• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ the Eagles for moving up to take a backup TE when they obviously needed WR and Secondary help.

here's hoping for another failed draft for the "draft guru".

Dallas needs a big, giant Nose Tackle to play in the upcoming 3-4 defense.

Switching to a 3-4 next year? No need to keep Quinn and Bennett then IMO (better fits in the 4-3).

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners biggest need as of now
Interior O-Linemen
DB's. Mostly at safety

I could see trying to add to the
WR. corps.
ILB
RB. I read somewhere where the Niners might not bring back Coleman and Brieda

I've already brought up C Tyler Biadasz and OG Ben Bredeson

I need to see more out of him, I thought those fatties Whoregon threw out there during the Rose Bowl were bull rushing Tyler pretty good and was getting man handled at times. Its footwork he will learn but I want to see if does.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see how he looks like after he hits one of these QB guru camps before the combines.
These guys always have their mechanics tweaked by these QB whisper's and they do add some zip to some of these QB's arms. And they really get in their heads as well when they hit the film room and talk about throws and why they did that.
to me that is the #1 attribute people should look at when looking at QB. QB Intelligence.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to see more out of him, I thought those fatties Whoregon threw out there during the Rose Bowl were bull rushing Tyler pretty good and was getting man handled at times. Its footwork he will learn but I want to see if does.
I tried to watch him every opportunity I could this season.
Seemed often that teams didn't line up a NT right across from him.
Most mocks I saw over the course of the season(I know I know) had him around the middle of the 1st round. I always saw him as a late 1st rounder to mid 2nd rounder
I think he's a good fit for SF. He can pull very well and seems to have little trouble engaging players at the 2nd level

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch him every opportunity I could this season.
Seemed often that teams didn't line up a NT right across from him.
Most mocks I saw over the course of the season(I know I know) had him around the middle of the 1st round. I always saw him as a late 1st rounder to mid 2nd rounder
I think he's a good fit for SF. He can pull very well and seems to have little trouble engaging players at the 2nd level

I want to see just a little more "nasty" out of him. I think he will slim down a little once he hits and NFL camp and learns how to eat just a little better.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati has to take Borrow, right?

I mean how do you skip over this kid?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati has to take Borrow, right?

I mean how do you skip over this kid?

It's a tailor-made pick. Played high school in Ohio (his hs stadium was just re-named after him), originally went to Ohio State, transfers and blows up for LSU just as Cinci tanks for #1. Might've been a more interesting decision had Tua stayed healthy, but he seems a lock at this point. He won basically every honor available this year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tailor-made pick. Played high school in Ohio (his hs stadium was just re-named after him), originally went to Ohio State, transfers and blows up for LSU just as Cinci tanks for #1. Might've been a more interesting decision had Tua stayed healthy, but he seems a lock at this point. He won basically every honor available this year.

It is but it does make you wonder that might over think this way to much and take someone else...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers need to trade back into the 2nd for some more picks. They don't have a pick in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round thanks to Sanders and Ford

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is but it does make you wonder that might over think this way to much and take someone else...
I've seen some chatter about scenarios if the Bengals decided to trade back because they have holes at nearly every position on the team, but this is just too easy of a pick. The only way I could possibly see it making sense is if they know Dalton is gone and Ryan Finley starts next year. They could trade back and load the roster up in this draft at other positions with high-end talent, and wait until next year and draft Fields or Lawrence. Even that happening seems basically impossible, though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some chatter about scenarios if the Bengals decided to trade back because they have holes at nearly every position on the team, but this is just too easy of a pick. The only way I could possibly see it making sense is if they know Dalton is gone and Ryan Finley starts next year. They could trade back and load the roster up in this draft at other positions with high-end talent, and wait until next year and draft Fields or Lawrence. Even that happening seems basically impossible, though.

In all likely hood they should take the biggest bidders proposal and run with the extra picks they get.
I am sure they would be plenty of bitching and moaning for not taken the next golden child QB the league will ever see.
But they could build this back the right way with the picks and fill more needs plus could still end up with a franchise QB out of the draft that could be just as good or even better then Joe!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all likely hood they should take the biggest bidders proposal and run with the extra picks they get.
I am sure they would be plenty of bitching and moaning for not taken the next golden child QB the league will ever see.
But they could build this back the right way with the picks and fill more needs plus could still end up with a franchise QB out of the draft that could be just as good or even better then Joe!
I actually don't disagree with this at all. My guess is they could get a king's ransom, and they need basically an entire roster makeover, more or less.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't disagree with this at all. My guess is they could get a king's ransom, and they need basically an entire roster makeover, more or less.

Yep!

But in this case you have a struggling franchise that will cave to give the fans what they want and of course more butts in the seats and take the hometown kid!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep!

But in this case you have a struggling franchise that will cave to give the fans what they want and of course more butts in the seats and take the hometown kid!
Funny thing is, they could trade back and would likely be in great position to grab Justin Fields next year. He's not from Ohio, but we definitely love him here. But they will take Burrow basically guaranteed. I just hope they don't waste his talent by surrounding him with shit and expecting him to elevate the team by himself.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, they could trade back and would likely be in great position to grab Justin Fields next year. He's not from Ohio, but we definitely love him here. But they will take Burrow basically guaranteed. I just hope they don't waste his talent by surrounding him with shit and expecting him to elevate the team by himself.

Or Lawerance !

They could very easily haul in a large deal and use this draft this year and next to gain some quality players and rebuild this thing the right way.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Lawerance !

They could very easily haul in a large deal and use this draft this year and next to gain some quality players and rebuild this thing the right way.
Oh they could, but they're the Bengals. Also, their fans definitely wouldn't see it that way and would probably riot if they had a chance to grab Burrow and passed on it.

Honestly, it's not like grabbing Burrow is necessarily a bad choice. I think he's going to be a fantastic pro, and they do have all of their picks, which are all the first of each round. Still, it's not a bad choice to try and trade back and build the team up even more with two very high end QBs likely available next season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Browns -

A FUCKING HEAD COACH

Otherwise, here is how I'd love to see the draft go:
1. Isiah Simmons, S/LB Clemson
2. Prince Tega Wanogho, OT Auburn
3. Antoine Winfield, S Minnesota
3. Lucas Niang, OT TCU
4. Jonathan Greenard, EDGE Florida
6. KJ Hill, WR Ohio State
7. Mitchell Wilcox, TE South Florida
Simmons would be a huge get.....seems like a great player AND fills a need.