• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

texas nabs Jr's OL coach

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Wickline is now the OL coach for the texas.

Thoughts?

Good get for Mr. Strong IMO.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great hire for Texas. Mack tried to get him before. One of the very best in the nation.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on to your jimmies, Texas is trying to buy a program.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting if UT steals coaches from around the conference and then it expects to not suffer any consequences when the conference schools are voting on issues in the future. Texas can create a lot of hard feelings if it isn't careful. They have to consider that when making immediate decisions. And yes, it IS different when dealing with Texas because they are already perceived to be the bully in the room......fair or not.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be interesting if UT steals coaches from around the conference and then it expects to not suffer any consequences when the conference schools are voting on issues in the future. Texas can create a lot of hard feelings if it isn't careful. They have to consider that when making immediate decisions. And yes, it IS different when dealing with Texas because they are already perceived to be the bully in the room......fair or not.

This is some serious BS. Strong and Wickline have history. They are friends. They worked together. Lets not try to spin it that Texas is targeting Big 12 coaches. That is patently incorrect. The Texas-phobia needs to end, way to many Chicken Littles running around.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, over sensitive aren't you. The defensive coaches are set and none came from the Big 12. The offensive coaches are set except for the OC and only one came from the Big 12.

I imagine your next comment might be, "Hey what's the deal? Aren't Big 12 coaches good enough for Texas?" :rollseyes:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Today it is your coaches tomorrow your women and children...fear the Longhorns they are coming for you!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today it is your coaches tomorrow your women and children...fear the Longhorns they are coming for you!

Are we talking about Texas or Petrino here:noidea:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UT had taken Briles or Gundy, i could see some within the conference cry about it. Good get for strong though, this coach already recruits Texas, and turns 3 stars into good linemen.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Goldbug, you're beginning to sound like whiny Cornhusker fans with their Texas conspiracies. You're better than that. Like a previous poster said, Wickline and Strong have ties together. If prying away one Big 12 coach, an offensive line coach at that, not an OC or a HC, means that Texas is creating hard feelings, then I don't know what to tell you.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Goldbug, you're beginning to sound like whiny Cornhusker fans with their Texas conspiracies. You're better than that. Like a previous poster said, Wickline and Strong have ties together. If prying away one Big 12 coach, an offensive line coach at that, not an OC or a HC, means that Texas is creating hard feelings, then I don't know what to tell you.

TE98, some of my Horns friends misunderstood my comment. Let me elaborate. Stealing one assistant doesn't mean anything. What I was referring to was the larger picture. You guys need to clean up your basketball and baseball programs too. And keep cleaning them up for a couple of years down the road when it's likely you don't get all your initial new hires right, people leave, etc. IF Texas poached coaches in more than one sport that's when the whining would start. It doesn't mean I'm against UT doing it. I'm just saying that if UT suddenly started picking off coaches (in addition to the upswing you should see in your athletic programs' recruiting which will piss some people off if the right changes are made at UT) then you can expect some people to start bitching about every little thing.....especially if you turn right around and beat the team you just took someone from. You're Texas; you should expect it.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has taken way more assistant coaches from other Big 12 schools than Texas has. Your whining hypocritical posts fall on deaf ears...

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Sooner complaining that Texas needs to "clean up" their basketball and baseball programs would give me a headache, if it weren't for the fact that this Longhorn could care less about what that Sooner thinks.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Sooner complaining that Texas needs to "clean up" their basketball and baseball programs would give me a headache, if it weren't for the fact that this Longhorn could care less about what that Sooner thinks.

The posters on this board with Horns pedigrees have bitched about the same thing ad nauseam. But when an OU fans says the same thing we're full of it? I don't get it.