• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no worries

Malika has caught a lot of shit at times for no reason.

Since you mentioned the racial aspect of it I can sometimes be aloof when it comes to that stuff because I truly don't think about it much. My POV is much different than that of a biracial woman where race feels more of a factor in how she feels she's (and is treated)treated id suspect.

I offended one of my sons friends mother's the other day because she was explaining her feelings on a racial situation on the field that happened with the school we were playing but different grade and I remarked "thats fucked up but the coaches I spoke to in this grade were cool" I didn't mean to come off as insensitive and there is no place for racism anywhere but I genuinely didn't stop myself to think how it would come off.

I don't know. I wish we could all just treat each other with respect and the dignity we all deserve. As does Malika.
Yeah, I'm not biracial.

But both my daughters are.

It makes me sad to say this...

But most of the racism they get comes from other black people.

So, I can be over sensitive to the issue.

I am a grown ass woman and I almost got into a fight in Wal-Mart a few years back because this lady called my daughter a Chiquita Banana.

I'm super petty when it comes to my kid...lol

As for your situation, all we can do is try to be empathetic.

I'm not great at it either when it's not a topic that affects me directly.

Just last week I was irritated that my coworker didn't want to participate in the potluck.

She wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and said it was a day of mourning.

She's Navajo.

I felt like an insensitive asshole.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Polanksi even being mentioned? A 44 year old raping a 13 year old is not remotely the same situation as Giddey's.
Because I find it to be both funny and entertaining. Hyperbole is my favorite.

Stay tuned…I’ve got jokes about the prophet Muhammad too. He also liked the little girls.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not biracial.

I am a grown ass woman and I almost got into a fight in Wal-Mart a few years back because this lady called my daughter a Chiquita Banana.

As for your situation, all we can do is try to be empathetic.

I'm not great at it either when it's not a topic that affects me directly.

Just last week I was irritated that my coworker didn't want to participate in the potluck.

She wouldn't eat, wouldn't drink and said it was a day of mourning.

She's Navajo.

I felt like an insensitive asshole.

ah yea gotcha. That's interesting. Have a few cousins with biracial kids and my buddy that just died was biracial (so his kids are like 25% black I guess) and he and I had a great conversation about about this very topic. I did say I'm generally not aware of race because most of the time it's either very diverse (at work at school stuff for son) or it's mostly all white (where I live..although oddly my section of the block is very diverse)

but anyway I said I've been in situations where I was damn near the only white guy there (detroit/baltimore) and the reactions to me were always pretty mixed but it's also the only times I've been hyper aware of it...and I don't think a lot of white people have had that experience so they don't get it. I grew up in a diverse neighborhood and went to a diverse school so I just always accepted everyone was different I guess.

Of course until you're one of two white guys on six mile and a one armed handicapped drug dealer wants to fight you (This literally happened lol)

But yea i was definitely a little taken off guard by the mothers reaction because I just naturally assumed we were cool like that...idk. whoopsie.

I can definitely respect your position on being defensive of your kids and how society sees them and interacts...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah yea gotcha. That's interesting. Have a few cousins with biracial kids and my buddy that just died was biracial (so his kids are like 25% black I guess) and he and I had a great conversation about about this very topic. I did say I'm generally not aware of race because most of the time it's either very diverse (at work at school stuff for son) or it's mostly all white (where I live..although oddly my section of the block is very diverse)

but anyway I said I've been in situations where I was damn near the only white guy there (detroit/baltimore) and the reactions to me were always pretty mixed but it's also the only times I've been hyper aware of it...and I don't think a lot of white people have had that experience so they don't get it. I grew up in a diverse neighborhood and went to a diverse school so I just always accepted everyone was different I guess.

Of course until you're one of two white guys on six mile and a one armed handicapped drug dealer wants to fight you (This literally happened lol)

But yea i was definitely a little taken off guard by the mothers reaction because I just naturally assumed we were cool like that...idk. whoopsie.

I can definitely respect your position on being defensive of your kids and how society sees them and interacts...
Yeah, you definitely understand why a black person might be a little nervous/uncomfortable in a room full of white people...lol

But please....

I am BEGGING you to tell us more about the one armed drug dealer...lmfao

Why did he try to two..., well one piece you?

Lmfao

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I find it to be both funny and entertaining. Hyperbole is my favorite.

Stay tuned…I’ve got jokes about the prophet Muhammad too. He also liked the little girls.
Dude...stop.

Extremist fucks have already beheaded one teacher.

I got nothing against Muslims nor any religion.

But fuck all extremists.

Black, white, brown, Republican and Democratic...fuck em all.

Especially the Swifties, Bee Hive and little monsters.

But no need to rile the fuckers up and point them in your direction.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible outcome of the Giddey situation we may need to prepare for is that nothing else is ever said, officially anyway. I think with every passing game he plays, if he does, this is more likely.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers play Denver.

I have absolutely nothing to look forward to today.
No Murray and the Clippers playing better lately.

I have a little something something on Clipps.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you definitely understand why a black person might be a little nervous/uncomfortable in a room full of white people...lol

But please....

I am BEGGING you to tell us more about the one armed drug dealer...lmfao

Why did he try to two..., well one piece you?

Lmfao

long story short I was tied up with a bad crowd my first few years of adulthood and we all had this really fantastic idea of buying weed in toledo and selling it in Detroit (because it cost more). I was more the financier of the operation and I was getting off work (just got paid) and my cousin picked me up and we headed to Detroit.

Now what was supposed to happen was we bought a pretty decent amount of weed and I'd have no money on me aside from like a hundred bucks but what instead happened was I ended up with like 600 bucks on me still. The even better part was we were supposed to stop at his condo in Detroit (he lived downtown) and I was gonna change. Instead my cracker ass and my cousin went straight to six mile to meet some dude and I'm walking around ghetto ass detroit in khakis and a dress shirt looking like the whitest dude on earth.

I mean obviously everyone asked who the fuck is this guy and Mr one arm took particular offense to my presence. So here I am...white dude in khakis with 600 bucks and a bunch of weed in a highly dangerous Detroit neighborhood with this ridiculous weed flipping scheme that could've gotten me killed.

Needless to say I abandoned the idea entirely.

There were several other dicey scenarios up there and I refused to leave downtown after that lol.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One possible outcome of the Giddey situation we may need to prepare for is that nothing else is ever said, officially anyway. I think with every passing game he plays, if he does, this is more likely.
Good, let's keep it to the court.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not biracial.

Don't even get me started, momma.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know you and @Black Adam have been subjected to this nonsense as well.
Lol I'll keep it short, but mine got it from both sides...

High Yella by black, uppity n___a by whites. Racism/prejudice is and has always been ignorance to me. And yeah, I could go on forever, so I'm stopping right now...

Back to sports... :D

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long story short I was tied up with a bad crowd my first few years of adulthood and we all had this really fantastic idea of buying weed in toledo and selling it in Detroit (because it cost more). I was more the financier of the operation and I was getting off work (just got paid) and my cousin picked me up and we headed to Detroit.

Now what was supposed to happen was we bought a pretty decent amount of weed and I'd have no money on me aside from like a hundred bucks but what instead happened was I ended up with like 600 bucks on me still. The even better part was we were supposed to stop at his condo in Detroit (he lived downtown) and I was gonna change. Instead my cracker ass and my cousin went straight to six mile to meet some dude and I'm walking around ghetto ass detroit in khakis and a dress shirt looking like the whitest dude on earth.

I mean obviously everyone asked who the fuck is this guy and Mr one arm took particular offense to my presence. So here I am...white dude in khakis with 600 bucks and a bunch of weed in a highly dangerous Detroit neighborhood with this ridiculous weed flipping scheme that could've gotten me killed.

Needless to say I abandoned the idea entirely.

There were several other dicey scenarios up there and I refused to leave downtown after that lol.

Lmfao!!!!!

This could have been a Dave.Chappelle skit....lol

I have spent time in both Toledo and Detroit.

The sketchy parts make DC look like Park Avenue.

Glad you retired, Dope Man...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I'll keep it short, but mine got it from both sides...

High Yella by black, uppity n___a by whites. Racism/prejudice is and has always been ignorance to me. And yeah, I could go on forever, so I'm stopping right now...

Back to sports... :D
Dude, I have watched Blue Beetle on HBO Max a few times over the Holiday and the shits actually pretty good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,121.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's awesome and didn't realize we had so much in common.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, let's keep it to the court.
I actually think they will at minimum do the old generic...

We found no evidence of wrongdoing.

But will reassess if new info becomes available.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao!!!!!

This could have been a Dave.Chappelle skit....lol

I have spent time in both Toledo and Detroit.

The sketchy parts make DC look like Park Avenue.

Glad you retired, Dope Man...lol

my cousin started out as a wannabe and then became the real deal unfortunately. He's doing 25 years now. I left behind most of those guys. Several died. Several in jail. It's nuts I was even associated with them honestly. But I most certainly never really belonged in that group

Toledo has bad spots for sure but nothing like Detroit. When we were doing our nonsense we lived near Central Toledo which is a total shithole. My gf refused to stay there anymore and thats basically why I quit hanging out with all them much. I went to college and stopped smoking weed altogether. I've smoked it maybe 3 times since.