• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas After Harbaugh

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't know about that. Wasn't there a report that he A. Turned down an offer at USC and B. Has turned down at least one contract extension? Although maybe those two things weren't related.

Maybe, but if Harbs' agent calls 'em and says, "Texas has this offer on the table and if you don't beat it by 20% he's going to the Longhorns,' I'm sure the Niners would oblige. They'd be morons not to.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Donchya boyz all know, everyone wants to live down in Tayx-ahss. :rollseyes:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not leaving the 49ers for the fucking Longhorns. They aren't even the top team in the state at this point. He flat out turned down USC, where he would be familiar with the teams, coaches and schemes. Texas would be doing themselves a disservice if they didn't try to contact the best coaches in the country. That's all that's happening here.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe, but if Harbs' agent calls 'em and says, "Texas has this offer on the table and if you don't beat it by 20% he's going to the Longhorns,' I'm sure the Niners would oblige. They'd be morons not to.

Schefter is reporting that if Harbaugh wants to leave for Texas, the 49ers won't stop him. With that said, would the 49ers enter into one last bit of offers (or one final offer) if he made it clear he was thinking of leaving? Possibly.

As far as being worth x amount, I won't get into that. I'll just provide where the riches HCs are at currently:

Sean Payton - $8M
Bill Belichick - $7.5M
Andy Reid - $7.5M
Pete Carroll - $7M
Jeff Fisher - $7M
Mike Shanahan - $7M
Tom Coughlin - $6.67M
Chip Kelly - $6.5M

My guess would be that if Harbaugh doesn't bolt and signs an extension, he'll end up probably averaging $7M a year. And again that has NOTHING to do with what I personally think he's worth. That would just be my guess as to what he could or might end up averaging.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter is reporting that if Harbaugh wants to leave for Texas, the 49ers won't stop him. With that said, would the 49ers enter into one last bit of offers (or one final offer) if he made it clear he was thinking of leaving? Possibly.

As far as being worth x amount, I won't get into that. I'll just provide where the riches HCs are at currently:

Sean Payton - $8M
Bill Belichick - $7.5M
Andy Reid - $7.5M
Pete Carroll - $7M
Jeff Fisher - $7M
Mike Shanahan - $7M
Tom Coughlin - $6.67M
Chip Kelly - $6.5M

My guess would be that if Harbaugh doesn't bolt and signs an extension, he'll end up probably averaging $7M a year. And again that has NOTHING to do with what I personally think he's worth. That would just be my guess as to what he could or might end up averaging.

So what do you personally think he is worth. IMO he is worth 7 mil per year easy and would not have any issues with him getting 8

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Sean Payton - $8M
Bill Belichick - $7.5M
Andy Reid - $7.5M
Pete Carroll - $7M
Jeff Fisher - $7M
Mike Shanahan - $7M
Tom Coughlin - $6.67M
Chip Kelly - $6.5M

In terms of not stopping him I think that if he really wanted to leave and go to Texas they wouldn't get in the way but I'm positive they would make him a competitive offer to stay.

But as I've said before I just can't see him going back down to the college level because I've always felt he wanted to coach at the highest level in the NFL and coaching in college was just the needed steps to get there.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So what do you personally think he is worth. IMO he is worth 7 mil per year easy and would not have any issues with him getting 8

If I were the one in the position of negotiating with his agent, I'd close my eyes a little bit and settle for $7M/year. As a fan, if he were to wind up getting 8+, then fine. It's not my money. But if I were the one having to get him to settle for something, it'd be for as close to $7M as I could get.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

Texas, YOU CAN'T POACH NFL-CALIBER COACHES FROM THE NFL!!!! We're not talking about Saban and Petrino here. We're talking about LEGITIMATE NFL coaches. YOU'RE SMALL POTATOS WHEN IT COMES TO CAREER DECISIONS!!! Sorry your previous coach sucked so much ass, but you have no chance of poaching a coach from a superbowl contending team. If you want a winner who is about to be unemployed, go after Tom Coughlin. Of course, he'll probably die from laughter at the notion that he needs to step down like this.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Texas, I hope they don't get anyone good.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Leave it to Texas to think they are that prestigous or important...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Charlie Strong - C - Cardinals

Texas will hire Louisville coach Charlie Strong, reports Bobby Burton of Horns247.

Texas athletic director Steve Patterson appeared to target Strong after whiffing on Nick Saban. Patterson was also known to have interviewed Vanderbilt's James Franklin, but it appears that the Commodores' coach finished runner-up. Yahoo Sports columnist Pat Forde wrote in a column Friday that Strong was "the absolute worst fit for the job" because "he wants to be left alone. That wouldn't fly at Longhorn Network University. If he's hired, you're free to wonder whether the people involved with the search asked the right questions and got the right answers."
Source: Bobby Burton on Twitter

Jan 3 - 11:17 PM

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can someone explain to me how Mack Brown whiffed on Ponder, Luck, Foles, RG3, Manziel, and Jameis Winston? And then you got Trevor Knight, the OU qb from San Antonio who grew up wanting to play for Texas. Granted, the OSU defense was pretty bad, but i thought he played well on his own merit.

But back to the main point. It's mind boggling how many QBs the Texas program missed out on.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone explain to me how Mack Brown whiffed on Ponder, Luck, Foles, RG3, Manziel, and Jameis Winston? And then you got Trevor Knight, the OU qb from San Antonio who grew up wanting to play for Texas. Granted, the OSU defense was pretty bad, but i thought he played well on his own merit.

But back to the main point. It's mind boggling how many QBs the Texas program missed out on.

You can add Chase Daniels to that list. Texas didn't even attempt to recruit him until after he had committed to MU. And Texas is where he wanted to play.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I liked Charlie Strong too. He sold his soul to the evil empire but I guess you can't blame a guy for taking a better offer and taking a step up in his career. Oh well, time to cheer against Strong now.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn, I liked Charlie Strong too. He sold his soul to the evil empire but I guess you can't blame a guy for taking a better offer and taking a step up in his career. Oh well, time to cheer against Strong now.

He's a pretty good recruiter from my understanding. I am kind of impress in seeing what he did with the Louisville program. He's now got a gold mine of h.s. talent right in his backyard - easy pickings! Let's see if he can develop them accordingly. If I'm a Longhorns fan, I would be happy with this hiring.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...will, I hope, keep losing to Oklahoma teams!