• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is amazing is how he puts himself in position to get those calls. No one in the league can do what he does driving to the basket. Slow it down and watch, pretty much all fouls.

100 percent of the time

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Max Stus at only 39.6% seemed odd so I looked up his numbers on b-ballref-.com.

According to that site he's shooting .406 from the field and .338 from downtown.
Neither of those are good.

Now, that Merrill kid is special when it comes to shooting the ball.....at a fraction of the cost Strus makes too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington will be a big upgrade on Grant Williams. Gafford always seemed like an energy guy and he can match up against other bigs off the bench. Two nice additions.

I don’t see where Giddey fits into this OKC team unless he floats into a role of leading the second unit as a point forward type. He will need to improve his shooting, certainly possible. Dort improved his shooting but he was also an elite defender. So he brings multiple facets to this starting lineup. Giddey is the piece that doesn’t fit. That’s why you trade some assets for a guy that does fit and they will be set for the future.

Experience matters too, OKC is ahead of the timeline now. I felt the same about CLE last year.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington will be a big upgrade on Grant Williams. Gafford always seemed like an energy guy and he can match up against other bigs off the bench. Two nice additions.

I don’t see where Giddey fits into this OKC team unless he floats into a role of leading the second unit as a point forward type. He will need to improve his shooting, certainly possible. Dort improved his shooting but he was also an elite defender. So he brings multiple facets to this starting lineup. Giddey is the piece that doesn’t fit. That’s why you trade some assets for a guy that does fit and they will be set for the future.

Experience matters too, OKC is ahead of the timeline now. I felt the same about CLE last year.
The Lively / Gafford combo is going to be something we aren’t used to around here and I’m pretty damn excited to see how it develops.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If it didn’t work guys wouldn’t have been doing it for the last 60 years.
I can see how people dislike Luka, even hate lol. Same with Jokic, Lebron, MJ, Duncan, Kobe…the list goes on.

Those foreigners do seem to bitch a lot

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yep. Sell high on Giddey while you can

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 was pretty whiney in his prime, I mean his career

1707602542673.jpeg

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raps are going youth movement at guard by trading Schroder to the Nets and releasing Dinwiddie.

They also avoided his 1.5m bonus by waiving him

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes them even dumber for the trade

not sure what the nets are doing minus saving money there and not paying dinwidide his bonus

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct, he doesn’t fit. He will never thrive on this team. He is talented enough to have his moments because he is an elite passer. He is also ahead of the curve on knowing how to use his size to take advantage of smaller guards. His skillset demands he have the ball in his hands more and that is not happening in this team. I fully expect him to be moved this summer, and doing so backs up all the financial stuff a year because he will be extension eligible. Someone will pay him more than it would be wise for the Thunder to do since they are a couple years away from having 3 max guys.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, he doesn’t fit. He will never thrive on this team. He is talented enough to have his moments because he is an elite passer. He is also ahead of the curve on knowing how to use his size to take advantage of smaller guards. His skillset demands he have the ball in his hands more and that is not happening in this team. I fully expect him to be moved this summer, and doing so backs up all the financial stuff a year because he will be extension eligible. Someone will pay him more than it would be wise for the Thunder to do since they are a couple years away from having 3 max guys.
I mean if he did improve his shooting and doesn’t demand big money, could he slide into a 6th man role leading the second unit? I see that as the only option other than trading him

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean if he did improve his shooting and doesn’t demand big money, could he slide into a 6th man role leading the second unit? I see that as the only option other than trading him
I don’t see it as an option honestly, he is seldom on the floor to close games as it is. Wallace is already filling that role most nights. He should command a decent return though from someone that will let him have the ball a bit.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I think he will be moved is that Wiggins and Joe both have one more year on their deals. Giving them new contracts after this season makes sense because they both are looking like they can be high level contributors on a very good team. With 3 max guys they are going to have to have guys like that locked up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those are good. <--

Now, that Merrill kid is special when it comes to shooting the ball.....at a fraction of the cost Strus makes too.

Are you sure?

That Merrill kid. He's a damn good shooter.

Oh yeah...

Cavs > Lakers :heh:

celtics in three!!!

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll go out on a limb and just say Nico won that trade. So we actually got something out of Grant Williams after all.