• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas vs BYU

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WTF mate? I thought the Mccoy/Shipley era of Texas was over. That was an awesome snag Shipley made tonight.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the Box Score of this game...

TEXAS
1. Passing: C. McCoy 7/8 57 yards
1. Rushing: M. Brown 14 car 68 yards
1. Recieving: J. Shipley 3 rec 39 yards

lmao just wierd

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Texas team has some great YOUNG players - and I think we can safely say the Gilbert era is over.

I know most of you haven't actually analyzed Texas and the plays they run....but when this team learns and masters this offense, they will be near impossible to stop. The schemes and playcalling is just genius.

If this team is healthy near the end of the season, they are going to be a beast.....

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Texas team has some great YOUNG players - and I think we can safely say the Gilbert era is over.

I know most of you haven't actually analyzed Texas and the plays they run....but when this team learns and masters this offense, they will be near impossible to stop. The schemes and playcalling is just genius.

If this team is healthy near the end of the season, they are going to be a beast.....

Lol

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baby steps...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baby steps...

We are taking baby steps.

But if you actually chart the plays.....look at how the scheme takes advantage of the defense, and the mismatches it produces. We were literally a few missed blocks from a lot of huge plays.

Once the team has a full grasp of the offense and executes......they will be VERY hard to stop. What they are right now is not what I expect to see by the end of the season.

This offense was designed to create mismatches for a team that was not athletically superior to most of their opponents. The play designs are just brilliant.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way, Star. He might not start against UCLA, but he will see playing time. Don't forget about the Simms/Applewhite days.

He was so God awful last night and every time I would think he was done, MB would put back out in the field. Clueless.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they were both pretty good.

Yes, Simms had his moments, but when he would look like dog shit, MB would leave him in while the game would slip away. Colorado game sound familiar?

BTW, I think Ogando has had a very good year, but he's too damn tired to be a plus in the playoffs, if we make it. I hope Washington leaves him in the pen.

That's the way baseball go.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Simms had his moments, but when he would look like dog shit, MB would leave him in while the game would slip away. Colorado game sound familiar?

BTW, I think Ogando has had a very good year, but he's too damn tired to be a plus in the playoffs, if we make it. I hope Washington leaves him in the pen.

That's the way baseball go.

I don't think he's tired, he's still throwing hard as hell. His problem is hitters have figured him out, you gotta have more than a fastball and slider to be a starter. If he works on that changeup then next year I expect him to put up numbers like he did before the AS break.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's tired, he's still throwing hard as hell. His problem is hitters have figured him out, you gotta have more than a fastball and slider to be a starter. If he works on that changeup then next year I expect him to put up numbers like he did before the AS break.

He just can't paint the corners like he did before the AS beak. And yes, he throws that FBall way to much and not near enough offspeed stuff. He could learn from Holland.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just can't paint the corners like he did before the AS beak. And yes, he throws that FBall way to much and not near enough offspeed stuff. He could learn from Holland.

Sure some of it has been command issues, but he's also getting shelled quite a bit on good pitches. They're just anticipating all his pitches. Same with Nefty earlier this year. He was getting rocked when he was throwing nothing but fastballs.