• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Texas @ So Cal 8:30 ET FOX

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, SC has no bye weeks... whirlpools gonna be busy this week in southern Cali boys n girls.

If I'm an SC player I use my wet towel to snap USC's AD in the face with it after my ice bath tonight...
USC couldn't run the ball, that was because Texas played a great defensive game. USC need to get back to running the ball next weekend.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? What the fuck are you talking about? Your team is the one that lost to a "high school" team todsy, not Sam Darnold and USC. The Cornhuskers need to get rid of Mike Riley. Talking about a guy with an IQ below 80.
I think I just aged 10 years but a V is a V :suds:

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind, SC has no bye weeks... whirlpools gonna be busy this week in southern Cali boys n girls.

If I'm an SC player I use my wet towel to snap USC's AD in the face with it after my ice bath tonight...

Yeah.... NO kidding. Not sure WHY that happened. Makes no sense at all.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking a fight? Are you paranoid?

I've made massive compliments to your team and Texas throughout the game.

I congratulated both, and you came in and stabbed a "you got beat by a high school team" kind of nonsense.

Own it.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After WMU & tonite ... lol

so long as we're undefeated we've got a chance

Ohio State 2002 won the championship despite a lot of very close wins over much lesser opponents, and that was in the BCS era, when only the top 2 made it, not the top 4

If we're undefeated, we'll be in. If we're a 1 loss pac 12 champion, the chances are very good. Anything other than that, and people will start to look at quality of victory.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had my first three post of a troll thread I was going to start all planned out if Bevo won this game. Damn you Texas! :mad2:

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so long as we're undefeated we've got a chance

Ohio State 2002 won the championship despite a lot of very close losses, and that was in the BCS era, when only the top 2 made it, not the top 4

If we're undefeated, we'll be in. If we're a 1 loss pac 12 champion, the chances are very good. Anything other than that, and people will start to look at quality of victory.
Yeah, well, looking at a rather soft schedule left, you may have somewhat of a point ... but, in light of what I've seen in these three weeks, if SC plays erratic like this, good luck with playoff thing at the end.

So far, SC hasn't played to the hype and, certainly, doesn't look like a #4 team in the country. But, it's USC ... I get it.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made massive compliments to your team and Texas throughout the game.

I congratulated both, and you came in and stabbed a "you got beat by a high school team" kind of nonsense.

Own it.
Yes you did make massive compliments to both team in your comment #567. I was asking you a question in my comment #570, "we're you making fun of your team for losing today"? Then in your next comment, you rank on Sam Darnold and his IQ.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you did make massive compliments to both team in your comment #567. I was asking you a question in my comment #570, "we're you making fun of your team for losing today"? Then in your next comment, you rank on Sam Damon and his IQ.

Who is Sam Damon?

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well, looking at a rather soft schedule left, you may have somewhat of a point ... but, in light of what I've seen in these three weeks, if SC plays erratic like this, good luck with playoff thing at the end.

So far, SC hasn't played to the hype and, certainly, doesn't look like a #4 team in the country. But, it's USC ... I get it.
as i said in the post you found funny, we'll have to play much better than we did tonight if we want to get a chance.

but USC does have a history of starting somewhat slow and picking up our game about a third of the way through the season. just look at last year. we started 1-3 and finished on a 9 game win streak, and were being talked about as the team nobody wanted to play. We didn't make the playoffs, and rightfully so with 3 losses - but nobody was thinking about the way we had stumbled in September.

So far this year, we've had two subpar games that were closer than they should have been but neither one resulted in a loss. By the time the playoffs are selected, everyone will have had close calls, and the ones later in the season will be fresher than the ones at the beginning.

Getting that 1 in the win column instead of the loss column is by far the most important thing this early in the season. Style points will matter more later on.