• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bev pickup is a lockerroom changer as well. A very underrated addition. Joel is a heck of a player but he's just not a Jimmy Butler kind of guy...Tobias is kinda goofy..Bev is a leader despite his skill limitations.
That was a really good pickup.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Bev pickup is a lockerroom changer as well. A very underrated addition. Joel is a heck of a player but he's just not a Jimmy Butler kind of guy...Tobias is kinda goofy..Bev is a leader despite his skill limitations.
And who knew that all along the Sixers could solve their issues with wings by signing Kelly Oubre for the minimum. It’s still early though. Outside of the game the officials handed the Bucks, the Sixers haven’t really played anyone yet.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who knew that all along the Sixers could solve their issues with wings by signing Kelly Oubre for the minimum. It’s still early though. Outside of the game the officials handed the Bucks, the Sixers haven’t really played anyone yet.

Oubre is a bucket when his head is screwed on right. He was horrendous in GS. But for what you all needed he was a good fit. But hes also playing well above his mean right now. Maybe he's finally realizing his potential (I can't argue its coaching when he had Kerr). but more likely he has a few games you want to punch a TV over and his Offenisve BPM drops some.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre is a bucket when his head is screwed on right. He was horrendous in GS. But for what you all needed he was a good fit. But hes also playing well above his mean right now. Maybe he's finally realizing his potential (I can't argue its coaching when he had Kerr). but more likely he has a few games you want to punch a TV over and his Offenisve BPM drops some.
Young and dumb. When he was a Warrior that was their dog shit year that netted them the pick that became Wiseman. Oubre has played on really shitty teams. So if the message was you can’t shoot on every touch that’s not gonna sink in when you’re playing alongside really shitty talent.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young and dumb. When he was a Warrior that was their dog shit year that netted them the pick that became Wiseman. Oubre has played on really shitty teams. So if the message was you can’t shoot on every touch that’s not gonna sink in when you’re playing alongside really shitty talent.

The Oubre year was after the real bad one. Wiseman was on that team. Klay missed the whole season. Curry played 63 games

Which again is why I laugh my ass off if anyone puts Curry on a Lebron or MJ level.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s under section H. Grabbing the net caused unnatural motion, vibrating and shaking the hoop. That’s where this falls under.
I saw that, the net was most certainly not grabbed at all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre has been almost too good to be true early in Philly. I expect him to come back to earth a bit, but they now have more options at the 3 spot.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the L2M ruling, we can put this to bed now. No mention of net touching.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early season returns for both the '6ers and Celtics are similar in that...
  • Both are getting W's
  • Both haven't beaten a really good team yet
Still... strong starts. You can only play who's in front of you.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oubre has been almost too good to be true early in Philly. I expect him to come back to earth a bit, but they now have more options at the 3 spot.
Ideally, they add to this team so that Melton and Oubre can come off the bench. It hasn’t been since Sweet Lou Williams that the Sixers have had a bonafide scorer they can bring off the bench. Oubre would look great in that role and on a hot night his minutes can get bumped up to 30 and they can close with him. Melton…Oy. Some guys are just built to be bench players. As a starter, Melton looks overwhelmed. He seems to be the only Sixer I can point to and say he’s had a disappointing start.

I no longer want to deal Tobias Harris. My instincts said that he would benefit when Harden was gone but I never dreamed he would be this solid. He’s perfect for this squad. He only needs 10-12 shots to get you 18-20 points. He’s huge when the offense goes 2-3 bad trips in a row for him to stem the tide, get to one of his spots on the floor and finish.

Saw a great tweet today. Sixers fans are fired up and excited for this squad despite the fact that we all know this ends brutally again in the 2nd round. We’re sick in the head.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early season returns for both the '6ers and Celtics are similar in that...
  • Both are getting W's
  • Both haven't beaten a really good team yet
Still... strong starts.
Sixers Celtics on Wednesday night.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Philly to challenge for a title this year, but I want to see them moving forward as a team from the Harden and Simmons eras, and the early results so far are surprisingly good. There is enough talent there to compete and be an above average squad right now.

Harris looks dramatically better in a Nurse offense. Just a lot more natural opportunities for him as a scorer in this offense.

I think I agree that Melton would be better as a sixth man than a starter, but now 2 guard is like their shallowest position it seems. They need him there for now. They could play Jaden Springer or one of their small forwards there but don't have great options.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers Celtics on Wednesday night.
200w.gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect Philly to challenge for a title this year, but I want to see them moving forward as a team from the Harden and Simmons eras, and the early results so far are surprisingly good. There is enough talent there to compete and be an above average squad right now.
Ever since his injury shortened year, Embiid has won 50 games a year (save the Covid reduced season). They’re going to be regular season great. They need two more starters to go with Maxey Embiid Harris and they can make some noise.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker out again. Went from ankle to calf now lol

I'm getting clippers vibes from them. Those guys going to be out a lot and going to lead to them probably getting a 4-6 seed and not getting to the conference finals