we really putting any blame for this loss on AD? 17/11/1 block in 32 minutes and the Lakers punted the game with 8 minutes left by emptying their bench. Not a top game of course, but easily within reach of his 21/12 2023 averages and 23/11 career averages had they finished out the 4th.

The rest of the team continuously failing to pressure the ball and blow defensive assignments as well as block out responsibilities is a much more accurate concern. Ham's allergy to using timeouts properly doesn't help.

Getting healthy will help get players into proper roles. Christie stepped in for Reddish admirably, but is still a step down at this point. Rui and Vando will help keep Wood's (and hopefully Lebron's) minutes down. Vincent will give the backcourt at least some semblance of defense (not a strength for Reaves or of course DLo) so that it's not all on Reddish.

I'm not. He could maybe have demanded the ball earlier in the game. But he certainly isn't why they lost. Not even close.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. He could maybe have demanded the ball earlier in the game. But he certainly isn't why they lost. Not even close.
Do you think they are keeping D Lo?

If Gabe gives you....... ANYTHING....I could see Dlo getting shipped to the Bulls for one of their guys.

He hasn't been awful.

Just disappears for long ass stretches.

HBK playing better doesn't help his cause either.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Wings are 4th in the East and just grabbed Kane up

Pistons who?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can’t ever see blaming one person for anything in a loss like that. That’s team thing, almost all teams have one like that in a season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Gabe gives you....... ANYTHING....I could see Dlo getting shipped to the Bulls for one of their guys.

He hasn't been awful.

He would definitely need to be flipped for a PG (at least as part of the package).

What does HBK Shawn Michaels have to do with this lol?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He hasn't been awful.

My guess is that he will be part of a trade. As you said, he hasn't been bad, but he disappears at times. That wouldn't be so bad if he made up for it on defense like AD does when he's not scoring, but he doesn't.

It can be frustrating because he has stretches where he looks like someone they should absolutely keep...then follow it with a long disappearance.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD played fine, tbh, but the Lakers are not a good team and some of their supposed stars got exposed last night.

They are a better team than last season at this same time.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 actually. Reddish, Rui, Vando and Vincent. All would positively impact the team defense.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet