• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

That's the Season

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way you give up on a season where you are 2-2 and tied for the division lead. The schedule is tough, starting with New England, but I've seen bigger upsets. The Cowboys are at home, will be playing desperate, and will have some players back. They will need to be plus 2 or 3 in turnovers and maybe have a defensive or special teams score, but stranger things have happened in the NFL

That's one thing that has been frustrating. Every time we get a turnover...it's not. Either there was a penalty or a dropped Int or a review that goes against us. Not to play the what if game, but if those turnovers we thought we had went our way the last 2 weeks we would be 4-0. Those turnovers are huge.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, lol at Butler not scoring because he hurt himself. And lol at Saints winning on a play where the 3rd string LB was in because of injuries. This season is a joke with injuries. They are directly costing us games.
I'm not really going to blame Wilson. I thought he played well (still reminds me of another Hitchens), but yeah I guess he let him get around and by him. Spiller does run by a lot of guys though. I really didn't even see a replay. Was he in motion, split out or just come out of the backfield? There was a lot of confusion by our D on that play. Don't forget Church missing the Tackle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one thing that has been frustrating. Every time we get a turnover...it's not. Either there was a penalty or a dropped Int or a review that goes against us. Not to play the what if game, but if those turnovers we thought we had went our way the last 2 weeks we would be 4-0. Those turnovers are huge.
You're right, it's every week. Last night, right off the bat, Patman had one that looked like something I'd soft toss my 5 year old hit him right between the numbers, and hedrops it . We finally get a pick, and it's wiped out by penalty

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we did go deep more than once and completed one.
If I remember right we went deep to Williams over thrown, then went back to three yard passes, until very late in the game. The defense us stacking the box daring us to go deep.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want an average or a little above average defense. It seems to have been missing for 20 years.
I think we have that. we will look back and say we are "average" at worst and hopefully "above average". If everyone gets and stays healthy we should have the pass rushers and the LBs. Our secondary isn't great, but they have been OK and will look better with more pressure. If we can get someone on the DL to plug the run up the middle better and hold the edge on the outside runs I think things will turn up for us.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are in denial. The cowboys probably be 2-6 by the time we get romo and dez back... 8-8 would be best case. The defense problem is zero pass rush. Where is crawford and lawrence? Randle stinks.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are in denial. The cowboys probably be 2-6 by the time we get romo and dez back... 8-8 would be best case. The defense problem is zero pass rush. Where is crawford and lawrence? Randle stinks.
Without Romo, Dez, Hardy, McClain, Gregory, Collins, and Lee for half last night, the Cowboys lost a come from behind game to 4-0 Atlanta and an Overtime game on the road. With guys coming back starting today, I'm not waving the white flag on the next 4. NE will be tough, but the rest, including Seattle here, look very competitive to me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has a lot of talent coming back. Now about that running game....a conditional 5th for Matt Forte?

Heard they want a 2nd or 3rd. I like Forte, but he is a FA after this year. Can't throw away a high pick like that and pay him that salary this year and lose him IMO and don't see us giving him a big contract to keep him.

A lot of our OL was hurt all offseason. I think they step it up in the next couple of weeks and get back to where we were last year. Even T Smith and Martin who were amazing last year haven't been quite as good as they were. Free hasn't been consistent at all (a few whiffs each game) and looks like those feet are in cement sometimes, but hasn't been horrible. Now that everyone is healthy I'd start giving Collins practice snaps at RT again to see what he has there. Frederick and then the Leary/Collins combo have probably the best so far. OL is so damn hard though. Like CB you can make one mistake a game and that is often all people remember.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's please end the street experiment. My god. It takes a real dumb ass to run a route out of bounds. I told everyone on here that randle is no better than a backup. We need Michael to get the chance. I hope butler hammy not serious as he was the only receiver to get separation

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, it's every week. Last night, right off the bat, Patman had one that looked like something I'd soft toss my 5 year old hit him right between the numbers, and hedrops it . We finally get a pick, and it's wiped out by penalty
That was bad, I couldn't believe he missed that and Gachkar had one too.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they want a 2nd or 3rd. I like Forte, but he is a FA after this year. Can't throw away a high pick like that and pay him that salary this year and lose him IMO and don't see us giving him a big contract to keep him.

A lot of our OL was hurt all offseason. I think they step it up in the next couple of weeks and get back to where we were last year. Even T Smith and Martin who were amazing last year haven't been quite as good as they were. Free hasn't been consistent at all (a few whiffs each game) and looks like those feet are in cement sometimes, but hasn't been horrible. Now that everyone is healthy I'd start giving Collins practice snaps at RT again to see what he has there. Frederick and then the Leary/Collins combo have probably the best so far. OL is so damn hard though. Like CB you can make one mistake a game and that is often all people remember.
If that's the case, pass on Forte, too much, though he would be great here. Yeah, I was disappointed in Smith last night. A couple of times replay caught him giving a poor effort, no excuse

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Romo, Dez, Hardy, McClain, Gregory, Collins, and Lee for half last night, the Cowboys lost a come from behind game to 4-0 Atlanta and an Overtime game on the road. With guys coming back starting today, I'm not waving the white flag on the next 4. NE will be tough, but the rest, including Seattle here, look very competitive to me
It is hard to watch these games especially the injuries. I do agree that the defense will be better when those guys return. Let's hope the hole is not to deep to climb out of

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right we went deep to Williams over thrown, then went back to three yard passes, until very late in the game. The defense us stacking the box daring us to go deep.
Didn't we complete like a 50 yard pass that would have been a TD but Butler hurt his hammy and went OB?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do we have to run a fade in the endzone to Terrance Williams and have it fail before we realize he's not Dez?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times do we have to run a fade in the endzone to Terrance Williams and have it fail before we realize he's not Dez?
That was very poor play calling IMO. I know (even though a little longer) that's kind of the play we scored on, but on 4th down a guy diving into the corner of the end zone isn't exactly how you dial it up. Where was the pass to Witten or Escobar in the middle of the end zone? Or the dump off to Beasley at the 4 that he turns up and tries to get in? It was almost like they noticed something watching film during the week and decided ahead of time they were going to do that and didn't change their strategy once it wasn't clicking.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K... I overreacted. The season isn't over. We are however in a difficult situation now. That was a huge loss.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K... I overreacted. The season isn't over. We are however in a difficult situation now. That was a huge loss.
Much better. Nothing wrong with over reacting as long as you come down off the cliff after you thought it through...:suds:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas just needs to get healthy, as 8-8 will probably win the East. And maybe when the other teams quarterback hits you in the numbers, catch it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we complete like a 50 yard pass that would have been a TD but Butler hurt his hammy and went OB?
That's one of the late game passes I eluded too. I'm not saying the team needs to go Air Coryell, but they need to take their shots down field when the D crowds the LOS.
What's the worse that can happen? Throw int's and lose?