• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 18 game season

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it if they give them two bye weeks.

Just limit the pre-season to a few weeks and it probably wouldn't impact the calendar length of the season much, if at all.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it if they give them two bye weeks.

Just limit the pre-season to a few weeks and it probably wouldn't impact the calendar length of the season much, if at all.

Killing a preseason game gets you one week, and killing the off week before the superbowl makes room for a second bye.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killing a preseason game gets you one week, and killing the off week before the superbowl makes room for a second bye.
If you replace a pre-season game with a regular season game, you would start the season in August, so why not play Labor Day weekend?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can they fool people saying the health of the players matters?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making the pre-season games part of the season ticket packages. Oh, the owners won't like it? Fuck 'em. There are a lot more fans than owners.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop making the pre-season games part of the season ticket packages. Oh, the owners won't like it? Fuck 'em. There are a lot more fans than owners.
Let's have a civil forfeiture of the franchises and draw a single fans name out of the season ticket holders to be the new owner of each team.

The league would start getting better again instantly.

These current owners have been smelling their own farts too long and getting it spooned back to them by National broadcast media. Time for something new.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's have a civil forfeiture of the franchises and draw a single fans name out of the season ticket holders to be the new owner of each team.

The league would start getting better again instantly.

These current owners have been smelling their own farts too long and getting it spooned back to them by National broadcast media. Time for something new.
1709570522775.png

I'm not wanting to see random fans running a multi billion dollar team. I understand the complaints, but I wouldn't recommend handing the keys to the franchise to a Joe Blow.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean you want to eat their shit with them or that you agree that the shit they've been eating is getting really gross?

That means I wouldn't want to hand a billion dollar franchise to Joe Six Pack. You've read some of the ideas posted on here and other sports message boards before. I'll stick with the owners and systems as they currently stand, even though there is a lot to complain about. I'll take those guys over some random fan. Just my opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means I wouldn't want to hand a billion dollar franchise to Joe Six Pack. You've read some of the ideas posted on here and other sports message boards before. I'll stick with the owners and systems as they currently stand, even though there is a lot to complain about. I'll take those guys over some random fan. Just my opinion.
It's not rocket science. It's stale. They can't even market it to their core fans anymore, they have to try to market it to people that care less instead.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The system works by adding one more game.

But in my view, we should STOP adding more games. It is bad for the health of the players and hurts the quality of the rosters. They should already have two bye weeks. Adding one more game, only increases the demand for at least two bye weeks and expanding the roster to include more backups. It's a big win for corporations, but not so much for the players.
Expanded rosters gets more players money. Yes it's a lot less than the starters money but more than practice squad money.
The health of players is important but injuries happen during TC, preseason games and weeks 1 through SB. It's the nature of the game and players know that. NFL should also expand practice squad numbers.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. 2 preseason games, 2 bye weeks and add additional roster spots. I also believe they should make the bye weeks a 4 week affair. IE 4 divisions off week 6 and 12 and 4 other divisions off weeks 7 and 13. Something along those lines would probably be a more competitive balance as opposed to what they have now. For the additional roster spots, they could give teams the ability to protect several of their practice squad players and make it easier to move them in and out of the active roster. Preseason isn't as much of a big deal as it was back in the day, teams have been playing the lower part of their camp players and younger guys that need reps for years, so that wouldn't hurt anybody's feelings as far as I can tell. I do not see any of this happening until the next CBA is agreed on, so it will be a while.
That's a good idea on bye weeks and agreed on the next CBA.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not rocket science. It's stale. They can't even market it to their core fans anymore, they have to try to market it to people that care less instead.
As far as I’ve heard, the NFL has never been more popular and profitable. I’m not sure why they need to change anything.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
59 starting QBs by week 16 last season.

That's a lot of garbage for fans to watch.

The taylor swift fans can't tell the difference so it doesn't matter about the quality of the product.

Even Taylor said herself she should have started watching sooner, despite claiming to be an Eagles fan because of her father. That's code for "she liked the logo".

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I’ve heard, the NFL has never been more popular and profitable. I’m not sure why they need to change anything.
They had to accept gambling to keep their hardcore fans interested. They had to accept pop stars to get anyone else interested. They aren't selling the game itself. They are failing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Taylor said herself she should have started watching sooner, despite claiming to be an Eagles fan because of her father. That's code for "she liked the logo".
Eagles fans waited 40, 50, 60 years for a championship in 2017...

This broad starts watching in 2020, lol.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanded rosters gets more players money. Yes it's a lot less than the starters money but more than practice squad money.
The health of players is important but injuries happen during TC, preseason games and weeks 1 through SB. It's the nature of the game and players know that. NFL should also expand practice squad numbers.
Yes, but injuries INCREASE the longer the season goes along.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding roster sizes from 53 to 57 would be great news for all those project players who 'might' develop into something 2 or 3 years down the line, but rarely ever do. Even more of them could suck up money from the gravy train.