• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t even care about that if they can talk ball. But they have tried and they can’t.

Yeah, it's not like anyone tries to run them off, you just have to know the game. If you come in trying to act like you know the game and you don't, pretty good chance you're going to get lit up by those who do.

I don't visit or post on the hockey boards because I'm about as casual a hockey fan as it gets. I check the Kings record during the season and if they're in the playoffs, I'll watch games if they don't conflict with something else...so I'm sure as heck not going to go to the hockey boards and try to post like I know hockey.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the post trade deadline power rankings thread. Here are my power ratings going into playoffs.

So here’s what I’m thinking going into the playoffs:
East
1. Celtics
2. Sixers
3. Bucks (if Giannis is healthy)
4. Knicks (if OG is healthy)
5. Pacers
6. Cavs
7. Heat
8. Orlando
9. Hawks
10. Bulls

West:
1. Nuggets
2. T’Wolves
3. Thunder
4. Mavs
5. Clippers
6. Suns
7. Lakers
8. Warriors
9. Pelicans
10. Kings

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew this was coming this morning lmao
Well, if you watch the Lakers consistently you know he is definitely part of the problem.

Just like we all know you're going to post hype articles about the Thunder.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you watch the Lakers consistently you know he is definitely part of the problem.

Yeah, not buying the "it's Hams fault" narrative. It's lazy.

Last season they struggled until Pelinka made deadline moves that changed an ill fitting roster and they got AD and Lebron healthy. Then made a run to the WCF. I don't recall many, if any, complaints about Ham then. In fact, if memory serves, he was being praised for keeping them in striking distance until Pelinka made the roster changes.

This year, AD and Lebron have been mostly healthy, but they've had important rotational players like Vando and Vincent (among others) miss significant time. Since the ASB, they have been mostly healthy and had, I believe, the 2nd best record since the ASB. But. AD got hurt early in the last game and missed last night.

It's almost like a team wins more games when they have a roster that fits and are healthy.

Not saying that Ham is great and hasn't/doesn't make mistakes. But injuries have had far more to do with their struggles than Ham.

Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches of all time...what did the Lakers do when they had him, Kobe and not much else?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not buying the "it's Hams fault" narrative. It's lazy.

Last season they struggled until Pelinka made deadline moves that changed an ill fitting roster and they got AD and Lebron healthy. Then made a run to the WCF. I don't recall many, if any, complaints about Ham then. In fact, if memory serves, he was being praised for keeping them in striking distance until Pelinka made the roster changes.

This year, AD and Lebron have been mostly healthy, but they've had important rotational players like Vando and Vincent (among others) miss significant time. Since the ASB, they have been mostly healthy and had, I believe, the 2nd best record since the ASB. But. AD got hurt early in the last game and missed last night.

It's almost like a team wins more games when they have a roster that fits and are healthy.

Not saying that Ham is great and hasn't/doesn't make mistakes. But injuries have had far more to do with their struggles than Ham.

Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches of all time...what did the Lakers do when they had him, Kobe and not much else?
The rotation to end the 3rd was nasty but not the reason the warriors won. Warriors being red hot from 3 last night was why and that had very little to do with poor coaching…just one team being red hot from 3

It happenz

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Articles laced with facts. Just the truth.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rotation to end the 3rd was nasty but not the reason the warriors won. Warriors being red hot from 3 last night was why and that had very little to do with poor coaching…just one team being red hot from 3

It happenz
Only a team that could match the shooting had a prayer against the Warriors last night. Only 2 other such teams exist.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It happenz

It especially happens when you're playing the Warriors and Steph and Klay get going. Seems like that gets everyone else going too. Shit, what was Draymond last night from 3...5 for 5? When was the last time that happened. lol

Considering how well the Warriors shot from 3 and no AD for the Lakers...they actually hung around within striking distance until about the end of the 3rd. If memory serves, the lineup at the end of the 3rd, cut the lead to 6...then the Warriors hit like three 3's in a row. That's when I knew there would be no comeback. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Lakers a lot lol. Nothing about Ham when AD was playing well and they were hot. Now one game where AD doesn’t play and the other team shoots the lights out and it’s the coach again.
Im pretty sure you and I watch them more than he does and not even trying to be funny

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It especially happens when you're playing the Warriors and Steph and Klay get going. Seems like that gets everyone else going too. Shit, what was Draymond last night from 3...5 for 5? When was the last time that happened. lol

Considering how well the Warriors shot from 3 and no AD for the Lakers...they actually hung around within striking distance until about the end of the 3rd. If memory serves, the lineup at the end of the 3rd, cut the lead to 6...then the Warriors hit like three 3's in a row. That's when I knew there would be no comeback. lol
I actually had a feeling at halftime that the Lakers would come back. And they did a few times but then the Warriors just kept making 3 after 3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch the Lakers a lot lol. Nothing about Ham when AD was playing well and they were hot. Now one game where AD doesn’t play and the other team shoots the lights out and it’s the coach again.

As @msgkings322 pointed out...if AD is playing, it's advantage Lakers. If not...it's advantage Warriors. AD is the one guy they have no answer for.