• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros in the 2023 ALCS October 15-23

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t ever want to hear ANYONE question any other poster who badmouths Bochy. 1st and 2nd, nobody out in the bottom of the 9th, and a guy up who cannot buy a hit. And the best hitter on the team is on deck. Ask any manager in baseball if they would put runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and give Corey Seager a chance to win (or at least tie) the game.

Bochy is a joke.

They walk him in that scenario

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on…Bochy has not shown he is a great manager. He won his last World Series 10 years ago. What bothers me the most is he knew before the trade deadline that his bullpen was not good enough. Can’t imagine anyone in this organization felt comfortable with the bullpen.
What was he supposed to do? He doesn’t make the trades. If the FO doesn’t give him the bullpen arms he needs what do you suggest he should have done? I imagine he would rather not use Chapman but what are his other options? Personally I would pink-slip the whole peninsula November 6.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it bochys job to trade players?
I didn’t say it was his job. He has a major say on what he feels he needs to give the team the best chance to be successful. Obviously he felt Chapman and Stratton was enough to bolster the bullpen when we all knew that was not enough

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say it was his job. He has a major say on what he feels he needs to give the team the best chance to be successful. Obviously he felt Chapman and Stratton was enough to bolster the bullpen when we all knew that was not enough
Or possibly the FO couldn’t get him what he ask for and traded for what they could get. I doubt Chapman was in the top 5 choices

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What was he supposed to do? He doesn’t make the trades. If the FO doesn’t give him the bullpen arms he needs what do you suggest he should have done? I imagine he would rather not use Chapman but what are his other options? Personally I would pink-slip the whole peninsula November 6.
I believe he has a say. I am sure he confers with C.Young on these matters and is given possible options that are available. I loved tge trade for Monty. It made sense but to trade for a 39 year old injury prone Scherzer who is been on the downsize for several years made no sense.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They walk him in that scenario
And then we have the bases loaded with only 1 out. You’re trading 1 out for 2 chances to win the game or at the very least tie it. Semien is hitting .159 in the playoffs and hasn’t even been remotely close to getting a hit. He is the very definition of the perfect person to have sac bunt the tying run over to 3rd.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Or possibly the FO couldn’t get him what he ask for and traded for what they could get. I doubt Chapman was in the top 5 choices
That trade was made a month before the deadline. He was ok in July if my memory serves me well. I wonder if Bochy/Maddux/Young felt Chapman was decent enough in July that they didn’t need to do much with the bullpen at the deadline. I think we all on here felt we needed at least a couple of more bullpen arms.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then we have the bases loaded with only 1 out. You’re trading 1 out for 2 chances to win the game or at the very least tie it. Semien is hitting .159 in the playoffs and hasn’t even been remotely close to getting a hit. He is the very definition of the perfect person to have sac bunt the tying run over to 3rd.
Thank You. Baseball has forgotten the bunt

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade was made a month before the deadline. He was ok in July if my memory serves me well. I wonder if Bochy/Maddux/Young felt Chapman was decent enough in July that they didn’t need to do much with the bullpen at the deadline. I think we all on here felt we needed at least a couple of more bullpen arms.
Yeah we did.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he has a say. I am sure he confers with C.Young on these matters and is given possible options that are available. I loved tge trade for Monty. It made sense but to trade for a 39 year old injury prone Scherzer who is been on the downsize for several years made no sense.
He tells them he needs multiple starters to shore up the rotation and they go after what starters were available. Who else was available that you would have pursued?

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He tells them he needs multiple starters to shore up the rotation and they go after what starters were available. Who else was available that you would have pursued?
Since they traded with the Mets I would have tried to have conversations about 30 yr old lefty Joey Luchessi who pitched well in relief or Jose Butto a young 25 year old righty who posted pretty decent numbers.
We got Stratton with Monty so I felt we could of got an additional reliever with Scherzer

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually I would have asked Sl.Louis about 29 yr righty Ryan Helsley. He has had 2 very good years in a row now.
Not saying he was even available but I would have asked St.Louis about his availability

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Actually I would have asked Sl.Louis about 29 yr righty Ryan Helsley. He has had 2 very good years in a row now.
Not saying he was even available but I would have asked St.Louis about his availability
Maybe C.Young did inquire on him but he definitely would have been better than Stratton.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a gut punch

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t ever want to hear ANYONE question any other poster who badmouths Bochy. 1st and 2nd, nobody out in the bottom of the 9th, and a guy up who cannot buy a hit. And the best hitter on the team is on deck. Ask any manager in baseball if they would put runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and give Corey Seager a chance to win (or at least tie) the game.

Bochy is a joke.
If they have Marcus bunt they just walk Seager
And take the at out of his hands

Question other moves but Marcus needed to bat
They just did not get the timely hits they were paid to do

I am not married to Bochy but this loss is just tough to swallow

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an easy catch but thought they would get more

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I i commented without seeing you and the other guys post. I agree with him but with Marcus moving the runners over they just walk Corey then you are depending upon Carter and likely Robbie and hope for no DP.
Not a good baseball move IMO.

Sorry for all the die hard Ranger fans especially on this board who are lifers
Maybe we can get a miracle but that is a hard one to come back from but to me it does seem like a curse and if so maybe karma bites back

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that this was the first game Leclerc's mother got to see him pitch in person.