• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas HS coaches down on A&M's move

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you didn't have talent.

Tennesse hasn't been in the championship mix since 98.

All time elite, yes Tennessee is up there but they are not in the mix and havn't been since 98.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some are missing the point. Kids aren't going to lose out on pro opportunities if they choose Texas or OU over an SEC team. And they'll have good shot at a NC as well. For a Texas prospect, there's not a lot of reason for them to leave the state, or choose the SEC over a local school.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some are missing the point. Kids aren't going to lose out on pro opportunities if they choose Texas or OU over an SEC team. And they'll have good shot at a NC as well. For a Texas prospect, there's not a lot of reason for them to leave the state, or choose the SEC over a local school.

So Texas high schoolers aren't going to leave the state? L O fucking L. Florida State has the top recruit from the state.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas high schoolers aren't going to leave the state? L O fucking L. Florida State has the top recruit from the state.

FSU has ONE kid.....and it's arguable he's the best.

Are you missing my point on purpose? Kids by and large are not leaving the state simply because A&M is in the SEC. Will the SEC get more recruits? Possibly. But it won't really affect schools like Texas and OU, who by FAR get the lions share of the top talent. I'll say it again, maybe this time you'll actually read and understand it.......there's not a lot of reason for the top recruits to leave the state. Stop being dense.

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has ONE kid.....and it's arguable he's the best.

Are you missing my point on purpose? Kids by and large are not leaving the state simply because A&M is in the SEC. Will the SEC get more recruits? Possibly. But it won't really affect schools like Texas and OU, who by FAR get the lions share of the top talent. I'll say it again, maybe this time you'll actually read and understand it.......there's not a lot of reason for the top recruits to leave the state. Stop being dense.

That's different then what you originally said, you said Texas recruits wouldn't choose the SEC over Texas or Texas's bitch. The fact is the SEC doesn't have a market in Texas yet, but once they start playing games on a regular basis the SEC power schools will beat out Texas and OU on some of the top recruits. Also, Texas will get a majority of the Texas recruits because they are the state school, but teams like LSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc. are going to start beating Texas on recruits.

Why do you think that the PAC 12 schools wanted the California schools split into different divisions so badly? Because they wanted that pipeline to Cali talent. Same principle here.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's different then what you originally said, you said Texas recruits wouldn't choose the SEC over Texas or Texas's bitch. The fact is the SEC doesn't have a market in Texas yet, but once they start playing games on a regular basis the SEC power schools will beat out Texas and OU on some of the top recruits. Also, Texas will get a majority of the Texas recruits because they are the state school, but teams like LSU, Alabama, Georgia, etc. are going to start beating Texas on recruits.

Why do you think that the PAC 12 schools wanted the California schools split into different divisions so badly? Because they wanted that pipeline to Cali talent. Same principle here.

That's not what I said at all. I said recruiting wont' impact the top recruits for Texas and OU, and that by and large, most recruits don't have any reasons to leave. Texas will ALWAYS get the talent they want, and the SEC will get the scraps.

LSU has always gotten recruits......but beating Texas for a recruit here or there is not saying much, now is it?

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tennessee is still consider elite among a lot of recruits. Granted a lot has to do with coaches. Fulmer had the #3 recruiting class just 4 years ago. Kiffin had a top ten recruiting class.

Georgia has been a top ten program winning percentage wise this decade.

Auburn is the only BCS AQ program to have two undefeated seasons in the BCS era.

All three are elite programs. UCLA fans and Cal fans still came out in droves excited to see their team play Tennessee. We still have our cred even if we have struggled recently.

OU and Texas are definitely elite programs but let's face it, they are the product of a weak league that has no one to challenge them on a year to year basis other than each other. Stick them in the cauldron of the SEC and they are another Auburn/Georgia/TN/LSU, etc.Every SEC fan will tell you there is a big 6 in the SEC right now. Arkansas and South Carolina are trying to climb into that 6 but they haven't done enough yet to get there.

Texas owns the SEC in a severe way historically, and that's not counting all the wins against Arkansas. To put it in another way, put TEX or OU in the SEC, and you will never hear from AU, Tenn, UGA, etc again. FYI, Texas just went 2-6 in conference play last year, so there went your theory about Texas never getting challenged in conference play.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas owns the SEC in a severe way historically, and that's not counting all the wins against Arkansas. To put it in another way, put TEX or OU in the SEC, and you will never hear from AU, Tenn, UGA, etc again. FYI, Texas just went 2-6 in conference play last year, so there went your theory about Texas never getting challenged in conference play.

LOL

:rolleyes: