• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2019 NFL Free Agency/Trade Thread

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are about as bad as NW...losing credibility fast slow down son...you do realize that you are siding with a guy who says Miami never offered Bridgewater a contract when the world reported it right? Only because it ruins his argument. I'm out anyway better things to do than argue with fools on a Saturday night...
link that they did

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here bud you are right , you were critical of gase. But as you call me out, you have neglected to reply to the other half of my comments in this posts, so for your viewing pleasure , i will back up my statemnts on the things you are ignoring
I said that you are a liar show me where I said Fins had great Management or coaching. Come on or be a liar. You are famous for this...

You have to remember even with horrific coaching and key injuries they still ended up 7-9. Not as far off as you'd think but they definitely have some holes. If they hit in the draft they could fill most but Ross has already said that they won't reach in FA so next year they may take a step back to retool.

Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant were impressive before they went on IR and Drake and Ballage are a good 1 2 punch. Oline needs a OG and it will be better. Gesicki was a rookie there's promise there. QB we'll see what they do but is obviously key. On D they need DE especially if Harris doesn't step up. Wake may not return. Could use another DT and CB but most teams have a few holes. I'd draft a DE first round if it were me...

I said that they could take a step back before they improve but there is talent there. When you add those explosive guys to their offence they were successful. Things fell apart when they went down. Lots of speed when added to Stills. Drake's a good back that can catch and Ballage can pound it plus break away. I like the group and in my opinion you don't need a super star back there sure it's nice but not mandatory. Of course I'm optimistic but I've never said contender as they are still building...

I can't get the link to paste on my phone but I think you underestimate what some of these guys did this year. Wilson had two TD's of over 50 yards Grant had 3 with two being on ST's. Drake and Ballage also had one. Overall Fins led the league and that was with Wilson and Grant missing a lot of games. This is why I'm optimistic that this team could bounce back with better coaching and less injuries to key players. Not saying super bowl but improvement is definitely possible...

I trust my eyes and his stats... you are posting an article before the season??? You said those guys were overrated after I claimed they were explosive and the Fins missed them. I showed you in limited games facts that prove my case...

As I told you they spread the ball around between Stills, Grant, Wilson and Amandola it was working until the injuries or took two out. Parker was supposed to be a part of it but he's a bust no heart. Gore was great but Drake and Ballage were fantastic down the stretch when Gase actually used them. Gase was the biggest problem... I'm not sure why you have a hard on for Drake he simply wasn't fed enough that's on idiot Gase...

Gase would say ballage was unstoppable in practice but wouldn't play him until Gore went down total idiocy...

No worries everyone can have their opinion but I see every play where other fans don't. Once the Fins lost Wilson and Grant they lost their pop on offence. Allowed teams to key on Stills and the others. Meanwhile the run game was good look at the averages all over 4 ypc and ballage over 5. Yet Gase would go pass happy... due to this I can see improvement is possible although I do agree depending on who's the QB. If a rookie that struggles it could go sideways.

excuses, explosiveness, improvement etc

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a joke. Your sources didn’t have any offer from the Dolphins. Also to show how full of shit you are you characterized a fictional offer as a fair offer, as if seen the offer.:pound:
funny enough i found a listed offer in the first link i clicked

well the first offer, nothing for the second. Except that it was more than the saints, and if the phins bumped it 1-2 mill more the saints would have to bow out......per an espn writer which sounds like a bs report

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny enough i found a listed offer in the first link i clicked
Yeah I see that now. 10 million for two years. Fair offer.:pound: No mention of guarantees or such. FlyerFinFan didn't have a clue if there really was a offer or not, but by god it was a fair one.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a joke. Your sources didn’t have any offer from the Dolphins. Also to show how full of shit you are you characterized a fictional offer as a fair offer, as if seen the offer.:pound:
OK so the whole meeting was made up in your world gotcha. It was reported by NFL network but made up. Armando claims Bridgewater countered with 16 M plus incentives to leave but that's made up. Armando said that the Fins offered more than NO which is fair but stuck to their offer so as not to overpay but none of this happened it was all made up by me. Gotcha. And who's living in a dreamworld.... Comical.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK so the whole meeting was made up in your world gotcha. It was reported by NFL network but made up. Armando claims Bridgewater countered with 16 M plus incentives to leave but that's made up. Armando said that the Fins offered more than NO which is fair but stuck to their offer so as not to overpay but none of this happened it was all made up by me. Gotcha. And who's living in a dreamworld.... Comical.
You had your mind made up that Bridgewater got a fair offer without know any thing about the offer. The Saints deal he can make up to 12,5 million and 7.5 guaranteed, for one year. Your homer bias was loud and clear.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here bud you are right , you were critical of gase. But as you call me out, you have neglected to reply to the other half of my comments in this posts, so for your viewing pleasure , i will back up my statemnts on the things you are ignoring

excuses, explosiveness, improvement etc
Where did I say coaching and management were excellent as you just lied about? Otherwise I do stand by my teams assessment. Of course things do change over FA but where did I exaggerate? You make no sense...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see that now. 10 million for two years. Fair offer.:pound: No mention of guarantees or such. FlyerFinFan didn't have a clue if there really was a offer or not, but by god it was a fair one.
That was a first offer it then said they came back with a second offer higher than NO...can you not read? Plus opportunity to start....but means nothing in your world.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whose armando

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this @FlyerFinFan

Teddy Bridgewater is making a bizarre free agency decision — the rational one

Bridgewater looked at the big picture and made a decision that set himself up for the long term. He decided to return to the New Orleans Saints rather than join the Miami Dolphins, who had a bigger offer on the table, according to NFL Network’s Jane Slater. It was the type of rational decision we’re not accustomed to seeing during free agency.

At first, Bridgewater’s choice seems like a foolish one: Why return to being a backup when he could start for Miami? But taking the starting role for the Dolphins doesn’t mean much when they could easily draft a quarterback in the first round in 2019. When first-round quarterbacks enter a facility, they tend to start, no matter who else is there. Only two of the last 22 first-round quarterbacks failed to start in their rookie year (Patrick Mahomes, Jake Locker). Bridgewater wisely doesn’t want to subject himself to those odds. He already tried that in 2018 when he lost the job to the New York Jets’ 2018 first-round pick, Sam Darnold.

So he’ll bypass that uncertainty by returning to New Orleans, where coach Sean Payton has openly stated that Bridgewater is the quarterback of the future. Bridgewater has found the most stable gig that the NFL has to offer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say coaching and management were excellent as you just lied about? Otherwise I do stand by my teams assessment. Of course things do change over FA but where did I exaggerate? You make no sense...
again, you fail to acknowledge things. i say right in that post i was wrong? can you not read?

but yes, you talk about about how great they are, you denied that yesterday, then today, you cant even acknowledge that part of my posts. Your the typical read what you want, agenda fits what you want, name call, sling shit, deflect poster........numerous people have called you out. But its not you, its everyone else

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just wanna know what armando said, its gold, whatever he says is gold

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whose armando
Armando Salguero Miami Herald writer who fancy himself as a Dolphin insider.:rolleyes2:

Here his take on the new GM for the Dolphins.

And now Chris Grier is fully in charge of the organization’s moves. He is the King of the realm. It’s his baby.

King Grier.

He doesn't brown nose or anything for his contacts does he.?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FlyerFinFan listen to this sound pod cast.

They characterize the Dolphins efforts at signing Bridgewater and Taylor as half hearted. This is from your guy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this @FlyerFinFan

Teddy Bridgewater is making a bizarre free agency decision — the rational one

Bridgewater looked at the big picture and made a decision that set himself up for the long term. He decided to return to the New Orleans Saints rather than join the Miami Dolphins, who had a bigger offer on the table, according to NFL Network’s Jane Slater. It was the type of rational decision we’re not accustomed to seeing during free agency.

At first, Bridgewater’s choice seems like a foolish one: Why return to being a backup when he could start for Miami? But taking the starting role for the Dolphins doesn’t mean much when they could easily draft a quarterback in the first round in 2019. When first-round quarterbacks enter a facility, they tend to start, no matter who else is there. Only two of the last 22 first-round quarterbacks failed to start in their rookie year (Patrick Mahomes, Jake Locker). Bridgewater wisely doesn’t want to subject himself to those odds. He already tried that in 2018 when he lost the job to the New York Jets’ 2018 first-round pick, Sam Darnold.

So he’ll bypass that uncertainty by returning to New Orleans, where coach Sean Payton has openly stated that Bridgewater is the quarterback of the future. Bridgewater has found the most stable gig that the NFL has to offer.
OK so first of all you've argued all day that the Fins didn't make an offer. Whoa what happened here yet I'm making all of this up? You'd think that is receive an apology but no worries I don't need it just cut the crap next time we have a discussion. Be rational...

Secondly you assume that the Fins are 100% drafting a QB in the first round. Perhaps if they signed Bridgewater they may pass as they have a few other important needs along the lines. Most in Miami want the lines addressed first unless of course someone they really wants drops to 13. Most mocks don't see this happening especially if zona goes QB. Either way it's speculation. Again if Bridgewater was confident he could earn the job if not in Miami elsewhere. He's now boxed himself in wasting another year especially if NO doesn't need him in 2020 or finds someone else. Anyway no use beating a dead horse...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, you fail to acknowledge things. i say right in that post i was wrong? can you not read?

but yes, you talk about about how great they are, you denied that yesterday, then today, you cant even acknowledge that part of my posts. Your the typical read what you want, agenda fits what you want, name call, sling shit, deflect poster........numerous people have called you out. But its not you, its everyone else
What are you talking about you are all over the place. First you BS and claimed that I said Miami had great Management. I never said that. I was rushed for time tonight but back everything I said in my posts about Miami. Yes players like Wilson, Drake, Stills, Grant, etc...have breakaway speed. There was plenty of examples on offence and ST look them up. It also affected the team when over ten guys went on IR they simply don't have the depth to handle that most teams don't. Probably one of the major reasons to retool. Just because players aren't household names doesn't make them scrubs. Was Conner a scrub for the steelers? Of course not but most people only know Bell. What do you not understand???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just wanna know what armando said, its gold, whatever he says is gold
He's a Miami reporter usually knows the facts. I don't always agree on his opinions but he's pretty spot on for details. Either way he's not going to lie about a contract offer and ruin his rep. Sorry but you guys have lost your minds it is what it is...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a Miami reporter usually knows the facts. I don't always agree on his opinions but he's pretty spot on for details. Either way he's not going to lie about a contract offer and ruin his rep. Sorry but you guys have lost your minds it is what it is...

They had a sound pod discussing Dolphins QB think they called effort to sign Bridgewater as half hearted.