• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas @ BYU

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack Brown's reaction after the game at the press conference. I shit you not:

ybe3unyq.jpg

This fool could not give a fuck less. Just keep paying me my millions, bitches.

kap1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the Baylor game. Good GOD, it's going to be ugly.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be a silver lining to this debacle. Just maybe, it will finally remove the blinders from UT's powers that be as to the total ineptitude of Mack and company. This team was completely unprepared for the game.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy beat us. He looked like Tebow out there, only a bit slower. Man he sure was quick when it counted. Maybe he's got 4 wifes and has been running away from the law since he was 16.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k...fill me in on the Mack Brown and orange slice thing....

also, tell Toshiro Davis "hey!" for me....... :happy:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One guy beat us. He looked like Tebow out there, only a bit slower. Man he sure was quick when it counted. Maybe he's got 4 wifes and has been running away from the law since he was 16.

There you go ... make fun of a man's religion to distract from the fact that your team blows. Hook 'em horns!

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to how the peanut gallery shows up when Texas loses, when all they post about is how the Longhorns aren't relevant anymore. :dhd:
-------
i've read into this thread without posting yet but this comment ^^^^^^^deserves a response. It's OK to be a devoted loyal fan. Here's the difference. Next week Nebreaska is more than likely going to get beat (probably badly) by a ranked team. I'll be in the ER of the local hospital in catatonic shock if Nebraska wins. Most other schools fans are realistic about their football programs.

Texas fans always seem great at making excuses. The last couple of years it's been "We're a young team". OK, that's acceptable EXCEPT Brown had a string of ten years where he won ten games or more. And we all know that somewhere in that decade he HAD young teams and STILL managaed to win ten games every year. And yet when Brown had to or was forced to let go of many of his long time assistants, what's happened?. The school/AD/HC went out after some top notch assistants pay them good money and forgot about coaching chemistry as well as forgot to tell these assistants to leave their egos at home and coach for the good of the team and NOT for themselves. I said the same damn thing over at CBS. There is no chemistry...money alone won't buy that.

The sad thing is the school has boxed itself into a corner on this issue. What coach in their right mind would leave where they are to come and coach at Texas? You have a great loyal fan base, great facilities, great recruiting classes, a great history/tradition, and all the money in the world. Yet, whoever is offered the job is going to be on a very short leash.

One year year turnarounds? Maybe an Urban Meyer, but I don't know if even Texas would be willing to part with the salary and buyout of his current contract. Which leaves you with the Notre Dame syndrome. Sign someone to a 5 year contract and the dump then after three for not producing---over & over again.

So, yeah this is why the "peanut gallery" shows up after these types of Texas losses. Your fan base continues to be in denial of the real problems. So, you get made fun of. It's sad when the outside world can see your problems and Longhorn egos are so huge they won't admit to the real issues.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Nebraska fan realistic about their football program and doesn't make excuses?? LMAO

I know you're new here, but wait til that first loss. You will see excuses like no other form NU fans.