• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas After Harbaugh

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen.

Jim Hairball is not leaving the NFL, and if he does it would be for Michigan.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I just find some of the logic in the article shaky at best.

Of course without knowing the guy it's hard to say what are his motivations are.

I mean maybe 10 million a year at Texas could sway him considering that's double the pay he makes now.

But I think his rejection of a contract extension was more due to the fact he knows the more the 9ers are successful the more leverage he gains and I think he's hoping to win a SB and cash in on that.

I don't see control being an issue as he should know that anytime you're in the NFL you're always going to have to deal with a GM and Baalke has built him a pretty good roster. And not always being on the same page is something I'm sure every single coach and GM go through and it doesn't mean they don't have a healthy working relationship.

And his restlessness point was weak as well because it fails to mention from San Diego to the 49ers every job his taken has been a significant upgrade to the prior one.

My thoughts is that his desire is to be an NFL coach as someone as intense and hyper competitive as he is wants to be at the top of competition which is the NFL. Not to mention he seems quite comfortable with living in California and the Bay Area.

I could see him only taking Texas if the money was too good to pass up. I mean if Texas wants to pay him 10 million (unlikely) how many people would turn down double the pay?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs won't leave the nfl. He is losing to his brother 1-0 in Super Bowls. Bet your ass he's a competative mother fucker at everything lol

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen.

This ^^. He could have had the Michigan job after they dumped Rich Rod. Why would he want the Texas gig ?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Harbaugh is chiefly concerned about dolalalala lots of paypa, but from a money standpoint, CA sucks for taxes.

Texas offers Harbaugh more money and takes less in taxes. In California, Harbaugh most likely pays 12.30% in state income tax on top of the 39.6% in federal taxes, adding up to 51.9%

Vs in Texas where there is NO income tax, but he'd have to pay property taxes of 1.81%

I still think Harbaugh is more focused on his competitive desire to win a SB/create a dynasty with the Niners, but for someone purely focused on money, Texas would be hard to beat.

(and I agree with whoever doubted Texas is actually interested in Tomlin)

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that. I remember a friend of mine retired from the army and settled in Texas and I said "Of all the redneck hell holes, why Texas?" and he said the same thing you did above. It made a big difference in his retirement income. But I would say to Harbaugh, "how much do you need, what about quality of life?"

(Doesn't like redneck hell holes)
(Lives in Arizona)

Quality of life in Austin is extremely high. Don't see him ever taking the job though, would be too much of a step down.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Doesn't like redneck hell holes)
(Lives in Arizona)

Quality of life in Austin is extremely high. Don't see him ever taking the job though, would be too much of a step down.

Funny and all but, Austin is a cool town. That means nothing. He left a good Stanford program to coach the Niners. They are successful. They should've been in 2 Super Bowls. Yeah, he's not leaving the big leagues, being successful here and headed to a college team in Texas.

Even Nick Saban wouldn't do that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to happen.

not even for mich because he had a chance the year he had to pick between 49ers, Miami and Mich and he picked the 49ers.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban re-ups at Alabama. Uh oh!

Not happening, bro. This is the big leagues and he's done it well. You don't quit a corporate job to go work at Walmart. Even IF the money was comparable.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading this thread: Texas after Harbaugh. Like there was a Texas before Harbaugh...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you did. Hey, we all do at times.

It happens. But what's not happenin', is Harbaugh leaving. Not with a team, at the highest level, looking mid-prime collectively. His daddy Jack might have bumped around a lot.(headed up my Broncos way back in the day). Jim himself may have moved on quickly several times already. But JH to TX isn't happening. Even if people are making threads to discuss what Texas will be like after Harbaugh.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens. But what's not happenin', is Harbaugh leaving. Not with a team, at the highest level, looking mid-prime collectively. His daddy Jack might have bumped around a lot.(headed up my Broncos way back in the day). Jim himself may have moved on quickly several times already. But JH to TX isn't happening. Even if people are making threads to discuss what Texas will be like after Harbaugh.

Of course he's not. You don't leave one of the most successful pro teams, lead them to a Super Bowl and then head back to the minors. Saban wouldn't have left Miami, had they been a force in the league.

Maybe he would've. You can never trust that guy.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading this thread: Texas after Harbaugh. Like there was a Texas before Harbaugh...

I think you're reading it wrong, bro.

I must be, or else I really missed something.

Pretty sure you did. Hey, we all do at times.

I don't know if your mis-taking of the word after is deliberate or not. To "go after" someone is to pursue that someone... so Texas is going after Harbaugh... but you knew that. I don't know you, is that just some quirky humor?

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northern Cali and not having to recruit> Texas

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Northern Cali and not having to recruit> Texas

Plus if Texas offered him a contract the Niners would immediately beat it with an extension by a significant margin IMO. Harbaugh's worth like 9 million a season at least.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see him leaving for Texas.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus if Texas offered him a contract the Niners would immediately beat it with an extension by a significant margin IMO. Harbaugh's worth like 9 million a season at least.

I don't know about that. Wasn't there a report that he A. Turned down an offer at USC and B. Has turned down at least one contract extension? Although maybe those two things weren't related.