• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 18 game season

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should go to two off weeks even before they consider adding an 18th game.

I agree. NFL fans don't appear to be disappointed in a longer season. They could either end the season later in February (which I think is not a good idea as home games later in the winter aren't good for some cities), or just start the season a few weeks earlier. I'd love for them to have maybe 2 preseason games the first few weeks of August, take another week off to solidify the roster, then start on August 22nd, with the rest of the teams starting their season on August 25th. With an 18 game season and 2 bye weeks that would have the playoffs starting on January 12th.

Wild Card Round: around January 12th
Divisional Round: around January 19th
Conference Championship: January 26th
Super Bowl: February 9th

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. NFL fans don't appear to be disappointed in a longer season. They could either end the season later in February (which I think is not a good idea as home games later in the winter aren't good for some cities), or just start the season a few weeks earlier. I'd love for them to have maybe 2 preseason games the first few weeks of August, take another week off to solidify the roster, then start on August 22nd, with the rest of the teams starting their season on August 25th. With an 18 game season and 2 bye weeks that would have the playoffs starting on January 12th.

Wild Card Round: around January 12th
Divisional Round: around January 19th
Conference Championship: January 26th
Super Bowl: February 9th
Where do you draw the line? Robot players? Half human robot hybrids? 162 game season played all year long?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you draw the line? Robot players? Half human robot hybrids? 162 game season played all year long?
Wow! Let’s go from 40 mph to 150 mph!

That’s A LOT of hyperbole in wondering if robot, hybrid players will have a 162 game football season if we start having 18 games seasons. Ha ha ha

Let’s stick with the 18 games right now. What’s so bad about it? (Besides your fear that it will turn into 162 games played by robots or mutant human cyborg players)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Let’s go from 40 mph to 150 mph!

That’s A LOT of hyperbole in wondering if robot, hybrid players will have a 162 game football season if we start having 18 games seasons. Ha ha ha

Let’s stick with the 18 games right now. What’s so bad about it? (Besides your fear that it will turn into 162 games played by robots or mutant human cyborg players)
They will put you in at room temp, boil you and you wouldn't even notice.

I'll still answer your question because I'm an honest, good guy. Each game is currently .37% worse than it was at 16 games. Move to 18 games and each game is an additional .33% worse than it already was. That's .70% worse in just a short amount of time and that's without counting any other negative changes, just the manipulation of the season length.

You won't notice. You don't have the capacity to notice, and that's why they'll do it to you.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll still answer your question because I'm an honest, good guy. Each game is currently .37% worse than it was at 16 games. Move to 18 games and each game is an additional .33% worse than it already was. That's .70% worse in just a short amount of time and that's without counting any other negative changes, just the manipulation of the season length.

You won't notice. You don't have the capacity to notice, and that's why they'll do it to you.

You're missing the part where it's inevitable. They didn't go to 17 without the intent of evening that out at 18.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're missing the part where it's inevitable. They didn't go to 17 without the intent of evening that out at 18.
No, I put the math right in there. I showed both steps down.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cripples aren't typically the rich ones. For example, the Rams only have 14 players making more than $1M per. The median salary in the NFL is 860K and the average NFL career is 3.3 years.
What NFL players really need is a proper labor negotiator.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sorry, I don't understand where you're getting your numbers from. Is this some formula you created yourself, or did you get it from something else?

On top of that, it is just .37% worse? If we measure that number in dollars, at $1, that would be $.0037. It's 1/3 of a penny. Even at .70%, it would still be 2/3's of one penny. With that math, I'm not sure why you think adding an extra game is the beginning of the end for the NFL. :noidea:

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once played 18 games of pickleball in like 8 or 9 hours. Took a taco bell break somewhere there in the middle.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NFL players really need is a proper labor negotiator.
the real problem is they cater only to their stars.
These guys get paid so outrageously, it makes the role players suffer. (& fringe players)
The big names wont ever give up their money for the better good of all players. So until that is addressed I dont think any new labor negotiators are gonna do any better.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to think of fringe players suffering on $795K+ per year contracts, (2024). Hard to think of PS players suffering when they can earn $216K, (2023 figure), where they are. It's the stars that generate the money. I'm not saying it's a perfect system or that improvements couldn't be made.